Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: "Cotto #1 Option For Pacquiao's Next Fight If We Can Agree On A Weight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Cotto coming off a loss
    Rios coming off a loss
    Jones.....
    Dinamita it is!!!

All TR names or a former TR name. Also Rios vs Manny is the biggest garbage fight imaginable because Rios is garbage despite his fan boys thinking otherwise he isn't even a very good fighter let alone an elite one.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
      thats sad............
      Like San Antonio Spurs Sad?
      Last edited by PiXelElite; 06-08-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
        has anybody noticed thats what happens when all you fight is in-house........Thats what happened to mayweather when he left bob. Not too many good options

Bob had - Marg, Cotto, and Clottey. Mayweather had to settle for judah, Baldo, hatton (jmw), mosley and odl While pac had all the meat at the table

Now its reversed.

Golden has- Canelo, Ortiz, khan, Alexander, lara, kirkland, hell even guererro. With Cotto/martinez options now Mayweather got the big piece of chicken so to speak. and Pac is left with no legacy enhancing scrapes...Cotto (again), Jones, bradley ???????....this is why in house fights can be bad for boxing.
        Hahaha ... Marg. Cotto and Clottey weren't even contenders at WW when Mayweather beat Judah, Baldo and DLH.

Mayweather didn't settle. Baldo and Judah were #1 and #2 at WW when Floyd fought them.

Settling is when you target the 5th ranked fighter instead of the #1 ranked fight. Cotto was #4, Marg was #5, Clottey was #6. Those were Pac's ooponents coming off losses.

Comment

Ortiz should be in that mix especially if he beats that lopez kid, too bad hes with GB. such bull****

Comment

Cotto would welcome the opportunity to face Pacquiao again, and upon making a thread about Pac vs Ortiz just a couple of weeks ago, i've realized too GBP wont let that happen.

A rematch with Cotto is possible only if Manny agrees to fight above 150.

Comment

If rios looks impressive in his next fight vs a solid oppenent i wouldnt mind seeing him vs pac.

Comment

No need for this fight....I want to see the Cotto that fought Mayweather vs the Canelo that fought Mosley...if Pacquiao wins we all know who he should fight

Comment

Cotto ain't fighting again this year. He's sitting on the largest payday of his life.

Fighters sign to Top Rank because Arum promises them fights against Manny Pacquiao. If Mike Jones looks good tomorrow night, that's a fight that will happen within the next year or two.

If Bradley wins, don't be surprised to see Bradley vs. Mike Jones in the near future.

As far as November, Marquez seems to believe he's already got a contract to face Manny. That would be f'd up if Arum renigs on him.

Comment

Cotto at 154 in MSG or **** off

I would prefer Cotto fight Canelo though

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                      Hahaha ... Marg. Cotto and Clottey weren't even contenders at WW when Mayweather beat Judah, Baldo and DLH.

Mayweather didn't settle. Baldo and Judah were #1 and #2 at WW when Floyd fought them.

Settling is when you target the 5th ranked fighter instead of the #1 ranked fight. Cotto was #4, Marg was #5, Clottey was #6. Those were Pac's ooponents coming off losses.
                      I get what your saying jay and i completely agree. But what i was talking about was having in-house fights. When i say settling i meant Mayweather couldn't get the other guys on his resume because those fighters where top rank. And although i think mayweather did better with choosing mosley (being ranked higher than any of pacs opponents) and hell even ortiz (#2 ww) Pac had the option of fighting the name fighters for more (media) recognition. No matter what the situation was, May/Cotto would have been big in 08 and i think thats part of the reason why mayweather felt he accomplished all he could when he retired. He couldnt get anybody else worth fighting in the ww division. aside from pwill (dont know his ranking at the time) but i have yet to see two hamon fighters fight. Now Pac is running out of in house- credible-options (due to top rank/golden boy b.s) and it seems Mayweather has the pic of the litter.

I firmly believe Mayweather did better by fighting #1,#2#3 guys. I always thought the best was supposed to. But in mayweathers case as of right now to most casual boxing fans as unjust as it is, i believe they think pac took the toughest comp . But NOW Mayweather still has the big money options on fighters and the best part are they are still ranked in the top 3 Canelo #2 jmw (pac aint gettin that fight), Khan #1 jww (nope not this one either) if im not mistaken, and Martinez (hell no lol) #3 p4p. I think the end of mayweathers career is near and he is about to put the final touches on an amazing legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X