No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley: Pacquiao Has To Knock Me Out To Get 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
    I am so tired of hearing about if Pac is the "same fighter". When will people realize he IS the same fighter he has always been? The selection of his opponents, combined with catchweights and fighting guys that are coming off brutal KO's, are what has fooled people over the last 2-3 years. The Pac that fought JMM in 2008, is the same one that fought him in 2011. It is all about matchmaking and styles. Anytime you put Pac in the ring with a quicker, sharp skilled boxer who has some defense and counterpunching ability, Pac looks like ****, period. Arum has really brainwashed millions of fans with this crap.
    that's why i don't understand why floyd is so scared to fight an overrated fighter like you describe here. you have any idea why?

Comment

• Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
      since the original deal, all we've had is Would Ya Takes.....Nonsense by FRAUD!!!

Should He Hattonizes BRAD, There's No way, Boy's Bag of AVOIDANCE MOVES,
      won't find a new way to, PUNK OUT!!!
      Funny Thing, but if Pac looks too good, el BOY, goes into Self Preservation Mode.....

FRAUD already knows he can't deal, with Pac's POWER and SPEED; so Why should
      he take an A$$ Whippin, and don't forget the Precious 0, must be Protected!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        How true. MannyP is the best known and most admired boxer around the world, in fact probably the most admired sporting figure. He doen't need to do anything "special" and whether he knocks Bradley out or not is not material. Since Bradley has never been beaten, whilst a majority expects him to lose, they probably don't expect a KO. I don't... although, since it's boxing, it's possible.
        I expect Bradley to make it a good Fight,
        but Counting Pac's $$$, is not using his "GREY MATTER"!

Comment

• Originally posted by TehRedRanger
          What trip is this guy on?

Mayweather ranks waaaaay above Pacquiao on Forbes, the only one to reach $65 mill to secure the #2 highest payed athlete behind Tiger woods. Kobe is now there but secures it with $53 mill. Pacquiaos highest number in Highest paid athlete has been #24.

#24 highest paid athlete with $25 mill... not even half of Mayweathers.
          Pac makes more money annually than Floyd for the last 4 years.. And if you want to go back to 2003, Pac has a case too.. Pac had more PPV's than Floyd, and their PPV buys are not that much apart from each except the DLH fight, wherein Floyd didnt get the lion share of the profits..
          Last edited by mikemurni; 05-15-2012, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            Manny ducked this Cotto you realize that dont you ? this Cotto blows away the 145 version you realize that dont you ?

You need to watch more unbiased boxing if you think Cotto won more than 4 rounds .

Do you know what a CW is and the dynamics of how it effects a fighter , do you understand a CW is the equivalent of a handicap .

It appears to me your a newbie to pro boxing .
            Pac's a LW, Fighting and Kicking Ass, at WW....
            Why should he mess with Cat's outside his Weight Class???

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
              Pac makes more money annually than Floyd for the last 4 years.. And if you want to go back to 2003, Pac has a case too.. Pac had more PPV's than Floyd, and their PPV buys are not that much apart from each except the DLH fight, wherein Floyd didnt get the lion share of the profits..
              mo money mo problems!

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                If Pac KO's Bradley his fans will be back foaming at the mouth for Floyd. They are still a bit tepid at the moment after JMM and it may hurt the PPV buys going into this fight...but a KO, yeah, that is worth more to the promotion of that fight than anything else Pac can do right now. It might earn him some negotiating leverage to get as close to 50/50 as possible.
                pac did more damaage to commom opponants...the only opponant floyd and flaoyd fans can brag about is the marquez comparison...but wont mention how they compared to delahoya and hatton, and now just recently cotto.

floyd fans can say well pac fought delahoya and cotto at a catchweight, but atleast both delahoya and cotto weighed in at the agreed catchweight...u cant say the same for the catchweight between marquez/mayweather...floyd ignored the catchweight and paid of the weight overage fee...talk about fair fight/even playing field...same goes with the sucka punch against ortiz...not only that, it was unsportsman like conduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Start with the fight was that made BOTH superstars, Oscar De La Hoya, and add up all the revenue based on PPV and box office ticket sales, and average them out for both Floyd and Manny. If Manny generates more money per fight, he can have a higher split and should. If it's equal, it should be 50-50. And if Floyd generates more, he should have the higher split. That's the most fair and honest way to do so. We already know Floyd is getting a way way way bigger guarantee, because his guarantee's are much higher than Pac's are. But in terms of the split, that's the most fair way to do it.

The only reason anyone wouldn't want to do this is if they fear Manny in fact doesn't generate as much or more money, and I'd bet my account on here that he doesn't. But that's the best way to determine the split of big mega fights like this.
                  if pac generates atleast 1.3 mil PPV vs bradley, then both he and floyd would have the same amount of PPV buys in their last 4 fights...but then again, pac is a foreigner fighing in floyds home country and floyd barely outdo pac in PPV buys...you can compare common opponants PPV buys, but even that is flawed...being that its a no brainer that an american would outdraw a foreigner...but thats not only the case...floyd would be the ppv king IF FLOYD did a 2 to 1 ratio over pac...doing it by 200,xxx buys over a foreigner doesnt make you a PPV king.

the only way to get real PPV BUYs by the numbers is if HBO did have a system where when ordering a PPV boxing event that showcases mayweather or pac and his opponants...the buyer would have to make a section as shown below:

- im buying because im for mayweather
                  - im buying beacuse im for cotto
                  - im buying because of a good overall card
                  - im buying because im a big boxing fan

you can do the same survery for a pacquiao fight

this would be the only way to see who really is the PPV king
                  Last edited by indystress; 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Can't believe this!! Pac has to KO me? I won't run, stand my ground and accept the inevitable.. getting KTFO?? Where's the balls Timmy? You're becoming Floydie everyday.. A 106 lbr just can't run through Cotto; Mosley; Margarito!! It aint natural, he must be on sumthin or he isn't human!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                      stop being delusional. pac may make more money than floyd but he has to take more fights in order to make a little bit more than floyd. if u want to do it by annum while including years where he wasn't fighting then I made more money than floyd during the years where he was retired. I guess i'm entitled to 50/50. and yea floyd won the dlh fight but didnt get more money, he got a lot less than dlh but he didnt complain. thats just how it is, so now that he's on top he wants what he's entitled to.

Originally posted by indystress View Post
                      pac did more damaage to commom opponants...the only opponant floyd and flaoyd fans can brag about is the marquez comparison...but wont mention how they compared to delahoya and hatton, and now just recently cotto.

floyd fans can say well pac fought delahoya and cotto at a catchweight, but atleast both delahoya and cotto weighed in at the agreed catchweight...u cant say the same for the catchweight between marquez/mayweather...floyd ignored the catchweight and paid of the weight overage fee...talk about fair fight/even playing field...same goes with the sucka punch against ortiz...not only that, it was unsportsman like conduct.
                      you do realize how floyd fights right? his focus is to outbox you, not necessarily to knock you out. the fact that he still knocks tons of guys out is impressive cuz he's not even trying to do so. and if u ask all of their common opponents, i think the unanimous answer is that floyd is better. unlike you or me, those guys are professional boxers and world champions so i think they would have a better grasp of this than you or i do.

furthermore, by my count, manny hasnt knocked anyone out in 3 years so stop acting as if manny is destroying guys.

as for catchweights, the fight with marquez was at a catchweight that was supposed to favour marquez so it's not the same as manny DEMANDING a catchweight that would benefit himself. floyd also doesnt demand the champion of a division to fight at a weight that he wants, he just goes up to 154 to take their title. meanwhile manny makes the champ fight at 145 for the 147 belt? then fights at 150 for the VACANT 154 belt yet everyone calls him super welterweight champ? he didnt even fight at that weight, didnt beat the champ of that weightclass to win the belt AND he didnt even defend it. i'll give him the first 7 titles but not that last one. dont tell me those couple pounds dont matter much cuz if they didnt, manny wouldnt have been so adamant about it to the point where they almost stripped cotto's belt cuz he initially wouldnt agree to it.

you guys can say all u want about floyd suckerpunching ortiz, he was dummying that kid, the wbc champ, through 4 rounds to the point where he reduced the champ to headbutting. the fact is, the same guys criticizing floyd are the same people that would definitely do the same thing if someone tried to headbutt and/or cheapshot you in a fight.
                      Last edited by danktrees; 05-15-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X