Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Not Intimidated: Paul Williams Talks Going Well

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta bad feeling about this..................

Williams takes it.

Comment

• gotta give that boy credit. he's hungry to be great. williams sure as **** presents a physical challenge.

Comment

• Man, what's up with people flip flopping all over the place? I thought general consensus was Williams was shot, got knocked halfway to hell by Martinez and then got a gift decision after getting humiliated by Lara.

But now all of a sudden he is a threat and a real challenge?

I'm not saying this is or isn't a good fight, but I'd sure as hell like some consistency out of the posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
          Man, what's up with people flip flopping all over the place? I thought general consensus was Williams was shot, got knocked halfway to hell by Martinez and then got a gift decision after getting humiliated by Lara.

But now all of a sudden he is a threat and a real challenge?

I'm not saying this is or isn't a good fight, but I'd sure as hell like some consistency out of the posters.
          Williams is past his prime. He also just won his last fight by sheer domination. His style, length, and stamina will cause Canelo problems.

Styles make fights so what happened against two crafty lefties has no bearing fighting Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Very good fight. Make it happen. I ever so slightly favor Canelo. PW a nice step up from Shane.
            Lol anyone is a step up from Shane...Paul Williams is a decent opponent...I would rather have seen Kirkland vs canelo though.

Comment

• gotta give Canelo credit, williams is a tough match up. he could have easily fought someone like vanes and no one would really complain.

just don't overlook Williams. he sucks ass against southpaws but everyone else he's still a force. Canelo typically doesn't have a high workrate while Williams obviously does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                Williams is past his prime. He also just won his last fight by sheer domination. His style, length, and stamina will cause Canelo problems.

Styles make fights so what happened against two crafty lefties has no bearing fighting Alvarez.
                Yep styles make fights, and Canelo does some things that are not good when fighting against PW. He does not show a lot of lateral movement and will stand right in front of you. He has long periods of inactivity in each round, and he's not an elite counter puncher. If you move around and get PW off balance he'll run right into counter punches, but that's not Canelo's style. PW is a fatally flawed fighter against the right type of fighter, but I don't think Canelo has the ability to implement the game plans that worked for Lara, Martinez, and Quintana.

Comment

• Williams better make the best out of this if he gets the opportunity, could be his last show with the big boys. Seems like a good match up to me, not the best, but will definatley be entertaining considering both their styles.

Comment

• really a ballsy move by the kid...

Comment

• This would have been a great fight. Motorcycles are death traps.

Comment

Working...
                      X