Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto: We Proved Mayweather is Not Invincible!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
    Name the rounds you gave to Cotto.

I can say which rounds I gave to Cotto off the bat, 6 and 8.

Let's not *****foot and cut straight to the chase, you're just saying what you want to fit an agenda. I called you out asking for what rounds you gave to Cotto, and you make up an excuse. No worries, I get your disappointed. But no need to lie. It was a great fight, the fans came out on top at the end of the day. Cotto showed true heart and grit, both fighters did.
    What agenda am I trying to prove, I could care less who wins I don't get paid to be a fan, just gave an opinion. If you want to feel superior over the internet go right ahead. Calling me out? You just asked a question, that's calling me out? Well I gave cotto 6,7,8,9 for sure that I know off the top of my head. But now I will wait for your rebuttal so you can feel better about yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
      sorry cotto fought hard but floyd beat his ass in the championship rounds,i mean he beat his ass
      I think that's extreme. May landed some good shots, and won a convincing UD but Cotto's only been truly beat up by Plasterito and Steroidquiao. Cotto gassed after mid 11th round though, this allowed May to open up considerably and stun Cotto a couple of times in the last 4-5 mins of the fight.

Did I do it right?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Can't argue that Cotto lost that fight but the scorecards WERE ridiculous IMO.
        ^ ^ ^ ^
        What he said...

Comment

Cotto won 3-4 rounds imo. But there were a lot of close rounds. Damn I need to see this fight again sober..lol

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            Cotto fought better than expected....I knew he wasn't getting stopped....thats what I KNEW!!!...but I didn't think he could land his lead hand and make Money so uncomfortable....I loved seeing Money's will and Cotto's heart being tested...it was GREAT!!!!

I thought Floyd won the rounds but Cotto was winning MOMENTS here and there....he took a few rounds as well....but at the end of the day, it was CLEAR that Money won....and it was CLEAR that the "styles make fights" saying is REAL!!...Cotto has ALWAYS handled his bizz against BOXERS...its the brawlers who bring that heat that cause him to melt!!
            Cotto has only lost to one brawler and that was because of weight and the other was to a cheat , he avenged the cheat and if Manny didnt duck him this time Miguel would avenge that loss too , Manny refuses to fight him without draining so Cotto will never get the chance to prove it .

Comment

dear Pedro, in order to prove that floyd is not invincible, you have to beat him. Your fighter didn't do that and clearly lost the fight. Just because he put up a decent fight doesn't mean you proved that floyd is not invincible, it just means your fighter put up a good fight. That is all.

as for the scoring...for anyone that says it was much closer, I believe you're succumbing to the floyd syndrome. As max kellerman has stated in the past, because floyd is so hard to hit and rarely takes any punishment, when guys actually manage to land shots on him it seems to be a bigger deal than it actually is. In many cases the crowd is jumping on its feet when floyd takes a shot and they neglect the fact that floyd pre-ceeded AND followed up with numerous shots of his own. Just because he took a few shots or that cotto would put on a flurry at some point during a round does not mean floyd lost the round. Often in that fight floyd would win 2 minutes and 30 seconds of that round then cotto comes on a bit, especially towards the end of the round, and everyone seems to go crazy and give him the round. That's not how boxing is scored. Cotto put up a fight but got worked and lost that fight by clear UD. The judges were spot on. Cotto won 2 rounds and had 1 or 2 other rounds that could have been considered his cuz they were close but that's about it.

that's not to say cotto didn't out up a good fight but a lot of the punches he threw while floyd was on the ropes didn't land or were blocked. So while he may have looked busy, he wasn't scoring which is why he lost the round.
              Last edited by danktrees; 05-07-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Having watched the fight a few times, Mayweather won "clearly" but the fight was a lot closer than the scorecards indicated. In losing Cotto proved that he is also a great fighter.

Comment

well i dont think anyone thought of FLoyd as invincible that would be a stretch. More think Pac as invincible now, even though hes lost before.

But Cotto was the champ and Floyd didnt do enough for me. Floyd scores more because his punches dont hurt and Cotto didnt even need to defend them. I think some of those body punches, Cotto just gave Floyd free shots as they had no effect. Floyd on the other hand has to defend every punch as each one can ko him.

Comment

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
                    dear Pedro, in order to prove that floyd is not invincible, you have to beat him. Your fighter didn't do that and clearly lost the fight. Just because he put up a decent fight doesn't mean you proved that floyd is not invincible, it just means your fighter put up a good fight. That is all.

as for the scoring...for anyone that says it was much closer, I believe you're succumbing to the floyd syndrome. As max kellerman has stated in the past, because floyd is so hard to hit and rarely takes any punishment, when guys actually manage to land shots on him it seems to be a bigger deal than it actually is. In many cases the crowd is jumping on its feet when floyd takes a shot and the neglect the fact that floyd pre-ceeded AND followed up with numerous shots of his own. Just because he took a few shots or that cotto would put on a flurry at some point during a round does not mean floyd lost the round. Often in that fight floyd would win 2 minutes and 30 seconds of that round then cotto comes on a bit, especially towards the end of the round, and everyone seems to go crazy and give him the round. That's not how boxing is scored. Cotto put up a fight but got worked and lost that fight by clear YOU'D. The judges were spot on. Cotto won 2 rounds and had 1 or 2 other rounds that could have been considered his cuz they were close but that's about it.
                    He won 3-4 rounds. Judges were biased.

Sorry but no, 2 rounds is way off. Even Compubox wasn't counting some of the decent body work Cotto was putting in.

Look, no one is arguing Floyd is a level above Cotto, but the cards were wack.

At least two of the first four rounds should be in contention, just on activity, agression, and body work from Cotto. To say he only won the two middle rounds is total BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      That has been revised. EIther way Cotto did well.
                      What was revised?

Your little story of Cotto going to the hospital or Dan Rafael's correctly saying he was in his suite.

Comment

Working...
                      X