No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Margarito Retires From Boxing, Arum Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
    You've got a point there, but I think plaster is worse than steroids on every level. I'm not a massive Mosley fan either but he took Tony to school.
    I wouldn't say Mosley took Tony to school. To say that a boxer was taken to school implies that they were taught a boxing lesson by a superior technician. Mosley just beat the **** out of Margarito, straight up. He loaded up on the right hand all night long from the opening bell and never relented with it. That's not a schooling, that's just an ass whipping.

Comment

A true warrior. He will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
        I would like to correct the author by fixing what he wrote.

Margarito (38-8, 27 KOs) has never been the same after taking a 9 round beating from Sugar Shane Mosley.

Now he's denied up and down the street he knew anything about the hand warps, but has he ever apologized for it? Even if he's a 100% innocent, he should still have apologized to the boxing community for his scandal.
        Do you make it a habit to routinely apologize for crimes you swear you've not committed?

I'm not even a Margarito fan, but get real.

Comment

over-rated Mex warrior who cheated , who knows how many times till Mosley's guys caught him...that will always follow him...took ungodly amts of punishment his past 3/4 bouts...my $$ says he'll return as I know he has no $$...not enuf 2 live on for siempre....

Comment

Well, he had will and a chin, but I won't forget that he had attempted to use dodgy wraps for a fight.

Comment

Good phucken riddance!!! Phucken scumbag!!! Nobody better give me ***** for my statements, either. Both him and Capetillo never should have stepped on a ring ever since being caught... I don't know Antonio but I do know Javier, and let me tell you, he's a scumbag. He's the type of person that will put in (sparring) another person's novist against one of his experienced fighters and tell the experienced fighter to take the novist out! He'll lie about how much his fighter weighs, how long he's been fighting, and how many fights he's had. Not a good person at all.

Comment

Roid cheats, glove loaders...sorry but it's just not cricket and they don't get a pass.

Comment

One of the most exciting fighters of his generation. Always came to give the fans a great show, fought with legendary heart, toughness, not a perfect fighter and proved to be a dirty fighter in a game that usually hides the dirt, but always gave the fans their moneys worth and fought every top welterweight from his era except for...I don't even wanna name him...

Comment

cotto got revenge finishing this bum ass cheat career good for him and dont return scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Do you make it a habit to routinely apologize for crimes you swear you've not committed?

I'm not even a Margarito fan, but get real.
                      An apology would win him sympathy from boxing fans. It would make him look like he's a victim of a shady trainer, and as such be given a redemption shot (fighting Pacquaio was not a redemption shot for Margarito, it was to give Pacquiao his belt against a plausible but defeatable opponent).

He doesn't have to apologize for having plaster in his wraps, but to apologize for the scandal. There's a thin line between the two, but there is a difference.

Again, apologizing would humanize him, make him look more humble and deserving of our support, and endure him to the public. At least that's how I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X