No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Freddie Roach Places $1,000 Bounty on Amir Khan's Head

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Trainer Freddie Roach has placed a bounty of $1,000 on the head of junior welterweight Amir Khan. The British boxer is being trained by Roach for a clash with unbeaten WBC champion Danny Garcia on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. If any of Khan's sparring partners at the Wild Card gym in California are able to knock him down, Roach will reward them with a $1,000 bonus. In the past, Roach has offered the same bonus to the sparring partners of Manny Pacquiao.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Slowing down are we PUMP? Roach always does this for Manny too, how is this news? It's not even impressive, not even for Manny. Neither are notorious for rock chins or anything. Especially Amir Khan Prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
      Hard to knock someone down with 16oz gloves on..
      Says you.. hundreds ov fighters get dropped in sparring. 16oz gloves, headguards. Go to your local gym and see for yourself.

Comment

smart move by freddie tbh

i bet people go easier in sparring because it's just that...sparring but with this prize his opponents will go all out

Comment

A report has surfaced that Roger Goodell is looking into Roach's remarks in relation to the bounty program and could ban him from working Pac's corner for the Bradley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishkie View Post
            Says you.. hundreds ov fighters get dropped in sparring. 16oz gloves, headguards. Go to your local gym and see for yourself.
            Thanks bro!!! He's never been to a boxing gym in his life hence that dumb comment!!! Dudes get knocked out in sparring daily!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
              kinda stupid, considering they use headgear and pillows in sparring. khan's chin problems start to show in an actual fight when hit clean...
              Pillows? Come on bro, you sound ridiculous!!! I don't know what kinda sparring goes on in Slovenia, but in the states, jokers get put to sleep in sparring sessions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishkie View Post
                Exactly man, only a guy who's never been to a boxing gym would say something so foolish.

Comment

I have only seen one person dropped in Sparring in all the Years i have been to the Gym. Mind you i gave up Boxing almost Ten Years ago, but is not as common as many on here are claiming. The Headgear helps so much and takes away so much of the Impact that it is really hard for that to happen. Then Factor in that the Trainers in charge of the Sparring usually try to keep gym wars to a minimum and do not want sparring to be anything more than Practice. Maybe all these hardcore sparring warriors are all from Philly but it seems like the Fans of Khan are making it to be more than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Paccgod
                    because their fighter is gonna end up dumb like you after so many punches..

Comment

keeps them on their toes

Comment

Working...
                      X