Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What chance % do you give Chavez to beat Martinez now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
    You really dislike Sergio Martinez huh? LOL I respect you're opinion but what is it that you don't like about him? If it's "Because he is overrated" I don't see it. Most of the comments I have seen on here concerning Martinez have been disses.
    He's overrated.

Pitted against Cautious and or Pure Boxers or damaged/shot vets. Regardless I'm dying to see him fight JR.

Someone who won't flinch when he pauses for camera throwing left hand. That Roy Jones Jr wannabee nonsense is going to get totally Tarvered.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Can someone remind me who Andy Lee was again? LOL.

Junior is going to need uncle Bob's magic to help win the decision, that's IF he doesn't get KTFO'd.

Comment

I think the fact that he's a HUGE middleweight who can take a hard shot AND land hard shots of his own makes him a threat and will make him a challenge. That, along with the fact that MArtinez isn't getting any younger makes it a tougher fight for Sergio. That being said, I think it'd be very very VERY dumb of him to try and walk Sergio down, because I can see Sergio just tagging him all night. So I give him a good chance, but I still think Sergio beats him handily.

Comment

where is 0 % ?

O.o

Comment

chavez won't accept testing cause he's on roids, also martinez will pretty much school him easily

Comment

20%.....Same as it was before, incredible how people gave Lee a chance to beat Jr, Lee is not that good.

That said Jr. will find a way to avoid Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
                He's overrated.

Pitted against Cautious and or Pure Boxers or damaged/shot vets. Regardless I'm dying to see him fight JR.

Someone who won't flinch when he pauses for camera throwing left hand. That Roy Jones Jr wannabee nonsense is going to get totally Tarvered.
                Yet.....he's in his late thirties and getting KO after KO, after KO. The ref will stop it when the Chumpez jr's right eye is about ready to pop out of his head.

Lee punches like a powder puff......Martinez punches like a freight train.

Comment

I still think Martinez will beat Junior but after what I saw yesterday I don't doubt this is going to be a pretty explosive fight...40% chance for me

Comment

I think Chavez proved that his chin is on par with his father's, he took Andy Lee's best punches and Andy Lee is a HARD puncher. At 28 wins 20 of those by KO, that's a 66% KO average, and Chavez ate his punches like they were sour skittles.

Honesty, I never thought I would say this, but: Chavez Jr. beats Martinez.

He's simply too big, too strong, AND has a chin too along with those attributes. Martinez is a counter puncher who doesn't stay busy enough to keep someone like Chavez Jr. off of him. Also, Martinez is WIDE open for body shots and JC is an absolutely BEAST Body puncher like his father. Let's not forget that Macklin was even getting the better of Martinez for a little while, in fact if I remember correctly (I could be sadly mistaken) I think I even had Macklin ahead of Martinez before the 11th. Chavez wouldn't give Marty any room to breathe, and if he doesn't get an overwhelming stoppage, would surely win on points.

Just my imo, I still don't like Chavez Jr. for his questionable "don't ask me any questions" type of demeanor, but he's definitely a fun fighter to watch who earned my respect last night. Andy Lee is no SUPERSTAR, but he's a world class athlete who can give anybody a run for their money, especially someone who's perceived to be an amateur like Chavez Jr.

Comment

I honestly have felt for some time like Chavez has a good chance, a damn good chance against Martinez. 50/50 fight. That's why I couldn't understand him ducking so cold. Good to see him acting like he's ready to take off the training wheels & put on his big bwoy shoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X