No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Bradley's Controversial Win Over Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Last night while drunk and in a room full of Pac fans and with the absurdly biased HBO crew, I had Tim winning 3 rounds. Rewatched it today and I have Tim winning 5 rounds but it depends on what you like. If you like flush shots, then the couple of time a round, that Pac landed, you would give Pac all the close rounds. If you like overall control of the fight, then Tim is the guy.

Pac wanted Tim to stay in the box and trade but he didn't do it. Really, all Pac had was the straight left and if Tim was hurt as bad as they say he was then I'd expect him to do better in the rematch.

There were a lot of close rounds where Pac sat back and did nothing for the first 2 minutes while Bradley moved and jabbed him up, then he would come to life the final 20 seconds and try to steal the round. The judges might not have favored that tactic....dunno but the fight was sure as hell not 10-2 like Lederman had it. The crowd and their yelling and cheering for Pac must have had some kind of an influence.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA slap or jab you should be more specific LOL! If Bradley's corner showed a pillow or something soft he'll surely will sleep on it.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
      watch the fight without the hbo bias n crowd..manny didnt dominate
      if 10 rounds to 2 arent dominating then I dont know what is.

Comment

It looks very different the second time.

In viewing the fight a second time I saw it very different and much more competitve.
        Bradley made Pacman miss a lot of punches and never stoped throwing combinations while landing the left jab.

First, the HBO comentating is ridiculously biased, which no matter how much most won't admitted it, it does affect how you process what your seeing. Especially when its live and things are happening so fast you can't really tell what was landing, blocked or completely missed punches.

Second, I have the fight on DVR and made sure to rewind every punch Jim Lampley scream out as a landed punch for Pacquiao. In doing so I found that most were either blocked or slipped by Bradley.

Third Bradley didn't get hardly any commentary or recognition for his defense or abilty to consistantly land body shots throughout the fight or his abilty to land the left jab consistantly throughout the second half of the fight while landing combinations to the body and head at times.

I think people were so caught on the straight lefts that Pacquiao was able to land early on in the fight that they started to believe every left hand he threw was landing when in rewinding, pausing and rewinding again when necessary the straight was not really that effective after the early rounds.

I know some will criticize my assesment without really rewatching the fight in detail as I have, replaying every punch, but think about it like this....... Pacman is supposed to be at least the most powerful welterweight in the sport right? If Pacman really dominated Bradley and landed so many straight lefts, then why did Bradley look like he did before the fight instead of looking like Margarito or Cotto, two fighters that Pacman "clearly dominated" like the same term people use for Pacs performance against Bradley..... Exactly there really was no domination. Marquez looked worst than Bradley did in Pac vs Marquez 3 and he still won in the eyes of everyone except Pacquiao fans. Its never been hard to tell by an opponents face when Pac "dominates" why now?

Hey when all your looking and waiting for is Pacquiao's straight left that's all your gonna see. I'm not saying Brad hurt Pac but he scored more consistanly than Pac "IF" you watch it with you eyes and not your ears! In my opinion the fight was 116-112 Bradley. He was the better "Boxer" that night.

Comment

It was the Judges who shock the world.

But, Pacman out of his sportsmanlike attitude already accepted the Judges verdict.

There is a need to revised the scoring criteria, as well as, the qualification of Boxing Judges.

Neutrality should be taken into consideration. Find Neutral site for Championship fight; including Referee and Judges.

In the Pacman vs Bradley fight, it was held inside USA, the Referee was a Black American, the Judges were all Americans. So, there ought to be Neutrality to avoid the so called Hometown Decision or Robbery in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
            It was the Judges who shock the world.

But, Pacman out of his sportsmanlike attitude already accepted the Judges verdict.

There is a need to revised the scoring criteria, as well as, the qualification of Boxing Judges.

Neutrality should be taken into consideration. Find Neutral site for Championship fight; including Referee and Judges.

In the Pacman vs Bradley fight, it was held inside USA, the Referee was a Black American, the Judges were all Americans. So, there ought to be Neutrality to avoid the so called Hometown Decision or Robbery in Boxing.
            way to be biased to fit your agenda

that's the exact same thing they had for marquez-pac3

Comment

Why?! Pacquiao! Why!? There Is No Way Bradley Won? I Think Im Going To Cry...

Comment

I tried hard, but couldn't beat the guy' - Bradley told Arum before decision.

That's all there is to it in a nuttshell.

Comment

Working...
                X