No announcement yet.

Why has Floyd started throwing combos again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Floyd DOES Care about putting on a show, that right there tells me u dont know anything about Floyd...quit comparing what Floyd did in the past, to what he is doing today...People change everyday...U think Floyd doesnt like having the crowd going wild?...Who wants to be a boring fighter, IF they have what it takes to put on a show...and just because u put on a show, it doesnt mean u have to be a boring fighter...Floyd has been rebuilding his image and perfecting his style...I been paying attention to things, and I see u havent!...U can almost literally WATCH from fight to fight, he slowly gets better and better!...U just have to admit Im righty, cuz U cant even anser ur own question...Ur relying on ME to answer it for u, because u never even thought about it...Ur just focused on what Floyd did million yrs ago...That Floyd does not exist anymore...ever since Pac blew up, people have been worshipping him for being exciting, and FLOYD Wants to be exciting...he wants to have the crowd going wild as his fights, like pac had the crowds going wild at his OLD fights with Marg, and Cotto!..Like I said before, few can pay attention to detail, and ur not one of em!
    Floyd can put on a show without standing toe-to-toe and getting hit. His mentality has always been to get paid the most for getting hit the least. Now all of a sudden he cares about being cheered like Pac? LOL

I guess we'll agree to disagree because you're on some sentimental **** and Im looking at it realistically.

Comment

If Floyd pot shotted against Cotto he would have lost.

He is also more confident in his chin and physically stronger.

Comment

Ali used to dance around the ring a pop pop one two`s aka float like a butter fly sting like a bee.

After he returned from the draft his legs would no longer support that style of fighting and he started to use his arms more.

If you have boxed long enough, I have you would know have legs will start to feel more heavy and slow as you age, you can simply feel that if you where to try and move your feat fast you would fail.
        Its almost like your style changes automatically and you cant do anything about it.

Floyd`s legs can no longer get to the side fast enough and if he where to try and box that way he will get knocked out, his body and mind knows this so he automatically uses his arms more.

It is very simple and only a person that have no clue about have age affects a boxer would say that floyds legs are the same as age 25

Comment

Better question is why did he ever stop

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Frightened by the power at the higher weights, didn't want to get bullied around by the bigger guy.

Safety first from Floyd.

Hit and run

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              Exactly

If you mean using his legs

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Unlike you, I don't blindly believe everything that comes out his mouth in the media. Floyd is a smart guy, he's made a career out of taking the least punishment possible, now at 35, he's gonna start going toe-to-toe cos he wants to? Come on now...
                Like all great fighters, Floyd adapts to being an older fighter. That's what separates good from great. I wish he fought Pac and retired instead of going the usual US fighters' route...

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  Ali used to dance around the ring a pop pop one two`s aka float like a butter fly sting like a bee.

After he returned from the draft his legs would no longer support that style of fighting and he started to use his arms more.

If you have boxed long enough, I have you would know have legs will start to feel more heavy and slow as you age, you can simply feel that if you where to try and move your feat fast you would fail.
                  Its almost like your style changes automatically and you cant do anything about it.

Floyd`s legs can no longer get to the side fast enough and if he where to try and box that way he will get knocked out, his body and mind knows this so he automatically uses his arms more.

It is very simple and only a person that have no clue about have age affects a boxer would say that floyds legs are the same as age 25
                  Pretty much. There are no two ways about it. Still Floyd will be an handfull for anyone out there, even if he was in a freaking wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                    Pretty much. There are no two ways about it. Still Floyd will be an handfull for anyone out there, even if he was in a freaking wheelchair.
                    Absolutely

I have become a better boxer with age despite that my legs no longer work as good as ones did, mostly because I feel more and more comfortable in the ring plus and I am puncher by nature.

The only thing that is important in floyds case is that more fighters would now potentially give him trouble.

Comment

as usual boxing scene misses a trick

cotto worked the body and TOOK AWAY THE LEGS

which-is-the-blueprint-to-beat-him

floyd is fading though, no doubt

Comment

Working...
                      X