Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: Pacquiao Has To Knock Me Out To Get 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Errr...he doesnt.
    If they want the fight to be made he will, and it would is the fair thing to do, since Floyd is the top earner.

Comment

If Bradley gets KTFO, Mayweather would likely retire for good. That's what I think. The issue is not about drug testing, purse split, etc. It's about fear. Fear of losing. Hehe... Who are we kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        If they want the fight to be made he will, and it would is the fair thing to do, since Floyd is the top earner.
        No it wouldnt. Manny wont fight for less than half as he has already stated recently, he doesnt have to do ****. Both fighters know the score, and the fans(neutral ones, not bumsniffs, fanboys or floydiots) think its fair.

Comment

I don't think a KO of Bradley will get Floyd in the ring for 50-50. Because it's not about performances, is about what can Pacquiao do with Bradley in the PPV department, gate revenue, and if Arum is involved or not. Pacquiao can get a 1st round TKO, if the PPV sells something like 700k-1mill, he's not getting 50-50. The fight has to do 1.3-1.5 Mill and Pacquiao has to leave Bob Arum, in order for the fight to happen. That's the sad truth.

Every fight that we wanted Floyd in, happened when Arum was no longer in the picture. Mayweather-DLH, Arum publicly did not let the fight happen, this is a known fact, Arum didn't want to do business with DLH. Mayweather-Mosley, Arum didn't try to make this fight when Floyd wanted it in 2005. Mayweather-Cotto, Arum didn't push to make this fight when he had both fighters, the fight was never really pushed for by neither fighter until Cotto left Top Rank.

Obviously, if you go by my post, you would see that Mayweather is willing to fight these guys that the fans want him to fight, as long as they're not in Top Rank. We can argue about this all day, but the fact is these fights happened when Arum was not part of the promotion. I'm not blaming any one of Pacquiao, Mayweather, Haymon, Roach. I'm blaming Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            No it wouldnt. Manny wont fight for less than half as he has already stated recently, he doesnt have to do ****. Both fighters know the score, and the fans(neutral ones, not bumsniffs, fanboys or floydiots) think its fair.
            Fights between two top fighters are never split 50/50. There is always a fighter who takes a lesser amount, and it's usually the one with less earnings.

I'm not sure if there has been a fight that has been 50/50 cut in the modern era.

Comment

I think Pac-Bradley doing good PPV numbers will have a lot more to do with Pac being able to negotiate 50/50 than a KO or anything else. Bradley is legit, more legit than Cotto for that matter. That said, Mayweather doing bigger PPV numbers with Cotto now means he's done bigger numbers with 4 of the 5 common opponents he and Pac have faced. And as Ariza recently tweeted, Mayweather's numbers kinda point to Pac probably not being deserving of a 50/50 split. And just for the record, the numbers also point to Mayweather not being deserving of 100% of the PPV revenue. Mayweather-Ortiz did 1.25M PPV buys. I think if Pac does similar numbers to that with Bradley, who like Ortiz is a relative unknown to casual fans, Pac will have more ammo for his 50/50 or nothing claim.

Comment

If Pacman knocks out bradley FLOYD WILL FAKE HIS DEATH

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  Fights between two top fighters are never split 50/50. There is always a fighter who takes a lesser amount, and it's usually the one with less earnings.

I'm not sure if there has been a fight that has been 50/50 cut in the modern era.
                  There has not been a fight with so much backward and forward bull**** in the modern era.

(and there still hasnt been a fight)

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    didn't "attempt" jack shit
                    don't punk out Wess, you getting angry now?
                    your boy bluffed, and it was literally called, on the damn phone
                    he used testing as an excuse to duck the fight
                    if Floyd mans up, Pac told him straight up, he's game for it
                    he'll do Floyd's test when Floyd grows balls and fights him
                    Bluffed? How many times has Floyd taken the test? Now how many times has Pac?

You stuck bro... you stuck.....

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      I think Pac-Bradley doing good PPV numbers will have a lot more to do with Pac being able to negotiate 50/50 than a KO or anything else. Bradley is legit, more legit than Cotto for that matter. That said, Mayweather doing bigger PPV numbers with Cotto now means he's done bigger numbers with 4 of the 5 common opponents he and Pac have faced. And as Ariza recently tweeted, Mayweather's numbers kinda point to Pac probably not being deserving of a 50/50 split. And just for the record, the numbers also point to Mayweather not being deserving of 100% of the PPV revenue. Mayweather-Ortiz did 1.25M PPV buys. I think if Pac does similar numbers to that with Bradley, who like Ortiz is a relative unknown to casual fans, Pac will have more ammo for his 50/50 or nothing claim.
                      Comparing Ortiz and Bradley is a good start, because neither were on HBO PPV main event prior to their fights with Mayweather and Pacquiao. But I think they're gonna look at the overall PPV and gate revenue in the last couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X