No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Back in Superfight Driver’s Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    Lmao. Lyle is Floyd's version of Nathanielz. But at least he tells a story better. But even as a huge Floyd fan there are times I'm like "wtf did I just read??" Smh...
    exactly my thought... he is the version of Nathanielz or Marley but Lyle is little better version! lol

Comment

Fight Khan, Pac and Martinez and retire FLoyd.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        MOsley didn't refuse. he was answering a question from a reporter as to whether he'd fight Mayweather next. I think it was just after a Vargas fight. Mosley said he'd already long arranged a vacation with his family who, he hadn't seen for months, andalso needed dental attention for a loose front tooth. That was all, he neither refused not accepted. There was no offer. it was a journalist's question.

I don't recall Mosley ever actually refusing any fight from any fighter/manager. He fought everybody, never ducked anyone.
        Remeber when he told larry merchant about his toothache? Yes you do. Look, I don't care if anyone hates floyd. Just lets keep the integrity of the NSB high.

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
          Take Mayweather's (false) insistence that if Manny Pacquiao would simply agree to random blood and urine testing, the fight would be made just as easy. His actions - not words - have proven this to be a deceitful assertion. Drug testing has been a non-issue for a year as the Filipino camp has agreed to the more stringent regime. The latter is an incontrovertible fact.
          Stop being naive.....for all we know drug testing could still be an issue, for there were never anything in writing. If either party is interested in the making the fight, they should sort out these issues in writing as they arise, so we can know for sure what exactly is holding up the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            It wasn't just the weight. Cotto wasn't alowed to rehydrate normally. If you don't think not being able to rehydrate affects performance and stamina then you are simply being a tool. DOes it mean cotto woulod've beaten manny? No. But if it wasn't a big deal, why did manny make it part of the contract?
            I didn't know that Cotto wasn't allowed to rehydrate properly, are you sure? However, he said the weight didn't affect him at all and he wouldn't have taken the fight if he'd thought it might have.. Anyway, although not the best scenario if true, he still was only a legit welterweight, and MannyP was a jumped up 130-35 lber with only 3 fights above 130.

My recollection is that there was a penalty for weighing more than 145 and The Roach said that if Cotto came in even barely over 147, the fight was off. This showed me that it was more to do with making a fight than a championship. I don't recall any restriction on rehydrating, although there could have been. I think someone was saying that Cotto looked about 8-10 lbs more than MannyP.

Comment

Cotto gave the "never sacrifice" crap in the run up to the Mayweather fight, as part of "a better Cotto now that when I fought Pacquiao". I suppose you didn't notice that after the Pacquiao fight he said that the weight was no problem to him. In his previous fight he weighted just 1 lb more, so why should it have been a problem he was a welterweight, and previously a 140 lb champion.

This said, this guy Fitzsimmons, seems to me like our favourite poster Murkaman, just with better language-oiling. And he did a great job on Mayweather, greasing him up one side and down the other like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Switching from idol worship to venemous attack, he bashed 67 year old Bob Sheridan,
              very patronisingly referring to him as "the old man". The Colonel has done the commentatihg for just about every championship fight ever since late 1960's, except for those done by Jimmy Lennon, and Jimmy Lennon Jr. Reputedly around 1000 championship fights, over 10,000 in all, he's a historical boxing figure, and the best blow-by blow guy in the game.

The story of him insisting on leaving his hospital bed after a major heart attack, to work a major fight, with a blood pressure cuff on, and his doctor sitting behind, keeping an eye on the fluctuating pressure, is unique.

Usually I don't read even half of Fitzsimmon's crap but this time wanted to see just how far he was going. I saw.........
              Don't be naive..... if the weight wasn't an issue, then why did Pac request it?

Comment

MOsley didn't refuse. he was answering a question from a reporter as to whether he'd fight Mayweather next. I think it was just after a Vargas fight. Mosley said he'd already long arranged a vacation with his family who, he hadn't seen for months, andalso needed dental attention for a loose front tooth. That was all, he neither refused not accepted. There was no offer. it was a journalist's question.

I don't recall Mosley ever actually refusing any fight from any fighter/manager. He fought everybody, never ducked anyone.
                Didn't Mosley go on to fight another fight within the same time frame of the proposed fight with Floyd? A better argument would be that Mosley stepped back to allow Dela hoya to fight Floyd.

Comment

I didn't know that Cotto wasn't allowed to rehydrate properly, are you sure? However, he said the weight didn't affect him at all and he wouldn't have taken the fight if he'd thought it might have.. Anyway, although not the best scenario if true, he still was only a legit welterweight, and MannyP was a jumped up 130-35 lber with only 3 fights above 130.

My recollection is that there was a penalty for weighing more than 145 and The Roach said that if Cotto came in even barely over 147, the fight was off. This showed me that it was more to do with making a fight than a championship. I don't recall any restriction on rehydrating, although there could have been. I think someone was saying that Cotto looked about 8-10 lbs more than MannyP.
                  WEight and rehydration clauses were in the contract. This is common knowledge. Doesn't matter what weight manny was.

It comes down to how you judge the weight and rehydration limitations. If you say they had no effect, well so be it. But real fans, and although we may not always agree yhour posts suggest you are, know that in combination they affect a fighters stamina and durability.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    WEight and rehydration clauses were in the contract. This is common knowledge. Doesn't matter what weight manny was.

It comes down to how you judge the weight and rehydration limitations. If you say they had no effect, well so be it. But real fans, and although we may not always agree yhour posts suggest you are, know that in combination they affect a fighters stamina and durability.
                    Link please

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Link please
                      Seriously? DO your own work.

Comment

Working...
                      X