No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Pacquiao Top Highest Paid Athletes List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    My answer would shock you, that's why I'm choosing not to answer such silly question. I don't even think Floyd deserves 50/50 split, imho. Pacman is the real superstar, not Floyd. Half of the world doesn't even recognize Floyd until he became associated with Pac's name.
    Sure buddy keep telling yoursef that. Thats why Floyd has the highest garuntee in history right? Cuz Mannys the real star. GTFOH

Comment

His fans overrate him. He invented 24/7. He fights once a year, which, that in itself, would attract curious onlookers. He's famous for ducking fights. He's got a big mouth helping him to hype his fights. What exactly would you expect? Of course, fans would want to pay to see him lose. But he's definitely not the kind of superstar fans would want to see like in the Tyson days. Or Ali days, SRL, etc.

Point is, if he really wants Pac, even God can't stop him from getting the fight. It's even embarrassing to make these split concerns an issue. SRL waited for Hagler to slown down before agreeing to fight him. Apparently, he ducked him in his prime. End of story. Nobody is saying he didn't.

Comment

My answer would shock you, that's why I'm choosing not to answer such silly question. I don't even think Floyd deserves 50/50 split, imho. Pacman is the real superstar, not Floyd. Half of the world doesn't even recognize Floyd until he became associated with Pac's name.

Comment

I don't get the lack of logic int his thread but I also avoid posting in Floyd.Pac threads if I can because I findlittle logic in them.

But business wise, just because someone has a history of making more money than another person doesn't mean the other person won't be bringing as much cash to the table as the wealthier person.

Pac and Floyd split needs to be based on hwo much each person brings to the tabel and t's pretty obvious Pac will bring WAAAAAAAAAY more than $40 million to the table. So while Pac has made ****** requests in the negotiations there is no request that greater screams "I don't want the fight" than offering Pac $40 million.

If people were honest they'd admit that but people are not honest with themselves.

Also, Floyd DOES need Pac or his legacy. A win over Pac would increase his legacy whle no other fight right now can do that for him. He doesn't need the money because he can make, and blow, money fighting other fighters just like Pac can. Hate to break it to people but any reasonable human could live off a third of one the money either one of them make off a fight but neither seem to be reasonable in their spending.

A win over each other will greatly increase each other's legacy. Any talk otherwise is nonsense.

Oh and for the record I think Floyd if the better and more more talented boxer. But I'm being honest here.

Comment

There you have it folks; yet the haters keep on hating.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJJ View Post
              I don't get the lack of logic int his thread but I also avoid posting in Floyd.Pac threads if I can because I findlittle logic in them.

But business wise, just because someone has a history of making more money than another person doesn't mean the other person won't be bringing as much cash to the table as the wealthier person.

Pac and Floyd split needs to be based on hwo much each person brings to the tabel and t's pretty obvious Pac will bring WAAAAAAAAAY more than $40 million to the table. So while Pac has made ****** requests in the negotiations there is no request that greater screams "I don't want the fight" than offering Pac $40 million.

If people were honest they'd admit that but people are not honest with themselves.

Also, Floyd DOES need Pac or his legacy. A win over Pac would increase his legacy whle no other fight right now can do that for him. He doesn't need the money because he can make, and blow, money fighting other fighters just like Pac can. Hate to break it to people but any reasonable human could live off a third of one the money either one of them make off a fight but neither seem to be reasonable in their spending.

A win over each other will greatly increase each other's legacy. Any talk otherwise is nonsense.

Oh and for the record I think Floyd if the better and more more talented boxer. But I'm being honest here.
              Exactly!!

Comment

Comment

absolutely false, first of all floyd was recognized in the olympics, he comes from a famous boxing family, so even before he became a professional ppl already had their eyes on him, kinda like how JCC jr has a big following cuz of his father....floyd was ring ****zine fighter of the year in 98' and world boxing hall of fame fighter of the year in 02' http://boxrec.com/media/index.php?title=Human:352 at this time, no one even knew of pac's existence, the first half of pac's career was outside of the USA, he didn't have a fight in USA until 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    LOL no. I already told you floyd would still get more if they settle for a 50/50 split because of pac's deal. I don't know what pac's deal(How much money he makes) has got to do with how the split should be made.

It should be based on how much $$ their fights generate. Both of their fights generate money from the same ball park which should be the bases of the split. Not how much pac is netting. We know he has a horrible deal with arum but again what does that have to do with how the split should be made?
                    If Manny had a better deal, he could take home more and the split would be moot.

SO we are clear, I undertsnad your points about split. But when you make 56 mil in a year and someone offers you $40 guaranteed, even in these circumstances, its not as bad as I initially thought.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJJ View Post

What are you basing your figures on? SPeculation? Thats my whole point. The info in this article makes clear your assertion that pac brings "wayyyyy more" makes no sense. People pay more to watch floyd fight. This is proven in gate reciepts, overall gross, ppv cost and sales, and every other piece of objective data.

Yes manny is a huge star and moves significant units, but whatever he brings to the table, he is still a guest.

Comment

Working...
                      X