No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
    Cotto gave Mayweather a tough scrap. May was also a lot classier then what we're used to seeing
    Cotto humblized his azz. besides that asswhoppin is just what May needs to get through prison!

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
      Floyd got the early rounds by default, he didn't do much in those rounds but squirm around. Tbh, anyone who says Cotto won isn't blind. I think many of us get fed by HBO, Box Nation or whatever and they give us the assertion that Mayweather is dominating. I think Mayweather won, but 115-113 sounds about right, I thought even a draw would be appropriate.
      They were deepthroating floyd hard at the beginning of the fight. None of the replays they would show were connects by cotto, only floyd.

Brb, 'cotto isnt really landing anything'....as we are looking at floyds nose leaking

Comment

• Originally posted by ihatebobarum View Post
        long story short people, mayweather made the fight closer than it should of been for whatever reasons. if he stayed in the middle it would of been more of a one sided fight.
        ^^^ this. i completely agree

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          That's a awful card, Cliff.

3 and 5 for Cotto?
          I felt 3 was fairly even although if forced to score it one way or the other I'd have given it to Mayweather

R.1 - Even (adv FMJ)
          R.2 - FMJ
          R.3 - Even (adv FMJ)
          R.4 - FMJ
          R.5 - FMJ
          R.6 - Cotto
          R.7 - FMJ
          R.8 - Cotto
          R.9 - Even (adv FMJ)
          R.10 - FMJ
          R.11 - Even (adv Cotto)
          R.12 - FMJ

6 rounds to FMJ, 2 to Cotto and 4 even

Comment

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
            Cotto is a better technical fighter than Pac, and that's why Pac destroyed him.

Brilliant.
            Who was better technically Vernon Forrest or Ricardo Mayorga?

Comment

• this fight bodes real well for pac's chances vs floyd.

Floyd once again touched up by the straight left + new and ever increasing propensity of lying in the ropes

= deathwish vs pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                No it was because he was 10 pounds lighter and drained , this Cotto was strong and had lots of stamina , Cotto is a better technical fighter than Pac , Manny will be an easy night for Floyd he is just too good every where .
                The Cotto that Mayweather fought was 3 years older than what Pacquiao faced and 4 years older than when Floyd should've fought him before going on vacation.

What's worse? 2 pounds or 3-4 years?
                Last edited by spoonwars; 05-06-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
                  Floyd got the early rounds by default, he didn't do much in those rounds but squirm around. Tbh, anyone who says Cotto won isn't blind. I think many of us get fed by HBO, Box Nation or whatever and they give us the assertion that Mayweather is dominating. I think Mayweather won, but 115-113 sounds about right, I thought even a draw would be appropriate.
                  I agree with alot of wut u said, i had it 7-5 for mayweather but will have to rewatch the fight

Comment

• To beat Floyd, you have to pressre him and trap him on the ropes, effectively cut the ring off, and don't let him get off, and it helps to be bigger than him.

The reason Manny won't beat him is because he can't cut the ring and isn't bigger then Floyd, he won't be able to muscle him like Castillo did in the 2nd half of their fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      It's not awful and well in line with plenty. 3 was very close, 5 Lederman scored for Cotto and I thought it was clear (and agreed).

Here's my RbR (did it for CBZ). Feel free to disagree. Wouldn't be the first time:

Round One

Good feeling out round...Mayweather blocking well and landing some good jabs...Cotto had some answers late and came at the body...Mayweather with some swift counters.

Mayweather 10-9

Round Two

One of the better action rounds of Mayweather's career...Maywweather fought largely off the ropes..won the first half of the round and they contested hot down the stretch...Cotto landed some nice hooks...Mayweather cleaner.

Mayweather 20-18

Round Three

Cotto had a solid frame, counter jabbing and landing some nice body shots...Mayweather countered well early but was outboxed in spots down the stretch.

Mayweather 29-28

Round Four

Early on, a clinic of Mayweather right hands...Cotto landed some nice stuff to the body in the last thirty seconds, but not enough to steal the frame.

Mayweather 39-37

Round Five

Really good, hard round...Cotto on top of Mayweather for long stretches...blocking better than in previous rounds, but still getting touched...caught Mayweather to the head and body well...May closed strong...Cotto round.

Mayweather 48-47

Round Six

Less eventful round...Cotto went boxer after landing some heavy body shots...Floyd' bloodied up on the nose...maybe Cotto's clearest round so far...all even.

57-57

Round Seven

Cotto went back to pressing and had some luck taking the right hand away for stretches...Mayweather won with nice combo punching in the second half.

Mayweather 67-66

Round Eight

Awesome round...Mayweather tatooing him off the ropes early...Cotto came on and worked him to the body...rough round and Cotto's.

Even 76-76

Round Nine

Mayweather holding more this round...Cotto controlled much of the round but Floyd had a strong late rally...Not enough to swing it.

Cotto 86-85

Round Ten

Bit of a rally round for Mayweather...Cotto still did good body work, but Mayweather found the target well and did the better work over 3 minutes.

Even 95-95

Round Eleven

Another solid frame...Cotto had moments but Mayweather was a step ahead with a strong, clean punching finish.

Floyd 105-104

Round Twelve

Floyd had a masterful final round...had Cotto ready to go but Miguel held to finish...best battle of Floyd's career.

Floyd 115-113

Official scores: 117-111 twice, 118-110 for Mayweather
                      It was a very very good fight. Floyd is just Floyd. He's just too good. But I think Cotto did a good job and a 116-112 looks more like it than a 118-110.

Comment

Working...
                      X