Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Top Rank: We Reserved Sept. 15 First, Not Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see Martinez and Chavez Jr more than Ortiz and Canelo if I am honest.

Comment

And this is were boxing kills itself. It should be a joint ppv with canelo opening. Donaire should open for PAC. Boxing doesn't know how to build megastars

Comment

I think GBP wins. They will stay on sept 15 and top rank will be on Oct 6th. I don't believe Bob Arum. If they got the date first they would not be putting it on at the Thomas and mack centre. T&M is a old kinda run down building. The cable networks will force TR to the other date

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I think Showtime is more likely to back off since HBO has more resources.
          Not true. Pay-per-views have run head to head in the past, just never in the same city with a few miles of distance. Hopkins-Tarver ran head to head with Cotto-Malignaggi.

Comment

Well, they were in talks of the date before Canelo was.... doesn't matter, i'd go for the Martinez fight anyway because I want to see how well JCC Jr. is.
            If he won, I'll give him his props.

Comment

if they reserved if 1st why isn't at the MGM

Comment

I will buy the TR card for the simple fact that the GB card is headlined by Ortiz and you never know what kind of crap that guy will pull in the ring and for $65 I won't risk paying for it over Chavez/Martinez. Both guys will be Game on fight night and with Ortiz is such a train wreck in there once he feels Alvarez punch who knows what he'll try to pull in there

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Not true. Pay-per-views have run head to head in the past, just never in the same city with a few miles of distance. Hopkins-Tarver ran head to head with Cotto-Malignaggi.
                  But those PPVs seem to have completely different demographics so there should have been minimal overlap between the buyers. On the other hand, both Chavez/Martinez and Canelo/Ortiz are being targeted to the same Mexican demographic, which could cut revenues in half they air at the same time.

Anyway, I'm just going by what that guy is saying. If true, I think Showtime is more likely to back off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
                    I think GBP wins. They will stay on sept 15 and top rank will be on Oct 6th. I don't believe Bob Arum. If they got the date first they would not be putting it on at the Thomas and mack centre. T&M is a old kinda run down building. The cable networks will force TR to the other date
                    I think I am literally going to pray that you are right. I didn't know T&M was a rundown building, you could very well be right if this is the case.

Comment

In this case, wouldn't both GBP and TR make even more money if they cooperated and had one big mega card instead of having their own contest?

Comment

Working...
                      X