Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    So you did get my meaning in the post then? Good.
    I read it as the fact that you're a hating douche, I didn't try and read the rest of the ebonics or whatever that was.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      So if we remove Wlad/Vitali, this era of Heavyweights are pretty decent?
      Sure it would, the fighters would be more evenly matched and the fighters would have a chance to establish themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
        Add Lewis to the list of people who would own Foreman.

Also, Foreman didn't beat ATG's in plural. I know of one, single, ATG he beat who happened to also be severely undersized. And I know of one ATG and another so-so fighter who humiliated him in the 70s.
        Norton and Frazier are both ATG heavies.

Are you suggesting that Vitali's resume is better than Foremans?

Comment

• H2H, Foreman would be in deep water against Vitali.

Foreman has punching power, but is limited skill wise. Vitali is a matador, a black belt with a lot more finesse to his game than people mostly see. He's a technical (yes, highly technical) fighter, however awkward he looks in the ring.

The rope a dope Ali does, Vitali can do in the middle of the ring; he will dominate a clumsy plodding Foreman with his jab, distance, and movement. It would be quite a boxing lesson seeing this match up.
          Last edited by Weltschmerz; 10-29-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Norton and Frazier are both ATG heavies.

Are you suggesting that Vitali's resume is better than Foremans?

hard to imagine any sane person thinking vitali's resume is as good or better than foreman's. its not even close

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              4 losses to those guys too

And Vitali would beat anyone on that list too with the exception of Ali on cuts
              Maybe he would.

But he didn't, so your argument is redudant.

It doesn't matter if he lost some of those fights. He fought at a top top level and came up short in his 40s. So what.

Vitali came up short vs Chris Byrd ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                hard to imagine any sane person thinking vitali's resume is as good or better than foreman's. its not even close
                It's not even close to being close.

But it seems like some of these people think that Vitali > Foreman based on him being 15-2 in title fights.

Comment

• Prime George really wasn't much other than a big strong guy with a punch, seriously watch some of those old fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                    H2H, Foreman would be in deep water against Vitali.

Foreman has punching power, but is limited skill wise. Vitali is a matador, a black belt with a lot more finesse to his game than people mostly see. He's a technical (yes, highly technical) fighter, however awkward he looks in the ring.

The rope a dope Ali does, Vitali can do in the middle of the ring; he will dominate a clumsy plodding Foreman with his jab, distance, and movement. It would be quite a boxing lesson seeing this match up.
                    Vitali is awkward yes, but he's slow. Slower than Foreman. He's more robotic and is less powerful, albeit of course still powerful.

Foreman throws a wider variety of punches, so I can't really understand why you'd say he's limited skillwise. I'd like to get a further explanation of that please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Prime George really wasn't much other than a big strong guy with a punch, seriously watch some of those old fights.
                      lol what would that make Vitali?

Comment

Working...
                      X