Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point would or were you no longer hyped about a possible May Vs Pac fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    When Floyd decided to fight Ortiz and Pac decided to fight Marquez. The latest this fight could have happened and still be worth it was the middle of last year.
    Oh it's still worth it. It's just not feasible it that will happen at this point. Arum knew what he was doing eith this bradley fight. He essentially tied pac ip for 2 more fights, one with marqez and one with bradley. Well that and most ppl probably think it'll be a wash now.

Comment

After they took turns sharing Hatton, De La Hoya and Mosley

Comment

People are kidding themsleves if they say they wouldn't want to see it. If it doesn't happen in 2013, which may be the last year that they'll be good or past their prime-still good, then I don't know. But it's still the best fight to be made with the Top 2 fighters in the sport. Manny looks the same as he did in 2010, and so does Floyd. Past their prime-still good.

Manny should have just beaten the #8 P4P fighter in his prime and unbeaten. And Floyd just beat the WBC WW champ/#2 ranked WW in his prime, and the WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW who is still one of the top fighters around.

If it happens in 2013, it still has a chance to be as huge as Leonard-Hagler. Leonard and Hagler weren't at their peaks either in 1987, they were past their prime-still good, and it was a huge fight. It still can be that in 2013.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 06-21-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

This just sucks, this should have happened before in 2010...That was when the pot was boiling over, now the water is evaporating...and one more loss for Pac or 1 for May and the fight is officially dead.

Comment

Pac/Marques 3

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              People are kidding themsleves if they say they wouldn't want to see it. If it doesn't happen in 2013, which may be the last year that they'll be good or past their prime-still good, then I don't know. But it's still the best fight to be made with the Top 2 fighters in the sport. Manny looks the same as he did in 2010, and so does Floyd. Past their prime-still good.

Manny should have just beaten the #8 P4P fighter in his prime and unbeaten. And Floyd just beat the WBC WW champ/#2 ranked WW in his prime, and the WBA SWW champ/#1 SWW who is still one of the top fighters around.

If it happens in 2013, it still has a chance to be as huge as Leonard-Hagler. Leonard and Hagler weren't at their peaks either in 1987, they were past their prime-still good, and it was a huge fight. It still can be that in 2013.
              its not doing 3 million anymore that's for sure.
              really stupid of Manny Pacquiao to not take the 40 million when offered because after the fight sold 1.9-2Million Floyd would've been the one made less

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                This just sucks, this should have happened before in 2010...That was when the pot was boiling over, now the water is evaporating...and one more loss for Pac or 1 for May and the fight is officially dead.
                It was suppose to happen in March 2010, but we all know what happened then.

It's still big. Pac-JMM III was when 50-50 was off the table no matter what, to me at least. Pac should have just beaten Bradley though, the #8 P4P fighter in his prime. But if Pac officially loses to Marquez and convincingly, it's OVER. The fight would stil generate tons of buys, but it won't mean the same thing. If Pac beats Marquez convincingly and if Floyd wins a fight, and then they fight, it'll still mean a ton be huge. They have to keep winning though.

Comment

I was never interested in that fight. If the history of posts were more than 4 pages, and could go back to 2009, you would see i'm not lying. I always downplayed the fight as a mismatch and never thought highly of Manny Pacquiao.

I'm much more eager to see Mayweather-Canelo, Mayweather-Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    its not doing 3 million anymore that's for sure.
                    really stupid of Manny Pacquiao to not take the 40 million when offered because after the fight sold 1.9-2Million Floyd would've been the one made less
                    Manny should just accept or take 55-45 or 60-40. The fight will do more than 2 million, I would book that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

I really don't care. Don't believe me if you want, but if the fight never happened, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X