Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Johnny Tapia Found Dead in His Albuquerque Home

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. R.I.P. champ. Now I gotta get some corona's and watch the wars with Paulie Ayala on youtube again. R.I.P. champ.

Comment

I remember his days with Romero. Damn, that felt just like yesterday.

I was in the 7th grade I believe.

Comment

We have a photo together at MGM Grand Pacquiao v Mosley fight. RIP champ..

Comment

dag man Johnny Tapia was a warrior, this is a huge loss to Boxing. I will always remember him yo I'm in shock, Rest In Peace to a great fighter and an awesome guy in Johnny Tapia, he will definitely be missed amongst all of us fans that he fought so hard for

Comment

I love Johnny Tapia, he was one of my favorite fighters, been watching him since the late 80's on Tuesday Night Fights, I am very sorry for his family's loss.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              He was one of my favorites at the time. This news came as no surprise at all. It was a matter of when, not if. Nothing in life seem to elevate him above his depression.
              Fighting did.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                BoxingScene.com has been advised by an Albuquerque Police official, that former champion Johnny Tapia, 45-years-old, was found dead inside his Albuquerque home.

[Click Here To Read More]
                smh...dam!!!...sad news...RIP champ!!

Comment

Wow, I was just watching his fight with Paulie Ayala on youtube yesterday. Sad but it doesn't surprise me. He was abusing drugs and alcohol really bad.

Comment

Tapia Was An All Time Warrior! He Came To Fight Every Night!

Tapia just fought demons his whole life. Always loved this guy, he always tried hard in life, loved his family, always gracious and humble after every fight. Sad life story for all he had to witness and endure in his life. He will never be forgotten.

Comment

He was able to cheat death for a long time. May he rest in peace.

An unlikely champion who came from nothing and made something of himself, unfortunately his problems caught up to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X