No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Goes To War, Defeats Cotto in Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I had it 118-110 aswell. Gave Cotto round 6 and 8.

Saw flashes of a 130 Mayweather tonight. Thought it was great. I'm re watching it right now

Credit to weeks for letting them fight and Mayweather didn't back down, he gave it right back.

Only time Cotto had success was when they stood and fought.
    I don't see why people are saying Floyd has slowed??? Miguel only had success when he trapped Floyd on the ropes, what I thought would happen from time to time. And even then, Floyd dipped and dodged most of the punches, and countered Cotto a ton off the ropes.

I thought he looked the same as the Mosley and Ortiz fights, how about you???

Comment

• Had it 115-113 for Mayweather (3,5,6,8,9 to Cotto) but I can see where some had as wide as 10-2. One of those fights where it was hellacious competitive either way. May found his next gear in the championship rounds like he did in Castillo II. Chin and heart re-affirming for Floyd. Redemption in defeat for Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slick561 View Post
        Yea and yet they all Lost when he changed up and adapted,you think he will just sit there and not do a thing.FLoyd got one of the best minds defensively in the game since whitaker..He adjusted in all those fights and did his thing
        Wow...technical explanation genius.

Floyd "got" one of the best minds... and he did his thing, eh?

Mayweather would be so much more enjoyable without his illiterate, dumbass fans.

Comment

• Great fight. NO ONE IS BEATING MAYWEATHER and that includes PAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
            Sure.. But Pac has a very good left hand lead, which is also how you can connect to Floyd's defense...
            he couldn't land it against marquez, and we all know Floyd is Marquez times ten

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              That straight left will be a problem, but Martinez and all southpaws still get it with the right hand all the time, and Sergio isn't fighting with his hands down against Floyd, he just isn't. That'd still an interesting fight.

The best shot to beat Floyd is to trap him on the ropes and pressure him, don't let him get off. That isn't Sergio's style.

Mayweather won a comfortable wide UD, what I thought he would. He looked the same as the Ortiz and Mosley fights.
              one thing that has to be taken into account is the way floyd fights southpaws esp. tonite he did not use his highguard once in the fight. why not? i dunno, guess he felt he didnt need it, but i guarantee u he will against martinez. so what was avaliable against cotto wont be as easy against a southpaw martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
                am I the only one who felt Cotto won this fight and got robbed?
                it was helluva way closer than those bs score cards that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teri View Post
                  Didn't pac want cotto this year?
                  he wanted cotto at acatchweight of 146, he wouldnt go near the 150-154 that cotto wanted, thats the thing with manny, hes always trying to drain his opponents, good thing cotto didnt fall for it the 2nd time

Comment

• People dont realize how much the weight brought Cotto into this fight and how much it took him out of Pacs fight , Floyd will school Pac badly , it wont be close , Pac will not be able to deal with those angles and Floyds physical strength .

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      That straight left will be a problem, but Martinez and all southpaws still get it with the right hand all the time, and Sergio isn't fighting with his hands down against Floyd, he just isn't. That'd still an interesting fight.

The best shot to beat Floyd is to trap him on the ropes and pressure him, don't let him get off. That isn't Sergio's style.

Mayweather won a comfortable wide UD, what I thought he would. He looked the same as the Ortiz and Mosley fights.
                      Grustler is 100 percent right. Martinez handily beats pacquiao (by ko) and mayweather at 154. He's faster than mayweather. He hitsway harder, and is a southpaw. Not sure what mayweather could even do to martinez at 154. Mayweather's footspeed is way too slow vs. Martinez and his reach too small.

Comment

Working...
                      X