Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Leans on Gesta, Not Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gesta is virtually unknown except for boxing fans. i understand his reasoning fighting a southpaw, but c'mon he's not getting any younger and pac-jmm4 isn't set in stone and he should try to be getting big money fights he deserves.

and jmm will never never clearly win against pac, unless he takes more risks and not just sit back on his counters.

Comment

Honestly, I think Marquez-Morales would be more competitive because of Morales' experience and Morales would not be fighting against a guy much faster than himself. Marquez would just take Gesta apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
        I'm a lil aggravated at the career path of JMM. In his last 3 fights he's fought 2 nobodies and Pac in between. We boxing fans pick apart the choices that everyone else makes but this dude gets to fight bums???? Mayweather has to fight Pac or Martinez. Manny has to fight Floyd and no one else. Martinez has to fight a HW. Canelo needs to finally fight a real LMW. Ward needs to fight Bute or Dawson. Klitz bros needs to fight someone with a pulse. Donaire needs to fight someone his size. Khan needs to fight his tears. Lamont needs to fight the doctor that gave him the pellets....

But JMM can do this dumb chit and its ok? Fudge that!! Fight Judah or STFU. Its the perfect fight for him (fast lefty) if he's looking to get robbed against Pac again. You will never KO Manny and NEVER EVER get a UD wether you deserve it or not. Stop being a frickin stalker for dammit's sake....
        Uhhh your argument doesnt make much sense some of the "bums" your referring to that JMM has fought have actually done better against JMM than Pacman did! and thats the truth. That said your talking about an ideal boxing utopia reality that will never exist, Nobody has fought as many bums in the last few years as Manny has EVERY fighter fights bums, either on the way up on the way out or in between.Mayweather isnt ever going to fight a manny, or martinez or even a dangerous kid like canelo the guy is a straight up chicken. hes proven that in the majority of his career in his opponent selection.....and manny actually has been forced to fight someone good like bradley after the pathetic failed rematch attemp with cotto. JMM wouldve fought Bradley,JMM Is almost 40 he just beat manny If anyone deserves an easy touch its that guy.And I wouldnt even call Gesta an easy touch or a bum by any stretch of the imagination......Young and untested yeah but a bum??? hell naw thats actually a dangerous fight for JMM

Comment

i don't get why marquez has to fight a lefty. he's fought pacquiao 3 times already. he knows how to fight him.

and i don't see how this fight is gonna be big enough for cowboys stadium.

Comment

Re. Boxingfan76

I agree! Gesta is a dangerous fight for JMM, lot more competitive than Morales. I have bad feeling Gesta might pull the upset if the fight gets made.

Comment

You people should be grateful he's picking any one in the list.

On his own, outside of Pac, he will pick another bum for his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                Marquez is my dude but if he passes on Morales for Gesta then he's losing a little respect here. I understand his reasoning w/ the whole fast southpaw thing but come on! Marquez/Morales is huge money and most boxing fans want to see it. Gesta is barely known and gets him a fraction of the payday he gets against a big name like Morales. This should be a no-brainer for Dinamita!
                He wants a chance to beat up on an Philipino obviously. Take out some Pac frustrations on a green fighter. Also Gesta is pretty decent, so it might ultimately say more. With that said, I would prefer the Morales matchup. Morales has the heart to dig deep and find a way to make this more interesting than the matchup on paper would suggest imo.

Comment

retire marquez

u are fighting nobodies.....the two he wont fight should fight each other eric morales vs zab judah

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    How are people fooling themselves into believing the Gesta fight could be competitive? The kid started boxing at the age of 20 or so and his D sucks...
                    Mercito won his first professional career at the age of 15. Gesta began his professional career on October 19, 2003, with a unanimous decision win over Edwin Picardal.

Comment

No matter what you think about Morales being washed up and all, this is a now or never fight. I don't think Morales would win, but fans would at least be given an idea how it would look like. These are two veterans of the sport. Seeing them in the ring together should be reason enough for celebration.

Unfortunately, Marquez, I would assume, wants unreasonable amounts of money for this fight. He's the one blocking this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X