No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Pacquiao Top Highest Paid Athletes List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    If Manny had a better deal, he could take home more and the split would be moot.

SO we are clear, I undertsnad your points about split. But when you make 56 mil in a year and someone offers you $40 guaranteed, even in these circumstances, its not as bad as I initially thought.

Wait so if pac just had a better deal with arum would the $40 mill flat not be reasonable?

Comment

Thats why they call him Money. Pretty amazing how Pac and Mayweather were able to do this with almost no endorsements. And People keep saying Boxing is dying.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        I want the fight yea, what do you want me to do about it? Go up to Floyd and say give Pacquiao w.e he wants (even if he doesn't deserve it) Should I go up to Pacquiao and stick a needle in his arm? You seem to think because I want the fight happen so I should agree with all the terms even if they are completely absurd(50-50). Hell if Floyd wants the fight to happen he has to give Pacquiao his house, I should agree with those terms because I want the fight to happen...I think this is logic is even dumber then the, since Pacquiao is a one-dimensional mental midget from Asia he shouldn't have to prove he is clean with a drug test....

Let me ask you what has Pacquiao done to indicate he wants the fight? Besides from saying It depends on his promoter, besides saying he is willing to take a smaller cut and then going back on that and besides refusing to take a drug test, which he still has passed every opportunity to prove he is clean, What has Pacquiao really done to show that he is interested in the fight?

The day Pacquiao got robbed was the best day in your life, Now Pacquiao can rematch Bradley if he wins they get the rubber match and maybe even fight Marquez AGAIN. Pacquiao won't have time to get his ass beat by Floyd...
        What I'm getting from you fans of Floyd is that you're completely satisfied the fight never happens as long as Pac doesn't get his end of the deal. Well, you got what you want already, but why do you guys keep bringing it up? Why not live in peace with it and let them fight their own fights? You already got what you want. Pac didn't get what he wanted. Move on and focus on other fighters. I'm satisfied with Khan for Floyd's next fight. Why can't you?

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          LOL no. I already told you floyd would still get more if they settle for a 50/50 split because of pac's deal. I don't know what pac's deal(How much money he makes) has got to do with how the split should be made.

It should be based on how much $$ their fights generate. Both of their fights generate money from the same ball park which should be the bases of the split. Not how much pac is netting. We know he has a horrible deal with arum but again what does that have to do with how the split should be made?
          What you don't understand is Pac's deal is his deal it don't has nothing to do with Floyd. He shouldn't have signed such a bad deal or bought it out when he had the chance. Floyd makes more money because he should he brings in more PPV buyers, and brings in the high rollers to Vegas to watch him fight. Against common opponents Floyd thoroughly outperforms Pac. Considering what Pac is making now per fight 40 mill isn't bad for an opening offer. But he shouldn't even be thinking about 50/50 more like probably 55/45 at most.

Comment

Wonder why Floyd doesn't seek out big time endorsement deals... Seems like he could add about 50% revenue to his income a year by doing so.

Comment

i dont get why you guys are still putting energy into this topic when you know the fight isnt happening floyd is in jail, pac just lost and now hes supposed to fight jmm...... arum has no plans on doing business with floyd, he owes floyd money for 2 past fights (which has alot to do with floyds split demand)

i think you all are in denail and just want to argue for the sake of it just give it up and move on with your lifes its over!

of the fight does happen it will be when both of them are washed up it wont happen soon so fk it

there has not been any real negotiations outside of rumours and lies since 2009 and some in 2010

its 2012
              Last edited by jtiger777; 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                What I'm getting from you fans of Floyd is that you're completely satisfied the fight never happens as long as Pac doesn't get his end of the deal. Well, you got what you want already, but why do you guys keep bringing it up? Why not live in peace with it and let them fight their own fights? You already got what you want. Pac didn't get what he wanted. Move on and focus on other fighters. I'm satisfied with Khan for Floyd's next fight. Why can't you?
                Another Pacquiao fan who can't answer a question and keeps changing the subject, let me go back to the 6th post in this thread and see who brought up the fight not happening...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  The only people who don't want the floyd manny fight are his fans like you. The rest of us want it bad

Comment

Originally posted by tomasio View Post
                    mayweather is the highest paid athlete & yet he is the only 1 in the top 10 list without any endorsements!! That just shows that he doesn't need pacquiao or anybody else!!
                    ^^^^
                    this!

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Wonder why Floyd doesn't seek out big time endorsement deals... Seems like he could add about 50% revenue to his income a year by doing so.
                      I am basing this COMPLETELY off of YouTube videos but I think once you become sponsored or endorsed, or once a company links their brand with your name, you have to have a clean image.

Like when Wrigleys dropped Chris Brown after he beat up Rihanna, that's not something Wrigleys wants attached to their name.

When Nike dropped Tiger Woods for cheating on his wife wit all those mistresses, that's not something Nike wants attached to their name.

So I imagine with Floyd's rants on Pacquiao, Jeremy Lin, his burning the hundo, beating his baby momma, and just overall bad guy image, I wouldn't think he would be getting too many offers. But it doesn't look like he needs any anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X