Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Lack of talent in the division is not the problem, it's the fact that the Klitschko's make the talent seem pitiful.

Example: Deyontay Wilder won a bronze medal in the olympics, is a 4+ year unbeaten pro now and ten years Wlad's junior and would get absolutely obliterated by him if they were to fight.

That's the reality of the situation. The Klitschko's make the division seem weaker than it is. They have beaten all the American contenders basically, at least the ones who got the opportunity to face them.
    So if we remove Wlad/Vitali, this era of Heavyweights are pretty decent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken Cat View Post
      That comment is so ****** as to not even warrant a response.
      Let's see, they're two big black American guys who had Olympic success despite having limited experience who then fought long lists of cans before stepping up as pros. You don't know s hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Do you think you are?
        Without a doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Wilder is a bronze medalist. that means squat. he's also a bum. Tony thompson, aerreola, and bryant jennings are all better than him and they are not great. Povetkin was a gold medalist-he isn't much better.

The fact is the division is at one of its weakest points in history. Haye and ADamek have been the 2 most worthy challengers in recent years and they are blown up crusierweights.

Wlad is a 1st ballot hof'er no doubt. Vitali doesn't deserve HOF IMO but he will get in. That doesn't make their challenegrs any better than they are-putrid.
          I stopped reading here at the bolded part. I can see it's useless when even the last medal the US has won in the world ****ing olympics is meaningless when it pertains to trying to discredit the Klitschko's.

Comment

Haha,

Yes, I'll draw my conclusions on the fact that Foreman fought Frazier, Norton, Ali, Roman, Holyfield, Morrison, Moorer, undefeated Briggs

whereas Vitali fought Hide, Mahone, Sullivan, Sanders, Williams, Peter, Fat old Briggs, Charr, Gomez, Sosnowski, Kevin johnson....

I think the conclusion is pretty easily made.
            4 losses to those guys too

And Vitali would beat anyone on that list too with the exception of Ali on cuts
            Last edited by Boxing Goat; 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken Cat View Post
              Wilder is a pretty poor example. He's more an example of the lack of talent. He had only boxed 2 years when he won his medal meaning he is only on his 7th year of boxing period. The last American super heavyweight Olympian was a football player with little boxing experience. These are just large and athletic guys who can make it in the week division of today. They are not great boxers at all. Wilder will lose when he fights someone with reasonable boxing skill. These guys can't compare with the guys of Ali's era, it is obvious. Boxing use to be a mainstream sport and now it's not. You don't have kids picking up boxing at their local YMCA any more (like Holyfield for instance, the last great American heavyweight).
              See Bolded: I give up on you. The Klitschko's are 22-2 and 15-2 in title fights. That's a combined record of 37-4 in title fights alone.

Vitali came back after 4 years off and destroyed the #1 heavyweight challenger in his 1st fight back to regain his title. This had never been done before. Not even by Ali.

Wlad is in his second title reign, is 14-0 mostly by KO and is 37 years old. Ali was almost a ****** by then.

How that's not a description of great boxers, I don't know what is.
              Last edited by Boxing Goat; 10-29-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marcov View Post
                Foreman would have been 17-0 if he got fight guys like Chambers, Mormeck, Austin and Brewster.

Start a poll Wlad against a prime Foreman.
                What about the other quality fighters Vitali and Wlad have faced. Why not mention them?

Comment

• Slow ass no defense Foreman would get knocked out.

Comment

Yes I'm so uneducated about the sweet science. So he didn't throw straight punches? Have you seen any of Foreman's fights at all? Take a look at the Norton fight - Foreman, in the first alone, threw piston jabs, left uppercuts, straight rights and left and right hooks. He blocked punches and leaned back similar to Ali. Admittedly a bit of a cardinal sin in boxing, but it worked for him.

Now compare that to the Klitschko's jab-straight right. No bodyshots, no hooks, no uppercuts.

Neither Ali or Lyle made him look like a pinata as you call it. Both were equal fights up until both stoppages.
                    You are thinking of the punch variety of Wladimir only. Vitali throws everything and just so you know, when a bigger man leans down to throw body shots it greatly opens him up to be off balance and increases their opponents chance of success. The Klitschko's are smart and know that.

Comment

No he wasn't.

Lol, it's not hard to shut down opponents when you are facing albert sosnowski is it? Still took his time.

Foreman beat ATGs in a couple of rounds. In comparison, Vitali lost and struggled with an out of shape Lennox Lewis.
                      Lennox was twice the fighter George was and anyone he beat. He also accomplished more.

Comment

Working...
                      X