Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Foreman wouldn`t be called Big George in Vitali era, that is for sure.
    Would he KO Vitaly though?

Comment

• Vitali would have put a hellacious beating on him

George liked to come forward and be the bully

Vitali had the better footspeed and was an expert at using his full length to make it very difficult to get close. Inside he's got 40lbs on a prime "Big George" so even when Foreman gets past Vitali jab (which he will be eating flush all night) Vitali won't find it difficult to tie him up and bully the bully.

Foreman was ****ing slow and plodding, he had big power of course but realistically I don't see a huge power gap between him and Lennox Lewis and Foreman isn't going to land anywhere near as much as Lewis but he will eat just as many punches as Lewis did if not more.

Theres a reason you don't see fighters like "big" George these days and it's because they don't go very far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
        Vitali would have put a hellacious beating on him

Vitali had the better footspeed and was an expert at using his full length to make it very difficult to get close. Inside he's got 40lbs on a prime "Big George" so even when Foreman gets past Vitali jab (which he will be eating flush all night) Vitali won't find it difficult to tie him up and bully the bully.

Foreman was ****ing slow and plodding, he had big power of course but realistically I don't see a huge power gap between him and Lennox Lewis and Foreman isn't going to land anywhere near as much as Lewis but he will eat just as many punches as Lewis did if not more.

Theres a reason you don't see fighters like "big" George these days and it's because they don't go very far.
        You do realize that Lewis was completely unprepared and out of shape against Vitali right? Lewis still broke his face and that was Lennox's last fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post

You do realize that Lewis was completely unprepared and out of shape against Vitali right? Lewis still broke his face and that was Lennox's last fight.

Lewis was 6'5, 250 lbs

George was 6'3, 220 lbs
          HandsofIron HandsofIron likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
            Vitali would have put a hellacious beating on him

Nah, the reason you don't see guys like Foreman around these days is because:

1-The trainers who developed his early style are gone and didn't pass it down. Foreman learned a lot of very old school grappling techniques that were already almost extinct when he learned it in the 60s. The technique is lost in time and it would probably not hold up with today's refs as they would warn a guy for pushing and man handling.

2-Even if it was around today, you need a guy with a certain set of attributes and crazy genetics to make it as successful. Foreman had God given heavy hands, grappling strength, chin/durability and an innate meanness/heart warrior spirit. Those are things you can't just develop even by training hard. It has be something you're born with.

Hard to find a kid like that now. You know who has those attributes? Francis Ngannou, but it's too late for him to fully develop his boxing.
            Last edited by BKM-; 01-21-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Lewis was 6'5, 250 lbs

George was 6'3, 220 lbs
              George was 6'4(That's what he was listed in his entire second career and he clearly looked slightly taller than the legit 6'3 Muhammad Ali) and a very lean, in shape 225. He was in the 250s when he filled out in his late 30s.

Not a big difference to your stats, but still.

Also George had a 79inch reach compared to Vitali's 80, Wlad's 81, Lennox' 84, Fury's 85.

And with his natural strength and grappling skills he would not have an issue on the inside against these guys, I'm telling you. Fury is the biggest of all can he got outgrappled by Ngannou the entire fight.
              Last edited by BKM-; 01-21-2024, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post

George was 6'4(That's what he was listed in his entire second career and he clearly looked slightly taller than the legit 6'3 Muhammad Ali) and a very lean, in shape 225. He was in the 250s when he filled out in his late 30s.

Not a big difference to your stats, but still.

Also George had a 79inch reach compared to Vitali's 80, Wlad's 81, Lennox' 84, Fury's 85.

And with his natural strength and grappling skills he would not have an issue on the inside against these guys, I'm telling you. Fury is the biggest of all can he got outgrappled by Ngannou the entire fight.

incorrect

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/90

Comment

• Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  And during his entire second career he was measured and listed as 6'4. So which one is incorrect? I'm gonna say 6'4 is correct. He is clearly taller than Ali:

gf vs ali.jpg
                  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0ckRgYBGtEhsmWhFS_-yb6HMhW6MJRAhhJxH-UEWLXE4RRPRUZSL2BhekDKg4kWsA-7I&usqp=CAU.jpg

I rest my case. Not gonna debate any further about 1 inch of height.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post

And during his entire second career he was measured and listed as 6'4. So which one is incorrect? I'm gonna say 6'4 is correct. He is clearly taller than Ali:

gf vs ali.jpg
                    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0ckRgYBGtEhsmWhFS_-yb6HMhW6MJRAhhJxH-UEWLXE4RRPRUZSL2BhekDKg4kWsA-7I&usqp=CAU.jpg

I rest my case. Not gonna debate any further about 1 inch of height.
                    ya Ali was 6'2 at best

Comment

• The necromancy is strong here.

Yeah but only a TKO because Slav skin is like tissue paper.

Comment

Working...
                      X