How Far will Mayweather Promotions go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    DBE level is harder than GBP level IMO.

GBP I guess it's bigger but what's so funny on getting on that level?

Golden Boy is more of a network than a promoter. Golden Boy rarely comes out of pocket to make an event maybe just once or twice in their existence. Main Events, DBE, TR, these promoters come out of their own pocket to make events. They actually promote. They don't fallback on networks. Golden Boy without their network deals that they got while Oscar was fighting are really shit.

So why couldn't Floyd get on that level? And, he's good with the networks just like Golden Boy is because of Al Haymon is good with the networks. So it's not out of the question for it to get on that level.

Listen to Dibella talk about Golden Boy and the difference between a promotional company like Top Rank and a "promotional company" like Golden Boy. It's on the boxing lab archives. As Eaner0919 for a link or something.

You would get an idea how overrated Golden Boy is as a promotional company. But, to be fair to Golden Boy they're still a young company, very young, just a 10 yr old company. Floyd can get on that level if he truly wants it and truly goes for it. If he's lazy with it and not really interesting in pursuing such thing then yea he won't. We will see in 10 years where Mayweather promotions is at.

I don't think it would get close to Top Rank level though, but again Top Rank been around for decades that's a brand a machine. It isn't slowing down. and it's still far ahead of other promotional companies.
    ironic youre saying this when talking about dibella... lololol..... the guy who only depended on hbo for martinez fights instead of having him fight out of his pocket ... which isnt what lead to him being strip..... dibella could of gone the arum route and made the fight a ppv, but instead he chose to let martinez get stripped so he can get a network deal form hbo...

check....... mate

Comment

Can't say yet... looks alright now

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
        pretty sure it's messi or ronaldo people can only speculate what messi makes and it's reportedly a lot more then what you posted mayweather makes
        Haha you coming with rumors. Bring facts or dont challenge my statements.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
          Haha you coming with rumors. Bring facts or dont challenge my statements.
          LMAO ''Challenge my statements'' it's the internet and not that serious...

BTW ronaldo's net worth>>>Floyds so take from that what you will

Comment

his fighters will have limited options on who to face i doubt arum will want to work with Floyd and vice versa also i have see Richard and Oscar not working with Floyd since they won't need him anymore like they do now
            Exactly....Oscar has been the only successful boxer who started a promotional company. What about Floyd's philthy rich records? Lol

Comment

Mayweather Promotions will go as far as Golden Boy lets them.

Mayweather is a big time seller, he can't do it himself so Golden Boy does it for him. What makes you think he is going to do any good numbers when he has to promote another fighter like Jesse Vargas or Dirrell ? Bust.

Comment

I hope it goes far....alot of black fighters and not enough black owned promotional companies....I think DK is the only brother doing it like that atm

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
                  Mayweather Promotions will go as far as Golden Boy lets them.

Mayweather is a big time seller, he can't do it himself so Golden Boy does it for him. What makes you think he is going to do any good numbers when he has to promote another fighter like Jesse Vargas or Dirrell ? Bust.
                  just attended a seminar on that type of talk^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
                    True that he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be great at business.
                    pretty sure Messi and Ronaldo get paid more reportedly....but whatever i don't really care

in any case Messi and CR9 are going to end there careers with more money then Floyd

Comment

Not far. Nobody wants to see fighters fight overmatched opponents which seems to be floyd's ideal. People want to see great fights between great fighters.

Top Ran >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mayweather Promo

Comment

Working...
                      X