No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum, Schaefer Discuss Mayweather-Pacquiao Solutions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
    I don't think he's scared of Pacquiao, but that he's scared of losing.
    Well, whatever you think Floyd is scared of, he seems to give that thought ONLY when it comes to fighting Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post
      I agree with you, but it will never happen - too much vested interest. I'm not a fan of boxing anymore because the best don't fight the best and fans celebrate mediocrity. Mayweather's fans are actually happy when he prices himself out of fights! I read some guy on here saying he would 'lose respect for Floyd' if he gave Pacquiao 50/50. Aren't we all bored of hearing about PPV numbers and purse splits? It's supposed to be sport, not politics.
      Plenty of other fights to watch. If all that matters to you is Mayweather-Pacquiao you were never a fan of "boxing".

Comment

Pacman and Martinez are dangerous opponents for Mayweather Jr.,

But, Pacman being #1 PFP should be given the reasonable 50-50;
        or the proposed 45-45 with the 10 remaining going to the WINNER!

that's FAIR enough!

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
          Well, whatever you think Floyd is scared of, he seems to give that thought ONLY when it comes to fighting Pacquiao.
          Same with Martinez

I really think that what really is going on in floyds head is that he dossent want to do enything he feels forced to do.
          The whole world is screaming at floyd to fight Pac and I think he is so full of Vanity and Narcissism that he feels like the kaiser getting orders form farmers.
          He thinks he is the best boxer that ever lived and is above boxing

Pac is simple minded and likes that other people dos the thinking for him and those people only think in terms of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
            Pacman and Martinez are dangerous opponents for Mayweather Jr.,

But, Pacman being #1 PFP should be given the reasonable 50-50;
            or the proposed 45-45 with the 10 remaining going to the WINNER!

that's FAIR enough!
            P4P #1 is an opinion many sites/people have Mayweather #1 not Pacquiao so to discuss a split on an imaginary title that a lot of people don't agree with is just ******.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Plenty of other fights to watch. If all that matters to you is Mayweather-Pacquiao you were never a fan of "boxing".
              You're reading what you want to read. Try again.

Comment

Actually an equal split of 40-40 with the winner taking the remaining 20% but the only problem here is that can cause a lot of problem with scoring of the fight, Unless a KO happens or the fight ends in a draw then whoever loses would probably end of accusing the Judges of been paid off.

Comment

Another thing that makes me laugh is, whenever arum propose something unto the Mayweather side he has to put the "if Mayweather doesnt agree to this then he doesnt believe he can win the fight" etc

this stuff just makes me laugh because its like a child talking out of a grown old man's body, he also claimed his proposal was Pacqauio's proposal lol OK arum.. The same Pacquiao who handed his phone back to Knocz while him and Mayweather were discussing PPV money? Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                    50/50 plain and simple. I can't believe I'm saying this but Arum's 45/45 & winner 10 is a good idea. Although we all know Floyd won't take that. Once the numbers come in for Pac/Bradley I think then there will be leverage on Mayweather's side. I don't see Pac/Bradley reaching 1.5 like Mayweather/Cotto just did. Cotto definitely had a lot to do with those numbers though. Bradley won't pitch in much to the Pacquiao fight so I see that one coming up short. If you really want to break it down, compare Pac/Cotto to Mayweather/Cotto. That's a good scale to base the negotiations off of. In the end it's gonna fall on Mayweather being reasonable in the negotiations or Pacquiao giving in to Mayweathers unreasonable demands. I see neither happening. Mayweather vs Pacquiao is gonna be the greatest fight that never was. Hope I'm wrong.
                    That's a bad example... 1. Pacquiao vs. Cotto didn't fight on Cinco de Mayo... 2. Pacquiao vs. Cotto wasn't on Cinco de Mayo with Alvarez the #1 Mexican draw vs. Mosley a 1st ballot HOF on the under card and on Cinco de Mayo... Why do you think Golden scheduled that card on Cinco de Mayo???? Mayweather nor Cotto is Mexican or Mexican American for that matter... Give Canelo and Cinco de Mayo 17% to 25% of those numbers... Manny has out sold Floyd because he fights more often which means his fans have to shell out more $... Plus Manny sells out and brings in Asian high rollers to Vegas... Mayweather vs. Marquez and Ortiz were not sell outs in a16,000 seat arena... 45% to 45% with the winner taking 10% is more than fair.... Floy just doesn't want to fight Manny bottom line.... Example he and maybe his fans are the only people in the world that don't know Manny agreed to the test 2 years ago.... The fight is NEVER going to happen until Floyd decides to take a risk and fight an dangerous opponent...

Comment

Here's solution. Next time Schafer picks up the phone and tells Bob they want to negotiate the fight, Bob shouldn't say "no thannks, we aren't interested right now." That's just a starting point.

Comment

Working...
                      X