Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson will beat Ward.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think Chad is going to win, provided he isn't drained too badly from getting to 68. He is faster than Ward and can fight just as good as Ward inisde and outside.

I'm actually very surprised Ward took this matchup.

Comment

He just might, probably not though...it will be interesting to see where the 'experts' put this line.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        He just might, probably not though...it will be interesting to see where the 'experts' put this line.

Well i can get 3 to 1 for Dawson. Seems like a very good deal to me, but then again what would i know? I had Bute to beat Froch.

Still Dawson, even though incredibly lackadasical is a tested fighter. He's beaten Tarver, Adamek, Johnson and recently Hopkins. He's also a technical well rounded fighter inside and outside, and is fast. What is there for Ward to expose/target??

3 to 1 seems very generous.

Comment

168-ward

175-dawson

Comment

battle of the p4p most boring boxers

Comment

At 175, I might agree with you. But at 168, nobody beats Andre Ward right now.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Well i can get 3 to 1 for Dawson. Seems like a very good deal to me, but then again what would i know? I had Bute to beat Froch.

Still Dawson, even though incredibly lackadasical is a tested fighter. He's beaten Tarver, Adamek, Johnson and recently Hopkins. He's also a technical well rounded fighter inside and outside, and is fast. What is there for Ward to expose/target??

3 to 1 seems very generous.
                What bookie are you using? I heard some book had Dawson at +200.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  At 175, I might agree with you. But at 168, nobody beats Andre Ward right now.
                  this^^^^^^^^

I WANT Chad to win...but I think the weight is gonna hurt him more than Ward could IMO....I like both dudes and respect their styles....Ward has the style to trouble Chad IMO...but I just think Chad is the better overall fighter....at a fair weight that would be proven, but like I said, it remains to be seen IF Chad can function as a SMW....I don't think so...Ward takes this imo

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Lesnar View Post
                    Andre Ward, although a great fighter, is up against it in this one for a few reasons.

1. Height/Reach

Dawson is the taller man, maybe even 3 inches tall when they come face to face imo. He also has a 5 1/2" reach advantage, which is going to play a factor in the nature of this fight.

2. Styles

Although Ward is doubtless the better all round fighter, the fact is he is very good at everything but doesnt excel enough in any particular area to take advantage of Dawsons weakness (which i feel is his mental weakness) he will not be able to hurt Dawson with bombs which is what Pascal did which which lead to Dawsons plans unravelling.

This fight will be fought from the outside, where Daswon is the faster, better composite puncher, with the power advantage, he probably has the better footwork too.

4. Experience.

To prepare for this fight, lets look at the past 3 main opponents for both guys

Ward:

Froch
                    Abraham
                    Bika

None of these guys have any similarities to Dawson AT ALL, horrible preparation for this fight.

Dawson:

Hopkins X2
                    Pascal

To be honest I couldn't think of much better preparation, you have a guy with speed from the outside, and then the master on the inside, both similar in size to Ward. I mean if you were picking sparring partners for a ward fight, these guys would be top of the list.

So the way I see it, Dawson will beat Ward from the outside, Ward will be having to adapt early in the fight after becoming accustomed to fighting slow bangers, while Dawson will know from the Hopkins fights exactly how to avoid getting pulled into an inside war, Ward will adjust and come on in the mid rounds, but Dawson will still be too fast, with too much range.

And If Ward's tank is low towards the end he will be in trouble against the bigger man.

Dawson will win 8 rounds to 4 or close to that margin.

Thoughts?????
                    Cool. Didn't bother scrolling down on my phone. Back at the desk. Gotta disagree with your assertion that Dawson probably has the better footwork. Andre Ward's footwork is purely exceptional, and vastly better than Chad Dawson's. Footwork is the key to this fight. I'm edging Ward just on that alone.

Comment

If he can get to that weight class.

Comment

Working...
                      X