No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather, Pacquiao Top Highest Paid Athletes List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncods View Post
    I can't believe that people are defending that $40 mill offer from floyd with no PPV cut. That's the most ******ed deal ever. Why should pac settle for a flat fee in the biggest money fight in the history of the sport when he is a superstar himself as evidenced by being 2nd on the list. What they are separated by $20 mill or something. Fact is both will receive their highest earnings if they fight each other.
    its all about negotiations, manny could of stayed on the damn phone and talked to him. it doesnt sound like floyd was being a d-bag about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Just because its not split evenly doesn't mean it isn't fair. If the fight generates more than expected (like floyd/odh) and floyd's deal allows him to make more, what is the problem?

OK, so what if floyd offers manny $56 mil gurantee? Is that fair?
      See only floyd would make more. If the fight does 2.5 mill buys at $60 a pop it generates $150 mill. Ok Do the math brah. Pac has no upside whatsoever for a fight expected to break records. Dude pac has a large following he brings in a lot of money here not just floyd.
      Last edited by johncods; 06-18-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I have no problem. I simply asked you a question, which you choose not to answer. But I figured you wouldn't because the only thing more obvious than manny whipping bradley's ass is that manny in no way, shape or form deserves a 50/50 split to fight floyd,

Just wanted to see if you were man enough to admit to admit it.
        My answer would shock you, that's why I'm choosing not to answer such silly question. I don't even think Floyd deserves 50/50 split, imho. Pacman is the real superstar, not Floyd. Half of the world doesn't even recognize Floyd until he became associated with Pac's name.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I believe that is one of the new "Mannyweight" divisions correct?

Instead of an alphabet belt you win the IBF BWAA Golden Wristwatch of Filipino Pride and Adoration sponsored by Target in association with Tecate and Top Rank Promotions. And yes, it will be in the first sentence of every Ronnie N article.
          ***154lbs typo

and lol @ the title. I agree tho, Manny has been on the receiving end of a lot of bullsheisse awards.

Comment

I honestly don't know why you worry about how much $$ specifically they are separated. Look even if they split the fight 50/50 floyd would be making more money mainly because of pac's deal with arum. But that's a different story. Fact is both generate money from their fights from the same ballpark.

Pac has a huge fanbase that will watch him fight anyone. So why should he settle for a flat fee when he is bringing the type of following he has? tell me why? Don't give me that crap about him making more than he ever has cause floyd will get the same.
            Your post said "20 something" so I just did the exact math.

So why should he settle for a flat fee when he is bringing the type of following he has? Interesting how you word a $40 mil offer as settling. That said, I never said he should take the deal, I asked only if it looks as bad now that we know what each makes.

But manny can take the deal because without floyd, his total purse,ppv invluded, will not reach $40 mil EVER, given his deal structure. Floyd is making more because of his deal structure, not because of anything else. Manny's huge fanbase doesn't matter, his deal does.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              My answer would shock you, that's why I'm choosing not to answer such silly question. I don't even think Floyd deserves 50/50 split, imho. Pacman is the real superstar, not Floyd. Half of the world doesn't even recognize Floyd until he became associated with Pac's name.

Comment

See only floyd would make more. If the fight does 2.5 mill buys at $60 a pop it generates $150 mill. Ok Do the math brah. Pac has no upside whatsoever for a fight expected to break records. Dude pac has a large following he brings in a lot of money here not just floyd.
                I completely understand but its not on floyd to help manny offset what he loses because his contract with TR is so exploitive.

Respectfully, you seem to be saying, and if I'm wrong let me know, that floyd should offer manny more because floyd is already getting the bigger slice because of the way his deal is structured.

Now thats a nice thing to do, but its not mandatory. And if he doesn't, that in no way means he isn't being fair.

Comment

typical. its cool. I'm sure you, d4th, pacboy, hugh grant and the others are meeting to discuss how to protest Forbes and get this issue off newstands.

Comment

I don't know what you guys are mad about. You claim that you want the fight, yet you have no interest making it happen other than defending the things that won't make it happen. You want Manny to beg for the fight, which means Floyd doesn't have to do anything. "Here's my conditions. Take it or leave it." Well, apparently, Pacman chooses to leave it. We move on and stop talking about it.

Fight is not happening. You can blame Pacman/Arum all you want. What does that even mean? You feel proud and happy Floyd didn't budge? Is that all you want as a boxing fan?
                    I want the fight yea, what do you want me to do about it? Go up to Floyd and say give Pacquiao w.e he wants (even if he doesn't deserve it) Should I go up to Pacquiao and stick a needle in his arm? You seem to think because I want the fight happen so I should agree with all the terms even if they are completely absurd(50-50). Hell if Floyd wants the fight to happen he has to give Pacquiao his house, I should agree with those terms because I want the fight to happen...I think this is logic is even dumber then the, since Pacquiao is a one-dimensional mental midget from Asia he shouldn't have to prove he is clean with a drug test....

Let me ask you what has Pacquiao done to indicate he wants the fight? Besides from saying It depends on his promoter, besides saying he is willing to take a smaller cut and then going back on that and besides refusing to take a drug test, which he still has passed every opportunity to prove he is clean, What has Pacquiao really done to show that he is interested in the fight?

The day Pacquiao got robbed was the best day in your life, Now Pacquiao can rematch Bradley if he wins they get the rubber match and maybe even fight Marquez AGAIN. Pacquiao won't have time to get his ass beat by Floyd...

Comment

I completely understand but its not on floyd to help manny offset what he loses because his contract with TR is so exploitive.

Respectfully, you seem to be saying, and if I'm wrong let me know, that floyd should offer manny more because floyd is already getting the bigger slice because of the way his deal is structured.

Now thats a nice thing to do, but its not mandatory. And if he doesn't, that in no way means he isn't being fair.
                      LOL no. I already told you floyd would still get more if they settle for a 50/50 split because of pac's deal. I don't know what pac's deal(How much money he makes) has got to do with how the split should be made.

It should be based on how much $$ their fights generate. Both of their fights generate money from the same ball park which should be the bases of the split. Not how much pac is netting. We know he has a horrible deal with arum but again what does that have to do with how the split should be made?

Comment

Working...
                      X