No announcement yet.

How Far will Mayweather Promotions go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
    Mayweather Promotions will go as far as Golden Boy lets them.

Mayweather is a big time seller, he can't do it himself so Golden Boy does it for him. What makes you think he is going to do any good numbers when he has to promote another fighter like Jesse Vargas or Dirrell ? Bust.
    I was thinking the same thing.......not to mention vargas ain't that good

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
      Mayweather Promotions will go as far as Golden Boy lets them.

Mayweather is a big time seller, he can't do it himself so Golden Boy does it for him. What makes you think he is going to do any good numbers when he has to promote another fighter like Jesse Vargas or Dirrell ? Bust.
      Originally posted by commodus View Post
      I was thinking the same thing.......not to mention vargas ain't that good
      I wonder if you guys would have said this 9 or 10 years ago about Golden Boy.

That it would go as far as Top Rank would let them. Oscar is a big time seller, he can't do it himself, so Top Rank does it for him. What makes you think he is going to do any good numbers when he has to promoter another fighter like Raul Marquez or Larios? Bust.

I was thinking the same thing........Not to mention Larios ain't that good.

That is how you guys would have sound like 10 years ago. I don't understand why some of you guys think it can't grow. Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        I wonder if you guys would have said this 9 or 10 years ago about Golden Boy.

That it would go as far as Top Rank would let them. Oscar is a big time seller, he can't do it himself, so Top Rank does it for him. What makes you think he is going to do any good numbers when he has to promoter another fighter like Raul Marquez or Larios? Bust.

I was thinking the same thing........Not to mention Larios ain't that good.

That is how you guys would have sound like 10 years ago. I don't understand why some of you guys think it can't grow. Please explain.
        Golden Boy in a matter of less then 5 years was already doing shows and PPV's

mayweather promotions hasn't done jack **** in 6 years since he left top rank and philty rich records crumbled too

Comment

Not very far if Mayweather doesn't get his money management in order.

Comment

if floyd worked on it he could be one of the biggest promoters in future and as much as they dislike each other floyd and oscar know how to talk business and they'd put thier best fighters up against each other unlike top rank who only fight guys from the same stable

Comment

The idea of Mayweather Promotions being a big player in boxing is very scary to me. I honestly fear for the future of the sport if that were to happen.

I mean, their first significant achievement was ensuring Gamboa is benched for the next couple of years.

And look at the head of his company. Floyd Mayweather, a racist, insecure man-child who defines success purely by money.

You think he'll give us great fights?

Comment

Depends on how much they push it, Floyd a big enough name now to create interest like Golden Boy and they seem to have the money now and know enough about promoting fights to make it far, but it depends on how much they push making it as a promotional company, if they push it loads then I think they definitely have the potential, if not then it will just be used as a banner to promote Mayweather fights and a couple other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  I think Mayweather is going to be a EXCELLENT PROMOTER, especially if he is serious about taking care of his Boxers
                  Yes I TOTALLY see Mayweather PROMOTIONS giving us classic fight AFTER classic fight, real COMPETITIVE match-ups.

I CANNOT wait!

Comment

who does money may have right now? j leon love?

Comment

there really are some dumb muthafu.ccas on this site.

Have u ever noticed that every major star has their own promotions company, even when they are under a promoter??

this is because by having a company which is responsible for their promotions they are able to get a bigger cut of thier earnings from each fight

think about how many fights you've seen where they say in association with this promotion and that promotion..... why do you think this is the case ??? for fun??

Floyd really isnt interested in FM promotions beyond its ability to make him money..... and I dont see anything to suggest otherwise

PEople need to grow up learn how to think like adults up in here

Highest paid athelete who reguarly tells us he got the best deal in boxing (mainly coz he eliminates middlemen) and you are talking about his "money managment" !?!?!????

GTFOH

Comment

Working...
                      X