Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had it 7 rounds for Floyd and one round a draw.

Major props to Cotto. Outstanding performance by the Puerto Rican, he gave it everything he had and some more but Floyd is simply in another class.

Floyd could have comfortably boxed from the outside all night and dominated the fight but for whatever reason he kept placing himself on the ropes.

Hopefully Pacroid signs the damn contract so he can get his ass whooped next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
      If Cotto felt he got robbed then why did he walk out the ring and didn't even want a interview? Don't you think he would cry foul? He knew he lost. Why are people such haters man.
      I'm sure he thought he won the fight, was exhausted after 12 hard rounds with a great fighter, and was very disappoionted with the wide scores.

He fought a hell of a fight, as did Floyd. Hats off to both fighters in a great bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Ill View Post
        no they are not... i also have it for cotto 7- 5.... floyd was'nt doing much..yes he avoided a lot but he never gave out anything , he was just too inactive ...
        I'm not going to sit here and argue with you. Troll's will be troll's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          God some people had it way too close.

I should bump teh thread where I said "People overreact when Floyd is on the ropes".

118-110 if you favored Floyd mostly.
          117-111 being the most neutral.
          116-112 if you favored Cotto mostly.

Anything else was way way way off.
          Agreed. I had it 117-111. What srprised me were how competitive most of the rounds were, not that cotto was winning them. No chance now floyd fights martinez at 154. Zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Dynamite View Post
            Why? Bradly is really a 140lb fighter, so why wouldn't Floyd want any if Pacquaio beats him?
            Pacquiao is really a 140 lb fighter and Floyd don't want none.

Comment

• I'm still pumped!!! Awesome fight!

Comment

• The results tonight just showed why FIGHTS HAVE TO BE FOUGHT IN THE RING. NOT ON PAPER.

What happened tonight bodes well for pac's chances against floyd.

Floyd can be got with the straight left (his weakness) and a well timed right hook to the body. That whole right side is wide open whenever floyd goes to the shoulder roll.

Zab Judah, Demarcus Corley, and now miguel Cotto put hands on floyd using the straight left.

& with floyd's ever increasing propensity to go to the ropes, pac's chances to beat floyd has grown immensely tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
                  wow really? regardless im proud of cotto's performance tonight. great job by diaz also, he did a good job with cotto.
                  Yeah I think Cotto did great. His defence was the best I ever seen from him. I was expecting him to get hit with that right hand more and he did not. It was a 115-113 or 116-112 fight for Mayweather.

Comment

• Wow, the ignorance here is incredible. So because Cotto gave a great fight to Maqy now Pac kills mayweather? Wow, stupid *******s, dont you think theres a reason Pac wanted no part of Cotto at anything above 147? Imagine @ 154. Also, Cotto is a much better boxer then Pacquiao that can adapt and change styles mid fight. You forgot on how a smaller less skilled Marquez gave hell to Pac? Floyd is bigger and a better counter puncher then Marquez so stop smoking that crap you are smoking. Tell your god to fight either Floyd at any weight or Cotto @ 154.

Comment

• floyds a great fighter but obviously he isnt made for 154

he should be happy he didnt take the martinez fight honestly

he ducked paul williams for years but thats obviously a smart move because paul would snipe his ass- no version of floyd could ever have beaten williams or martinez

Comment

Working...
                      X