Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Places $1,000 Bounty on Amir Khan's Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, people get put to sleep with 16 oz gloves all the time. And that headgear doesn't help much, only really helps in avoiding cuts. Sure, you take less punishment sparring, and generally people don't go 100% unless they are training for a fight soon, like in this case. But if you don't think it hurts to get popped with a stiff jab, or a check hook in a sparring session, think again.

Still this is a non-story.

Comment

Originally posted by voneric View Post
      I have only seen one person dropped in Sparring in all the Years i have been to the Gym. Mind you i gave up Boxing almost Ten Years ago, but is not as common as many on here are claiming. The Headgear helps so much and takes away so much of the Impact that it is really hard for that to happen. Then Factor in that the Trainers in charge of the Sparring usually try to keep gym wars to a minimum and do not want sparring to be anything more than Practice. Maybe all these hardcore sparring warriors are all from Philly but it seems like the Fans of Khan are making it to be more than it is.
      What a liar

Comment

Roach?Call Maidana he almost put Khan to sleep ..he thinks his fighters are out this World ?Suckeeerrr...July 14 they going to you shut up ...great fight for boxings fans

Comment

You guys who are saying 16 oz are pillows have never stepped inside of a boxing ring. Why talk about something you don't know? stupid hoes

Comment

Hey man sorry for not sparring where you go but what trainers would let fighters get knocked out cold in Sparring? And these guys are making it seem that guys with one punch KO power is in every gym in the world. You got to be kidding me. Knockout Power is hard to come by in boxing, and is not that Common. Every gym i have been to usually has the Trainer yelling stop if a fighter is in trouble, but apparently you guys all spar on a world class level. So Good luck in your next World title Sparring match in whatever made up gym you belong to.

Comment

ridiculous bluff.... Ill beat that kid up for half that.And the fact that he has no chin would make anyone brave even internet warriors like myself,, even if i lost aint no shame in losin to Khan...being an internet warrior and all.. heh heh

Comment

Lol, i'll have a crak at him even with some 16's and headgear with no strap.

Comment

If Roach actually put a $1000 dollars on Khans head it might KO him if it fell and hit his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Trainer Freddie Roach has placed a bounty of $1,000 on the head of junior welterweight Amir Khan. The British boxer is being trained by Roach for a clash with unbeaten WBC champion Danny Garcia on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. If any of Khan's sparring partners at the Wild Card gym in California are able to knock him down, Roach will reward them with a $1,000 bonus. In the past, Roach has offered the same bonus to the sparring partners of Manny Pacquiao.

[Click Here To Read More]
                    Roach put bread on his head ...dam!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                      Bounty programs in Boxing that is crossing the line... Kill the head!!!!!!
                      Lol

$1000 for his head, how much to take out that ACL?

Comment

Working...
                      X