• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great fight

I'm happy cotto come to fight and show every1 he not done

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      Had it 115-113 for Mayweather (3,5,6,8,9 to Cotto) but I can see where some had as wide as 10-2. One of those fights where it was hellacious competitive either way. May found his next gear in the championship rounds like he did in Castillo II. Chin and heart re-affirming for Floyd. Redemption in defeat for Cotto.
      That's a awful card, Cliff.

3 and 5 for Cotto?

Comment

• Originally posted by trufightfanatic View Post
        So many of you are complaining about the scorecard being too wide, they gave Floyd all of the close rds etc. What ultimately matters is that the right man got his hand raised at the end. I personally felt Mayweather won this fight going away , best case I can GIVE my man Cotto 3 rds. What we have to remember is that a fight is scored 1 round at a time. In a close round the nod depends on what that judge prefers to see from a fighter such as defense, more punches thrown or landed, who controlled the action etc. sometimes close rounds are won inside of the last round by who closed the round better. Harold Letterman likes to say which fighter would you least like to have been in that round and score it for the other guy.
        People have a tendacy to look at the whole fight without scoring any rounds then say this fighter had to have won more rounds than that. Bottom line Mayweather dominated in terms of rounds won and should have. He just didn't dominate Cotto during the course of alot of those rounds but he still won them. Also I think Oscar is going to start trying to make Cotto -Canelo tommorow morning.
        This is exactly how I view it. Round by round, I believe Floyd won nine rounds pretty clearly, and probably one more. Cotto bullied Floyd (did his best Carlos Molina impression) and landed the occasional jab that surprised Floyd. Every flurry from Cotto and every surprising jab elicited a reaction from the crowd, and I'm sure from fans watching home. But, you can see that Floyd avoided most of what Cotto was offering and countered well off the ropes. In the middle of the ring, Mayweather won almost every minute. The thing with Floyd is, if he gets caught a couple of times and doesn't embarrass his opponent, viewers mentally score it as a win for the opponent. Sometimes Floyd just does his thing defensively (even in tight spaces) and outpoints an opponent. That's what he did to Oscar. That's what he did to Cotto.

As an aside, many are comparing the Cotto/Pac fight to this fight. Cotto hit Pacquiao A LOT in that fight. Pacquiao was busted up, too. That fight has often been cited by those who believe Pacquiao is taking performance enhancing drugs because of all of the punches he walked through.

Good fight. I will say that I believe Mayweather looked a little too comfortable against the ropes -- a little too James Toney or old-man-Roy Jones. It wasn't quite the same as the De La Hoya fight, where Mayweather still seemed to have spring in his step, even a nervousness about him. As a Mayweather fan, I almost want to see him retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by rampaging
          Cry me a river, ur boy got rammed senseless like a puerto rican whoere,

fight wasnt even close, u stans ar delusional
          i picked floyd to win 10 rounds with a 12th round stoppage and i was almost right..

my boy?

haha

go party like you did something

Comment

• Cotto got the weight he wanted, the gloves he wanted and a lopside loss that he didn't want. So many of you are complaining about the scorecard being too wide, they gave Floyd all of the close rds etc. What ultimately matters is that the right man got his hand raised at the end. I personally felt Mayweather won this fight going away , best case I can GIVE my man Cotto 3 rds. What we have to remember is that a fight is scored 1 round at a time. In a close round the nod depends on what that judge prefers to see from a fighter such as defense, more punches thrown or landed, who controlled the action etc. sometimes close rounds are won inside of the last round by who closed the round better. Harold Letterman likes to say which fighter would you least like to have been in that round and score it for the other guy.
            People have a tendacy to look at the whole fight without scoring any rounds then say this fighter had to have won more rounds than that. Bottom line Mayweather dominated in terms of rounds won and should have. He just didn't dominate Cotto during the course of alot of those rounds but he still won them. Also I think Oscar is going to start trying to make Cotto -Canelo tommorow morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              Great fight. Cotto made it competitive and stole more rounds than I thought he would have and was in rounds late when I thought he'd have been completely outclassed. Floyd got humbled. It's that simple. He isn't some mythical boxing unicorn that can cast a magical knockout spell on Cotto.
              Lay off the sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                Wow...technical explanation genius.

Floyd "got" one of the best minds... and he did his thing, eh?

Mayweather would be so much more enjoyable without his illiterate, dumbass fans.
                you know you hit a nerve when a person's only comeback is grammar,he adjusted in each of those fight and secured the win.You act as if he will just take the left hand and hope they miss.He had no problem with the left hand the last three rounds

Comment

• Cotto really impressed me tonight, I didn't know he had that much left in the tank. This wasn't Floyd's best performance but he got the job done. Floyd just doesn't appear to be the same fighter above 147. He's really a true WW and nothing more. Martinez would probably be too much for Floyd in large part because of the weight imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puya View Post
                    it was helluva way closer than those bs score cards that's for sure.
                    You better watch it again , Cotto missed 90% , Floyd gets a blood nose any you idiots think it was close lol .

Comment

• is miguel cotto now floyd's best win?

or is it still diego?

this fight bodes well for pac's chances.

Comment

Working...
                      X