• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average buys for Manny- 1,076,666
    Average Revenue for sales for Manny-68,916,666

Average buys for Floyd- 1,233,333
    Average revenue for sales for Floyd-78,513,333

Last three years~ no Cotto fight the numbers used were posted by a Manny fan and include both gate and PPV revenue. Those differences are not negligable, on a percentage basis 15%. 15% difference on 100 million is 15 million.

50+15=65 million
    50-15=35 million

40 million looks rather generous considering them splitting 100 million is a real high goal.
    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Can you or dirk prove your assumption that its negligble?
      You cant factually prove any of this. You either believe the difference is negligible and they should just do 50/50

Or you're a Floyd dick smoker who only now wants to bring up the fact that Floyd draws more because Floyd told you to.

Like I said, not one person mentioned the purse split. It was all about "take the test".

Comment

• Originally posted by sampsonsimpson View Post
        why do people keep saying that manny was offered $40 mill with no PPV money ... where do you guys think a majority of that $40 mill is coming from!?!?!

additionally, the odlh-mayweather fight was the highest grossing in history and their purses were a combined $77 mill ($52 mill to oscar, $25 mill to floyd)

how is offering more that half of the biggest combined purse EVER a bad offer?!
        can someone please answer my questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          How is the difference any different from before? In fact, the difference is more negligible now.

Floyd-Oscar sold 2.4 whereas Floyd-Pac sold just over half that. So why was Floyd offering 50/50 when in theory he was drawing double? Herp?

But now he fought Cotto with Canelo and Shane on the undercard and only drew 250k more than Pac did vs Cotto yet offers 100/0. Derp?
          if ur argument is to compare oscar/floyd where oscar was the obvious a side with floyd/cotto where floyd was the obvious a side, then u are dumber than i thought. sure oscar and floyd did astronomical numbers together, but that wasnt mostly floyd. floyd/cotto was mostly floyd. and its a pretty astronomical number in its own right. so no longer can it be argued that floyd made such high numbers because of oscar being in the fight, now he has an astronomical number of his own to tout. one that not close to being matched by pac. i mean ****, if u dont get the difference then im wasting my time while u try to make silly sound bites that dont mean ****. i dont need u telling me what i think tho. so if u dont agree good for u. but ive never been on the whole take the test bandwagon so please go somewhere else with that lame trash.

Comment

• Will Floyd agreeing to fight for 50-50 really make the fight happen? Floyd hadn't mention anything about the split when Bob Arum didn't want the fight on May 5th because he wanted to build an outdoor venue for June, to "maximize profits". The earliest Arum wanted the fight for was late May in an outdoor venue. Floyd is going to jail in June 1st.

Arum never wanted the fight, and Bradley had already been talked about he was promised a fight with Pacquiao in the summer. Everything was set up a months prior just like the Clottey and Margarito fights. One year prior to Pac-Margarito, Margarito gave the exact month he was told he was fighting Pacquiao. In the meantime, Arum/Pacquiao were in the media acting like they want to fight Floyd, while rejecting the OST demands and laughing behind the scenes.

Comment

• LOL... Everyone in the world already knew this, well aside from all the pac diehards on this site..

Comment

• then,

floyd fanboy: "ariza is a scum, he's a liar"

now,

floyd fanboy: "ariza is an angel, he tells the truth"

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  if ur argument is to compare oscar/floyd where oscar was the obvious a side with floyd/cotto where floyd was the obvious a side, then u are dumber than i thought. sure oscar and floyd did astronomical numbers together, but that wasnt mostly floyd. floyd/cotto was mostly floyd. and its a pretty astronomical number in its own right. so no longer can it be argued that floyd made such high numbers because of oscar being in the fight, now he has an astronomical number of his own to tout. one that not close to being matched by pac. i mean ****, if u dont get the difference then im wasting my time while u try to make silly sound bites that dont mean ****. i dont need u telling me what i think tho. so if u dont agree good for u. but ive never been on the whole take the test bandwagon so please go somewhere else with that lame trash.
                  I compared Floyd/Oscar to Manny/Oscar and Floyd/Cotto to Manny/Cotto.

And LOL@ Floyd-Cotto being Floyds own number to tout. Im gonna abort this discussion now due to extreme nuthuggery

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
                    then,

floyd fanboy: "ariza is a scum, he's a liar"

now,

floyd fanboy: "ariza is an angel, he tells the truth"

then pac fanboys ariza is then the truth

pac fanboys now floyd fans are crazy ariza know nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      I compared Floyd/Oscar to Manny/Oscar and Floyd/Cotto to Manny/Cotto.

And LOL@ Floyd-Cotto being Floyds own number to tout. Im gonna abort this discussion now due to extreme nuthuggery
                      u must be dense. u do know the difference between being an a-side and a b-side rite? u do know floyd and manny were b-sides in their fights with oscar rite? u do know they were a-sides in their fights with cotto rite? if u cant understand at least that much then really i was wasting my time. u seem to not understand what i mean when i said its floyds number to tout. so i thought id make it clear. dont hurt yourself trying to understand this please.

Comment

Working...
                      X