Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Cotto had won at least three rounds at best; With rounds six and eight being his most definitive. While I commend his spirited effort, in my opinion he was a just a step or two behind Floyd for much of this fight. Even though he had his moments by applying smart pressure with the jab and combination punching, especially when Mayweather's back was touching the ropes, it still isn't enough to justify a closer score on the official judges scorecards. Floyd was clearly the busier and more accurate fighter of the two.

Comment

It was competitive, but the scorecards were absolutely correct. Cotto was still losing rounds, even in being competitive. I'm beginning to wonder if this "we walked out in protest" thing is taking advantage of the ridiculous scorecards for other fights lately.

Cotto won 4 rounds at most.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        well i dont think anyone thought of FLoyd as invincible that would be a stretch. More think Pac as invincible now, even though hes lost before.

But Cotto was the champ and Floyd didnt do enough for me. Floyd scores more because his punches dont hurt and Cotto didnt even need to defend them. I think some of those body punches, Cotto just gave Floyd free shots as they had no effect. Floyd on the other hand has to defend every punch as each one can ko him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          well i dont think anyone thought of FLoyd as invincible that would be a stretch. More think Pac as invincible now, even though hes lost before.

But Cotto was the champ and Floyd didnt do enough for me. Floyd scores more because his punches dont hurt and Cotto didnt even need to defend them. I think some of those body punches, Cotto just gave Floyd free shots as they had no effect. Floyd on the other hand has to defend every punch as each one can ko him.
          WTF you on about lol , You couldnt score in whore house with a pocket full of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Well, when you are expected to be "Gattied" by many of the "experts" on this site, claiming moral victory seems fine. A lot of you guys are insensitive as *** and just making excuses. Floyd didn't look good and Miguel was a huge reason why he didn't, one of Floyds hardest fights, and a lot of you guys are crying "9 rounds to 3" this or that. Who cares what the final was. Floyd didn't cruise and had a tough night. Miguel gave Floyd hell and instead of you Floyd nut huggers trying to prop up your fighter you should be praising Miguel for putting on another wonderful and exciting performance. For him to fight like that, as such a huge underdog is something that can be respected by all.

I never realized how bad Floyd fans are until I finally rooted against him. Hell, even Floyd pays his respects to Miguel but you got nut huggers saying "easy work".
            lol, at least now you know.

Floyd isn't so bad but he inspires a lot of these numbskull fans with his disrespect to other fighters.

Anyway, I thought Mayweather dominated, gave Cotto 3 rounds and there were other close rounds but they belonged to FMJ.

Well done Cotto for giving it a lash but reality is he was well short of what was required.

But hey, at least he got fair refereeing, Weeks was very good, ditto for Nady in the Canelo fight, the night's boxing did not miss Cortez one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              What year was that criteria implemted into the official judging criteria?

You do know there is official criteria for judging, right?

Being a Champion isn't part of it. The notiion that a close round should be given to the champion is one of the most moronic ideologies I've ever heard anyway.
              I have never heard of a champion getting a close round by default, never in my life. That is absolutely insane. It's pretty obvious, in a close round you should probably give the round to the guy who landed the best shots, and that was almost always Floyd.

And some of the people saying it now are the ones that were hating on people saying the same thing about Pacquiao-Marquez 3. Hypocrites.

Comment

Cotto won 3 rounds Floyd 8 and 1rd even.

The problem is people aren't use to seeing Floyd get hit and when he got hit all hell broke loose. It was competitive fight with Floyd winning most of the rds.
                Last edited by Ko King 212; 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

People are having a hard time with separating how a fight is scored regardless of how competitive the fight may be. A fight can be very competitive with a fighter winning all 12 rounds and even though the scorecards will show a blowout everybody who watched the fight will know it was a great fight. PBF vs Cotto falls into that category even though the fight was competitive PBF won 9-10 rounds which will be reflected on the scorecards. Those scorecards won't reflect how competitive the fight was but those are the right scores.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
                    Bullshit - I had it 117-111. Cotto won a few rounds but it wasn't a wide margin.
                    117-111 is a wide margin.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Can't argue that Cotto lost that fight but the scorecards WERE ridiculous IMO.
                    Originally posted by chibomber View Post
                    True, Mayweather won but it wasn't a near shut out like the judges had it. I was a good competitive fight. What is wrong with the score cards reflecting that?
                    Learn how to score a fight. Cotto wide 2 rounds, 3 being generous. the score cards were on point
                    Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 05-07-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

here are many of the press scores

courtesy of fight score collector
                      http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com/

Paddy Cronan - (Onthegrindboxin radio) - 117-111 Mayweather
                      Suge Green - (Onthegrindboxingradio) - 114-114 Draw

Steve Kim - (Maxboxing.com) - 116-112 Mayweather

Steve Lillis - (Boxnation) - 116-112 Mayweather

Dougie Fischer - (Ring ****zine) - 116-112 Mayweather

Dan Rafael - (ESPN) - 116-112 Mayweather

John Chavez - (Boxingtruth radio) - 115-113 Mayweather

Kevin Iole - (Yahoo.com) - 115-113 Mayweather

Proboxing-fans.com Jake - 115-113 Mayweather

***************.com - 117-111 Mayweather

JakeNDAbox - (Boxingscene) - 117-111 Mayweather

David Coldwell - (Promoter) - 116-112 Mayweather

Eric Raskin (Press) - 118-110 Mayweather

Associated Press - 116-112 Mayweather

Mike Sloan - (Secondsout.com) - 116-112 Mayweather

ESPN.com - 116-112 Mayweather

Kevin Mitchell - (Guardian Uk newspaper) - 116-113 Mayweather

Tim Smith - (New York Dail News) - 117-111 Mayweather

Denzil Stone - (Onthbeak.com) - 118-110 Mayweather

Ben Thompson - (Fighthype.com) - 118-110 Mayweather

Robert Morales- (Long Beach Press Telegram) - 117-111 Mayweather

John J Raspanti - (Doghouseboxing.com) - 117-111 Mayweather

The Sweet Science.com - 117-111 Mayweather

S.I.com - (Bryan Graham) - 116-112 Mayweather

Harold Lederman - (HBO) - 117-111 Mayweather

***************.net - 118-110 Mayweather

Max Kellerman - (HBO) - 116-112 Mayweather

Steve Bunce - (Boxnation) - 116-112 Mayweather

Kieran Mulvaney - (ESPN) - 116-112 Mayweather

Tom Gray - ( Secondsout.com) - 117-111 Mayweather

pretty much in line with what the judges saw.

Comment

Working...
                      X