No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fistic View Post
    By the way, were are all the idiots that said Cotto was going to get "Gatti'd"?
    those are mayweather ***riders they are out partying like they won something tonight..

they act like the did something

its weird

good clear win by floyd but struggled and held a lot

pac and martinez too much for floyd

Comment

• yeah floyd is great. he definitely will school pacquiao easy. just ask floyd to be man enough and fight pacquiao, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrel View Post
        Scorecards were **** on.

Cotto wasn't landing most his punches. Even when pushing he fight an taking Mayweather to the ropes he was coming off second best. You guys are letting your dislike of Floyd cloud your judgement, he won 8-4.
        I agree with the 8-4...yet you say the scorecards were **** on...and yet none of them reflect 8-4.

Yes cotto's offense was stifled...but so was 'the pinpointer' mayweathers offense, landing at a percentage quite below what he usually does. Other than that i agree, miguel fought a great fight, mayweather is just that much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          i had it 8-4 mayweather but i could hav easily given cotto a couple of close rounds.
          All the guys who have beaten Cotto had to put in serious work to do it. All those people who compared him to Gatti before this fight were rightly pointed out as idiots and should slap themselves as soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Cotto won rounds 6 and 8, I could maybe see one more, maybe.

Round 5, yes Cotto had Floyd on the ropes, but he got busted up by Floyd's counters while he had there, and Floyd ended up out landing by a significant margin.

One thing is for sure, though Victor Ortiz was a good fight against the #2 WW and he's a good fighter, Miguel Cotto was a tougher test at 154 than Ortiz at 147 was.
            How about Round 3?

Round 3 and 5 were Mayweather rounds.

I think 6 and 8 were Cotto rounds and possibly round 7 or 9 I can't remember which one.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
              oh god just shut Floyd could've done this, Floyd could've done that "if he wanted to". let me guess Floyd could've stopped bleeding also "if he wanted to" XDD Floyd was missin like crazy.. "cuz he wanted to". Canelo landed 54% cuz he wanted to! LOL i ain't gon lie Floyd did his thing in the 12th. he turned his Roy Ali on! and doesn't Latimore spar wit Mayweather

Floyd normally don`t stay in the corner purposely and he just wanted to give the fans a more crowd pleasing style.Floyd was "missing like crazy" but Floyd was also landing like crazy and Cotto was also missing like crazy and alot of the punches he landed was not even clean.

Floyd still dominated the fight so you could b.s all you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by juneaki View Post
                yeah floyd is great. he definitely will school pacquiao easy. just ask floyd to be man enough and fight pacquiao, please.
                Floyd be stackin' the excuses up not to fight Pacquiao. It won't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baracka Flocka View Post
                  Cotto's Defense in this fight was Very Very Impressive.

Props to Pedro Diaz, Floyd Could not get off his Missle Straight Right like he normally could have.

Hard fought fight, in my Emanuel Steward impression "Just As I thought"

Cotto came to fight. Floyd was just the better man.

Good account from both fighters.
                  I agree cotto showed a pretty good defense for much of the fight. floyd only landed 25% of his punches.

Comment

• Great UD by Mayweather.

Arum put on blast loolllll.

Comment

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                      Cotto is a better technical fighter than Pac, and that's why Pac destroyed him.

Brilliant.
                      No it was because he was 10 pounds lighter and drained , this Cotto was strong and had lots of stamina , Cotto is a better technical fighter than Pac , Manny will be an easy night for Floyd he is just too good every where .

Comment

Working...
                      X