No announcement yet.

Im sorry Old school fighters are not automatically the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I don't think Larry has a problem with -people saying older fighters are better. I just think "because they are older" or "ATG" isn't a sufficient answer. The people that post a 5 min video of a fighter who may have 1,000 in ring minutes don't reaLLY ANSWER IT EITHER.

If you go with the older guy, at leats make a rational argument.
    I'll ask you the same thing I asked Larry.

Please quote someone who has said those words as to why fighter A would beat fighter B.

Comment

Watch a Max Baer fight.

Rarely have I seen someone absorbing so much punishment and smile about it.

Comment

''Robinson was at his best at welterweight....Unfortunately, there is very little footage of him at welterweight.''

What a coincidence so what are we basing his greatness on then? Hearsay? Two or three videos of him facing guys with 30+ losses?

What semi decent fighter wouldn't look great against a punchbag that just walks forward hunched over offering no resistance like LaMotta?
        If he was around today he'd be making guys like Ronald Hearns look as good as his father.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
          Good god smh. Why do you keep mentioning all fighters that have thought Mayweather?
          cause this is my thread

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            they fought every week caus ethey were hurting for money and getting ripped off by the Mob save me your sob stories son.if they made 100k-a milli a fight they'd fight less just like fighters do now.but no they wee fighting for milk money back then
            Wow, that must be a long list right?

List these fighters who were ran by The Mob.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              Watch a Max Baer fight.

Rarely have I seen someone absorbing so much punishment and smile about it.
              Margarito disagees

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                cause this is my thread
                You are a grown man you need to leave of the Mayweather love it is really sad.

Comment

This is a weird defense mechanism you have Larry.
                  You are sincere in saying something dumb (like Pac/Floyd would be the best in any era) and it backlashes. Instead of just admitting to ignorance or clarify your stance you start obsessively trolling just so that people will think you were not serious to begin with.

Yes. We see you're being funny now.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    ''Robinson was at his best at welterweight....Unfortunately, there is very little footage of him at welterweight.''

What a coincidence so what are we basing his greatness on then? Hearsay? Two or three videos of him facing guys with 30+ losses?

What semi decent fighter wouldn't look great against a punchbag that just walks forward hunched over offering no resistance like LaMotta?
                    If he was around today he'd be making guys like Ronald Hearns look as good as his father.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

exactly...where is the footage of his "greatness"at ww ive seen like 5 fights there and Tommy Hearns would leave his ass on a stretcher

Comment

Working...
                      X