No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Back in Superfight Driver’s Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Pac ducked this Cotto , do you have any idea how much stronger and better a fighter all around than a 145 lb version , this fight he trained to fight with a world class trainer Cotto was a beast and a very hungry one , the 145 version he trained to make weight with a nobody trainer , and said " I will never sacrifice my body like that again " understand what went down kid !
    Cotto gave the "never sacrifice" crap in the run up to the Mayweather fight, as part of "a better Cotto now that when I fought Pacquiao". I suppose you didn't notice that after the Pacquiao fight he said that the weight was no problem to him. In his previous fight he weighted just 1 lb more, so why should it have been a problem he was a welterweight, and previously a 140 lb champion.

This said, this guy Fitzsimmons, seems to me like our favourite poster Murkaman, just with better language-oiling. And he did a great job on Mayweather, greasing him up one side and down the other like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Switching from idol worship to venemous attack, he bashed 67 year old Bob Sheridan,
    very patronisingly referring to him as "the old man". The Colonel has done the commentatihg for just about every championship fight ever since late 1960's, except for those done by Jimmy Lennon, and Jimmy Lennon Jr. Reputedly around 1000 championship fights, over 10,000 in all, he's a historical boxing figure, and the best blow-by blow guy in the game.

The story of him insisting on leaving his hospital bed after a major heart attack, to work a major fight, with a blood pressure cuff on, and his doctor sitting behind, keeping an eye on the fluctuating pressure, is unique.

Usually I don't read even half of Fitzsimmon's crap but this time wanted to see just how far he was going. I saw.........

Comment

Manny himself said he would take a smaller purse to make the fight why is he backing out of what HE said! And manny never made close to 40mil in any of his other fights

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
        in the miguel cotto post-fight press conference, mayweather demanded that pacquiao first leave promoter bob arum as a condition for the fight to take place. That's an impossible demand given that the filipino congressman is contractually and legally bound to fight under top rank promotions.
        he did not demand that he was saying that the fight wont happen with bob arum involved, this cotto fight is an example, as soon as he left him the fight was made stop using certain word play to push your agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          Cotto gave the "never sacrifice" crap in the run up to the Mayweather fight, as part of "a better Cotto now that when I fought Pacquiao". I suppose you didn't notice that after the Pacquiao fight he said that the weight was no problem to him. In his previous fight he weighted just 1 lb more, so why should it have been a problem he was a welterweight, and previously a 140 lb champion.

This said, this guy Fitzsimmons, seems to me like our favourite poster Murkaman, just with better language-oiling. And he did a great job on Mayweather, greasing him up one side and down the other like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Switching from idol worship to venemous attack, he bashed 67 year old Bob Sheridan,
          very patronisingly referring to him as "the old man". The Colonel has done the commentatihg for just about every championship fight ever since late 1960's, except for those done by Jimmy Lennon, and Jimmy Lennon Jr. Reputedly around 1000 championship fights, over 10,000 in all, he's a historical boxing figure, and the best blow-by blow guy in the game.

The story of him insisting on leaving his hospital bed after a major heart attack, to work a major fight, with a blood pressure cuff on, and his doctor sitting behind, keeping an eye on the fluctuating pressure, is unique.

Usually I don't read even half of Fitzsimmon's crap but this time wanted to see just how far he was going. I saw.........
          It wasn't just the weight. Cotto wasn't alowed to rehydrate normally. If you don't think not being able to rehydrate affects performance and stamina then you are simply being a tool. DOes it mean cotto woulod've beaten manny? No. But if it wasn't a big deal, why did manny make it part of the contract?

Comment

The following demand is laughable. Floyd Mayweather wants to guarantee Pacquiao $40 million for the fight without any other revenue stream (including gate receipts) going to the latter. This bogus offer is merely an attempt to humiliate the other party, and not a valid attempt at good faith negotiations.

The Filipino could get a higher guarantee from other investors and still negotiate for gate receipts and back-end (i.e., pay-per-view) revenue for his camp, as well as, Top Rank. With this demand, Mayweather is essentially saying "I'll only fight you if you take much less money and your promoter has to accept what amounts to close to nothing."

From a business standpoint, this is a ludicrous position. Who came up with this?
            I don't understand Floyd's insistence on his 40M Offer with no PPV Share!

In term's of PPV, Pac & Mayweather generates almost the same numbers!
            Just becase he had the Record Breaking PPV# which we all know it was because of Oscal de la Hoya! NOT Floyd Mayweather...

But in Live Gates... Pac is the clear runaway winner!!!

MAYWEATHER IS CLEARLY HIMSELF OUT!!!

Comment

Just becase he had the Record Breaking PPV# which we all know it was because of Oscal de la Hoya! NOT Floyd Mayweather...

I don't know if there's anyone in their right mind would accept Mayweathers Offer if they're in Pacquiao's shoes!

FLOYD STOP ALL THE CRAP! If not, just go away please!

Comment

Which is only a tiny part of the actually money earned by these things. What you just said is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. Just from knowing what venues they fight in and how much the mega stars like Pac and Floyd generate with their PPV events.

That is like the Clippers saying, "We might not sell out like the Lakers, but we sell way more hot dogs!"

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Which is only a tiny part of the actually money earned by these things. What you just said is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on here. Just from knowing what venues they fight in and how much the mega stars like Pac and Floyd generate with their PPV events.

That is like the Clippers saying, "We might not sell out like the Lakers, but we sell way more hot dogs!"
                  good analogy! your on fire today dude.

Same arena. Same seat. Clippers game its $500. Lakers game its $5,000. See the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                    by the way most big fights that took place in boxing took forever to be made,,,, #fact
                    Fact! Fair weather fans expect fights to be made in a week but dont want to take the fact that we're talking millions upon millions of dollars into consideration...Hence the people screaming Floyd vs Serg

Comment

Originally posted by PeterinMI View Post
                      At least with Lyle we don't get crap like "the astute promoter", "fighter of the decade", "fisticuff great" before every reference to the promoter or fighter.
                      You should understand that foreign writers don't keep up with today's American slang, poor grammar and loose syntax, but do their studying with the more formal language textbooks. They use words often not familiar to today's readers. I venture to say that they are considerably more educated than guys like Fitz=this and that.

Comment

Working...
                      X