Roberto Duran ATG? Give me a break..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
    Hearns is an ATG no doubt.

I didn't say for certain that Floyd defintely wins.

In my opinion, I think Floyd ALWAYS finds a way to get the job done, if you want to believe he's fought bums all his career believe it.

Floyd is an ATG and deserves to be mentioned in the same league as Sugar Ray, Hagler and Hearns.
    There's a huge difference between "finding a way to get the job done" against the level of fighters Floyd's been fighting and "finding a way to get the job done" against the Leonards, Heanses, and Durans. If you cant make that distinction perhaps you'd be better off being a fan of pro-wrestling.

Poet

Comment

So how do you know that Hearns opponents were better,

Explain to me excatly why Hearns beats Floyd, I'm not saying he wouldn't but you are so sure he wins, what does he do better against a prime Floyd Mayweather?

Corrales is also a TERRIBLE matchup against a fighter like Floyd, as is Hatton and we all saw what happened in those 2 fights.
      here is a post written by a boxing analyst regarding hearns vs mayweather

Vs Mayweather
      Floyd Mayweather's uncle Roger once stated that the key to beating his nephew is by using the jab. Well Hearns' jab was as good as anybody who ever laced up a pair of boxing gloves. Mayweather would not have been able to outbox Hearns considering the fact that Tommy was never outboxed. If Floyd attempted to press the fight the same way Leonard and Hagler did, it would been an early night. Hearns would have brutally knocked Mayweather out. Floyd's jab to the pit of the stomach, check left hook, pull back counter, or lead right hand would not have been enough to earn Tommy's respect. If Floyd attempted the pull back counter, Hearn's right hand would have landed before Floyd's and the fight would have been instantly over. The only way for Mayweather to survived this fight would have been for him to run and run fast. Hearns would have won this fight by brutal KO or by giving Floyd the beating of his life en route to a unanimous decision.

I still give Floyd a 30% chance to beat Hearns. but there is no way he could have been a favorite against Hearns Or Leonard.

this thread has gotten off topic though since you were just trashing Duran

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
        There's a huge difference between "finding a way to get the job done" against the level of fighters Floyd's been fighting and "finding a way to get the job done" against the Leonards, Heanses, and Durans. If you cant make that distinction perhaps you'd be better off being a fan of pro-wrestling.

Poet
        ODLH, Zab Judah, Hatton, Mosley, Corrales, Cotto, Gatti,

Really **** opponents..

Some of these guys will go down in Hall of Fame.

As I said before, Hearns isn't superman because he fought in the 80's.

Floyd fought as good competition as Hearns did, he also came from 106 weightclass all the way up to 154.

Comment

Sure, it would be hard with his long jab, but I've always said this, he always finds a way to get the job done. Always, no matter what style

He's fought brawlers, boxers, big fighters, small fighters, Fighters with long jabs.

He's never been beaten so you can't really say how much talent he has or who he'd lose against to be honest, until we have someone who beats him and sets a benchmark and hes past his prime, so we'll never know, he has another year tops left.
          Wtf? u crazy. Jose Luiz Castillo beat Floyd in first fight. Roberto Duran would handle Floyd easier than Hearns would, but Hearns prolly beats Floyd too. Leonard beats Floyd, but of the three I give Floyd his best chance against Leonard.

When Floyd retires, and it should be soon, the goodbyes will be quick and we all move on. This is because the boxing public knows he's cherry picked and dodged his whole career. Gotta respect him for the money he's made and the controversy is fun. He is very gifted but never really tested himself against a true champ in his prime. Fighting and beating Pac is Floyd's only chance at ATG status.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
            here is a post written by a boxing analyst regarding hearns vs mayweather

Vs Mayweather
            Floyd Mayweather's uncle Roger once stated that the key to beating his nephew is by using the jab. Well Hearns' jab was as good as anybody who ever laced up a pair of boxing gloves. Mayweather would not have been able to outbox Hearns considering the fact that Tommy was never outboxed. If Floyd attempted to press the fight the same way Leonard and Hagler did, it would been an early night. Hearns would have brutally knocked Mayweather out. Floyd's jab to the pit of the stomach, check left hook, pull back counter, or lead right hand would not have been enough to earn Tommy's respect. If Floyd attempted the pull back counter, Hearn's right hand would have landed before Floyd's and the fight would have been instantly over. The only way for Mayweather to survived this fight would have been for him to run and run fast. Hearns would have won this fight by brutal KO or by giving Floyd the beating of his life en route to a unanimous decision.

I still give Floyd a 30% chance to beat Hearns. but there is no way he could have been a favorite against Hearns Or Leonard.

this thread has gotten off topic though since you were just trashing Duran
            LOL, I've heard that so many times though, it's a different story when he pull counters, slips away and jabs to the stomach all in a matter of seconds.

As he's said, fighters have the perfect gameplan on paper, they will do this that and the other.

Mayweathers defense is top class, Hearns wouldnt just land his jab at will.

It's fine for the boxing analyst whos probably never boxed to say that, but it looks completely different from the outside.

Good competitive fight, we saw DLH, Zab Judah, Corrales and Cotto all try to use the jab btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
              Wtf? u crazy. Jose Luiz Castillo beat Floyd in first fight. Roberto Duran would handle Floyd easier than Hearns would, but Hearns prolly beats Floyd too. Leonard beats Floyd, but of the three I give Floyd his best chance against Leonard.

When Floyd retires, and it should be soon, the goodbyes will be quick and we all move on. This is because the boxing public knows he's cherry picked and dodged his whole career. Gotta respect him for the money he's made and the controversy is fun. He is very gifted but never really tested himself against a true champ in his prime. Fighting and beating Pac is Floyd's only chance at ATG status.
              Castillo lost the first fight, and by a wide margain, it wasn't even close. sure he landed a few and made Floyd fight, floyd was schooling him with uppercuts all night.

Comment

LOL, I've heard that so many times though, it's a different story when he pull counters, slips away and jabs to the stomach all in a matter of seconds.

As he's said, fighters have the perfect gameplan on paper, they will do this that and the other.

Mayweathers defense is top class, Hearns wouldnt just land his jab at will.

It's fine for the boxing analyst whos probably never boxed to say that, but it looks completely different from the outside.

Good competitive fight, we saw DLH, Zab Judah, Corrales and Cotto all try to use the jab btw.
                Not one of the guys you mentioned have the jab size or power .. not evne close of a prime Tommy Hearns

YOU ****ING ACTAULLY SAID ZAB JUDAH oooo

Hearns would have koed Zudah with the air pressure he produced from his right hand

Comment

Really **** opponents..
                  None of them on Hearns' level. Hearns is a completely different class of fighter than those guys. As was Leonard. As was Duran. If you can't recognize that than you're a bigger moron than you've already displayed yourself to be.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHayeMaker View Post
                    Not one of the guys you mentioned have the jab size or power .. not evne close of a prime Tommy Hearns

YOU ****ING ACTAULLY SAID ZAB JUDAH oooo

Hearns would have koed Zudah with the air pressure he produced from his right hand
                    Zab Judah one of the most underrated fighters of all time, he had the talent, just didnt have the discipline what so ever to keep his head in it. but yeah hearns would of schooled him.

Cotto was thicker set than Hearns, and forced on to Floyd more, although Hearns had very long arms.

Imo Floyd wins a close decision, but if you think Hearns wins it's fine, you are allowed an opinion

Comment

Really **** opponents..

Some of these guys will go down in Hall of Fame.

As I said before, Hearns isn't superman because he fought in the 80's.

Floyd fought as good competition as Hearns did, he also came from 106 weightclass all the way up to 154.
                      Yeah, hardly any one of these guys would lose, or even struggle with a brawler like Hagler.

Comment

Working...
                      X