Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto a LEGITIMATE Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    He's asking if Cotto is a legitimate HOF'er. If he is a lock HOF at this point.

It's a legitimate question.

Cotto is not a lock HOF'er at this point or atleast he shouldn't be.
    thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      that's his only HOFer in his resume.

& cotto getting in is not a lock at all. cotto can lose his next couple of fights and not get in.

he isnt in right now.

You cant be a HOF lock if you only have beaten one hall of famer and they were past prime at that.

cmon son.
      Mosley was still one of the top WW's when he fought him, past his prime-still good. How many HOF fighters did Marquez beat??? 1, Barrera, and a past prime one at that. So is Marquez not in the HOF???

Look at some of the fighters in the HOF, you're delusional if you think Cotto isn't going to get in one day. Cotto's resume is the weakest compared to his counterparts from this era, Mayweather-Pacquiao-Marquez.

I'm not saying Cotto should be a lock ,but in terms of "Will he or won't he", he will get in 100%. I have no doubt. If Kostya Tszyu got in on his first year for being on the ballot, then Cotto will get in at some point.

Call me crazy, but I would take Jose Louis Castillo's resume over Miguel Cotto's. I posted something last night about how many Top 10 fighters Cotto-Marquez-Pac-Floyd have beat in their careers.

Cotto beat 7, Marquez beat 8 (could easily have 11 though with his controversial losses), Pac beat 11, and Floyd beat 15.

Cotto's resume isn't quite what it's made out to be, but he still has some solid/good wins, and will probably end up getting in.
      Last edited by 4Corners; 05-12-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

you know you effed up when you got people who dont even like bernard hopkins defending him (me included).

LMFAO!! I hate Hopkins with a passion but dude is much much better than Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          He's asking if Cotto is a legitimate HOF'er. If he is a lock HOF at this point.

It's a legitimate question.

Cotto is not a lock HOF'er at this point or atleast he shouldn't be.
          And his poll is a landslide for one side. Yet, he still cried and tried to talk ****, and look down on anyone that disagreed. After being told my many, many different reasons why he should, he still went back to the well with his "gotta beat prime, ATG" ****.

Comment

If this question were to of been asked after Cotto got beat by Pac, you better believe the polls would be much much different.

Floyd and Pac fanatics like to flip flop a lot. Specially a lot of Floyd's fanbase.

Comment

AND I'm still waiting to see these "racist" posts I made. Mother ***er comes in here and tries to attack me personally and my character. Yet, scampers away with no proof.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Mosley was still one of the top WW's when he fought him, past his prime-still good. How many HOF fighters did Marquez beat??? 1, Barrera, and a past prime one at that. So is Marquez not in the HOF???

Look at some of the fighters in the HOF, you're delusional if you think Cotto isn't going to get in one day. Cotto's resume is the weakest compared to his counterparts from this era, Mayweather-Pacquiao-Marquez.
                cotto is talking about going up to middleweight where he could conceivably lose to julio cesar chavez jr.

cotto could lose to martinez. cotto could lose to freaking james kirkland for all we know.

You're the only one that's delusional for thinking cotto is some sure fire lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  AND I'm still waiting to see these "racist" posts I made. Mother ***er comes in here and tries to attack me personally and my character. Yet, scampers away with no proof.
                  Even though I think TS has a point in saying Cotto' resume isn't all that, the guy is a certified troll hands down. You should see some of the s**T he spits on here.

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
                    True & sad... Stallone is a fake boxer and he's in... shame.

i dont think you get it, brother

there are two major categories :

participants (boxers)

non participants

stallon got in as a screenwriter and filmmaker

he created rocky, one of the most compelling and endearing characters in american film

more kid's walked into a gym because of stallone than perhaps any other man outside of mike tyson, muhammad ali, and perhaps a few others

he had a profound and positive impact on the sport.
                    i have no issues whatsoever with his induction

cotto's an odd case.

will he get in? yes, unequivocally

should he?
                    going on the standards that have led to the current pool?
                    probably. yes.

should he?
                    going by my own standards?
                    cotto's an odd case. i want to see what he does with the rest of his career. i'd lean toward no. this point.

who did he beat? in no real order and i might be forgetting somebody:
                    mosley
                    judah
                    clottey
                    margarito in the second fight
                    corley
                    quintana
                    malignaggi
                    torres

best fighter on there is mosley. most prolific win i'd say is judah, who he totally destroyed.

lost to margarito when he was almost certainly loading his gloves.
                    lost to manny pacquiao
                    and now to mayweather jr

Comment

cotto is talking about going up to middleweight where he could conceivably lose to julio cesar chavez jr.

cotto could lose to martinez. cotto could lose to freaking james kirkland for all we know.

You're the only one that's delusional for thinking cotto is some sure fire lock.
                      Not saying he should be, but is Tszyu got in on his first year, Miguel Cotto will get in hands down. He's going to get in at some point.

Marquez only beat 1 HOF fighter techincally.....Barrera. And Barrera was ranked high at 130, but he was not in his prime. Similar to Cotto beating Mosley at 147.

I'm not saying Cotto should be a lock, but I'd bet my life that Cotto winds up in the HOF one day.

Cotto isn't done either, cans till fight well for another 2-3 years. He's not retired or done/way past it.

Jose Luis Castillo has better wins than Cotto to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X