No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson will beat Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    There's no one better than Mayweather prime for prime. No one. Ward calls him "The master". Coming from Ward, that says something. Now Floyd is pushing 37 I'm sure all the Canelos, Chavez Jr. and other popular so so fighters will start lining up for him. But prime for prime, up until 2007, Floyd was damn near unbeatable. Ward is very much the same. Perhaps Ward's style is even more fail proof than Mayweather's albeit not as pretty or technically sound at this point. He's still learning though.
    Unbeatable!!!, are you a ****** ?

Being good is not the same as there cant be no one better.

No human is theoretically unbeatable.
    Last edited by 110110110; 09-12-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
      bla bla bla

You Sir dont know have to decipher what makes a fighter, simple as that.

If you know the intangibles of fighting you would have seen a motivated hungry Dawson giving all he had.
      In theory he could have been drained,sick,overtrained bad strategic or God knows what, what matters is what happens inside the ring.
      There was no drained,unmotivated Chad dawson, just a Dawson up against a fighter with skills soo advanced, Dawson could do nothing right.
      If it was Dawson getting TKO`d against some random fighter I would be more suspect, but that is not the case.
      Look at Wards run in the supersix, the one thing that sticks out more then anything its have he made topnotch fighters look medicore.

And talking about his clear dominance against Hopkins, when have anyone EVER beat the Executioner that convincingly?.

The truth is that Ward would have beaten Dawson just as bad at LH, and Dawson is still a top 10 pfp fighter.
      Dawson didn't dominate Hopkins, the second fight was close. Dawson under Scully doesn't even know how to throw a left-cross correctly anymore, the foot movement he used to show under previous trainers was gone. All three fights under Scully and Dawson looked like crap, that is a sign that Scully isn't training Dawson properly.

If Dawson had Steward in his corner against Hopkins, there wouldn't have been a second fight, Dawson would have won the first fight convincingly. Steward knows how Dawson should box, Scully does not.

And you say Dawson was motivated against Ward? He accepted all of Ward's demands from the pay, to the weight, basically everything. He was setting himself up for a loss, and he knew it, and everyone else knew it, the odds were 4-1 for Ward for a reason. Some were skeptical that Dawson could win because how talented he is, but he wasn't mentally prepared for Ward, nor was he physically prepared because it turned out the weight loss weakned his reflexes.
      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-12-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Good call.

What's your take on DeMarco-Molina? I'm going out on a limb, i'll say DeMarco stops Molina 45 seconds in to the first round. He'll hurt him with a well placed punch, Molina stumbles back a bit, DeMarco jumps on him, goes all Calzaghe-Manfredo on Molina, ref stops it because of too many unanswered punches.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Lol, look at this hater over here. You're just mad cause V.Webb called it exactly how it would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
          There's no one better than Mayweather prime for prime. No one. Ward calls him "The master". Coming from Ward, that says something. Now Floyd is pushing 37 I'm sure all the Canelos, Chavez Jr. and other popular so so fighters will start lining up for him. But prime for prime, up until 2007, Floyd was damn near unbeatable. Ward is very much the same. Perhaps Ward's style is even more fail proof than Mayweather's albeit not as pretty or technically sound at this point. He's still learning though.
          Floyd Mayweather isn't even 36 yet.

Comment

1: The TS picks Dawson to win in style.

2: Ward wins easy.

3: TS says Dawson is a bum.

I await him to elevate Ward to top 2 p4p.

My moron-o-meter just went off the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
              Dawson didn't dominate Hopkins, the second fight was close. Dawson under Scully doesn't even know how to throw a left-cross correctly anymore, the foot movement he used to show under previous trainers was gone. All three fights under Scully and Dawson looked like crap, that is a sign that Scully isn't training Dawson properly.

If Dawson had Steward in his corner against Hopkins, there wouldn't have been a second fight, Dawson would have won the first fight convincingly. Steward knows how Dawson should box, Scully does not.

And you say Dawson was motivated against Ward? He accepted all of Ward's demands from the pay, to the weight, basically everything. He was setting himself up for a loss, and he knew it, and everyone else knew it, the odds were 4-1 for Ward for a reason. Some were skeptical that Dawson could win because how talented he is, but he wasn't mentally prepared for Ward, nor was he physically prepared because it turned out the weight loss weakned his reflexes.
              The Hopkins/Dawson 2 fight was close?? come on now I know you are just hating on ward
              Last edited by 110110110; 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

1) Chad himself refused to use weight as an excuse. He looked good up untill Ward knocked his ass down. No excuses. Ward is the better fighter. I thought he would win a clear decision. Turns out he's even better than we thought. He made a top p4p fighter look like he had no business sharing the ring with him. Guess you know a fighter is good when people have to make excuses for great wins, though.

2) Chad clearly beat Hopkins. That fight was not all that close. I tought it was 8 rounds to 4, maybe 7-5. Still, a clear win.

3) NO ONE looks good against Hopkins. That was the biggest win of Dawson's career and he had a lot of momentum coming into this fight against Ward.

4) He had the size advantage, but failed to capitalize on it. Maybe at 175 he would manage to not get stopped, but he would still lose and lose bad. Not because he's a "bum" or not mentally strong enough. It's because Ward is a better fighter. He displayed that by easily beating Froch and Kessler. He confirmed it once again by whooping Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  The Hopkins/Dawson 2 fight was close?? come on now I know you are just hating on ward
                  It was close, I only had Dawson winning by a round. I'm not hating on Ward. But there is a reason why Ward was a 4-1 favorite. You have to question Dawson's mental state for accepting all of Ward's demands (including a very low pay), despite beating Hopkins and being the LHW champion.

If Dawson really wanted to win, Dawson could have at least get the fight at 175, demand a bigger ring, and a different referee.
                  Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-12-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I won't knock on the TS cause I thought Chad would dominate Ward. Ward is one BADmother. Step aside Floyd. SOG is the new P4P king!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X