Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has Floyd started throwing combos again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, i think he lost a step... blame it on age, rust, lack of motivation, boredom, etc....but i honestly dont think he is PURPOSELY choosing to sit there and trade punches... if he is, i DOUBT he would do that with a dangerous puncher...

especially if he plans on sticking around 154... but either way, boxing fans appreciate it and i hope he continues to show more heart than brains (he already proved he is one of the smartest in the ring).

Comment

It makes no sense to me that he would run against Ricky Hatton yet "choose" to fight Cotto toe-to-toe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        It makes no sense to me that he would run against Ricky Hatton yet "choose" to fight Cotto toe-to-toe.
        LOL, Changing the subject again...First of all, Floyd didnt run from hatton...Second of all, AGAIN, WHAT DOES FIGHTING TOE TO TOE HAVE TO DO WITH THROWING COMBINATIONS, WHICH WAS WHAT OUR DEBATE WAS ABOUT...Third of ALL, HE WENT TOE TO TOE WITH COTTO, AND USED HIS FOOTWORK, AND RAN HALF OF THE FIGHT....Listen to urself!..LOL

Comment

For the money... The general public was growing tired of being tricked into watching him fight without getting a good show in return. He had to change something before he lost his appeal.

Also, he seems to have reverted to fighting the way he used to before moving up and fighting do cautiously. He's comfortable at the weight and is doing almost everything the fans ask of him to help his legacy -- outside of the PAC fight.

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
            For the money... The general public was growing tired of being tricked into watching him fight without getting a good show in return. He had to change something before he lost his appeal.

Also, he seems to have reverted to fighting the way he used to before moving up and fighting do cautiously. He's comfortable at the weight and is doing almost everything the fans ask of him to help his legacy -- outside of the PAC fight.
            I also noticed, he was fighting like he did in the gatti fight...fast as HELL with those combinations in the 4th rnd, he put on a hell of a show, but he was so offensive minded that he got reckless in some spots, and he forgot his defense...Floyd gets better each and every fight, in his next fight, he wont get touched! watch n see

Comment

I say that if anyone is appearing to lose their legs, then it is Miguel Cotto; Whose legs had been buckled several times throughout the fight, especially from Floyd Mayweather's left uppercuts and most notably the final round. This is despite of the fact, that he was much heavier in this bout, than in any other previous bout; Which also includes his two KO losses to Margarito and Pacquiao.

Comment

maybe because hitting his opponents with more than 1 punch at a time makes it easier to win his fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  maybe because hitting his opponents with more than 1 punch at a time makes it easier to win his fights?
                  More so helps him to do more damage, get KO's which is what HE HIMSELF has been saying he wanted to get, and get the crowd going wild!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    You a sad dude if you think Uncle Roger doesn't watch film on FMJs opponents.

You are STUPID if you think FMJ doesn't listen to everything Unc has to say.

Comment

lol..........MAK is a funny dude

Comment

Working...
                      X