No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Leans on Gesta, Not Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Leans on Gesta, Not Erik Morales

WBO interim-junior welterweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39KOs) seems to have a choice. In his mind, the most suitable opponnent to fight on July 14th in undefeated lightweight Mercito Gesta (25-0-1, 13KOs), and not former four division king Erik Morales. Marquez is targeting a fall showdown with Manny Pacquiao, should he beat Timothy Bradley on June 9th. Marquez wants a southpaw opponent to prepare himself for a potential fourth Pacquaio clash.

[Click Here To Read More]

Marquez exacting some revenge on Morales for Erik ignoring him in the past, methinks

Comment

If Marquez wants a fast southpaw Zab is the best available option. I do think with Marquez's fights against Pac and Floyd he should be able to take whatever fights he wants at this point of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by ONEBOX
        i dont believe this, its not like marquez is the cash cow right now so its not like erik is trying to kiss up to get a fight but marquez is blowing him off on purpose, at this stage marquez is worth just about the same as erik. i think marquez is avoiding this fight for a reason and i dont get it because i favor marquez to win.
        Marquez has a lot more value coming off that last Pac fight than Morales has right now.To think Marquez is avoiding this version of Morales doesnt make any sense imo.

Comment

Marquez is my dude but if he passes on Morales for Gesta then he's losing a little respect here. I understand his reasoning w/ the whole fast southpaw thing but come on! Marquez/Morales is huge money and most boxing fans want to see it. Gesta is barely known and gets him a fraction of the payday he gets against a big name like Morales. This should be a no-brainer for Dinamita!

Comment

I like a jmm v gesta fight. Better than gesta getting marquez when he is way past his prime (as can happen).

I give gesta a chance at an upset.

Comment

Originally posted by ONEBOX
              i dont believe this, its not like marquez is the cash cow right now so its not like erik is trying to kiss up to get a fight but marquez is blowing him off on purpose, at this stage marquez is worth just about the same as erik. i think marquez is avoiding this fight for a reason and i dont get it because i favor marquez to win.
              Not saying he's afraid, or that it's about money even. Just that Marquez might want to make him beg, even if Morales isn't doing so just yet; I think Marquez might want to be the one in that position. No evidence, just a feeling. Either fight's fine with me.

Comment

What a *****.

Oh yea, he fought Floyd and Manny so he can fight whoever he wants. Even tho he just fought a bum ass Fedchenko and now wants a noobie Gesta.

Comment

as much it is good seeing a fellow pinoy getting their crack on the big stage, imho it is morales that he should fight, it will have more money, more prestige and to close the circle of 4 great FWs (pac-jmm-em-mab)

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                    Marquez is my dude but if he passes on Morales for Gesta then he's losing a little respect here. I understand his reasoning w/ the whole fast southpaw thing but come on! Marquez/Morales is huge money and most boxing fans want to see it. Gesta is barely known and gets him a fraction of the payday he gets against a big name like Morales. This should be a no-brainer for Dinamita!
                    Lose respect? Do you really think that Morales at this stage really poses a threat to JMM? Who wants to see this fight for anything other than name?

Morales looked bad in his last fight vs Garcia, I would have loved to see this fight 6 years ago but not now.

Comment

Working...
                    X