Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More shocking. Floyd ko'd by Cotto in the 1st round or Tyson ko'd by Buster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
    That's a tough one but I'd say Floyd. Tyson's style changed and he was getting hit a little more than usual. Floyd on the other hand has gotten better with his style and shows no decline.
    Really? Because I'm pretty sure I just saw Floyd get buckled twice in a row from a 39 yr old fighter who hadn't been in the ring in damn near a year and a half, and only went 4 rounds since then.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      True Verse. Though expect 90% of the "we don't read" posters here to overlook that part of your question.
      They usually do. 1st round is huge if happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        floyd 7-1 favorite. Tyson 25-1.
        Tyson was like 46-1 fav

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          floyd 7-1 favorite. Tyson 25-1.
          Douglas was actually a 42 to 1 underdog. Not even first round KO from Mayweather would probably come close.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
            Really? Because I'm pretty sure I just saw Floyd get buckled twice in a row from a 39 yr old fighter who hadn't been in the ring in damn near a year and a half, and only went 4 rounds since then.
            Yeah he did, you're right. Not even close to Tyson getting rocked by Frank Bruno.

5:05. In the 1st round.

Comment

Usually the odds on picking a round for a KO in early rds, especially the first, would be upwards of 35/40-1.

So that puts it right there with the 42-1 odds Douglas faced. But even if Floyd gets blitzed in the 1st, I am not sure if I'd be as shocked as I was when Tyson lost.

It's easy to look now at the events that led up to the Tyson loss...and I wont sit here and argue Douglas is better than Cotto but i dont care what anyone says he had skills no dedication whatsoever. the fight prior to Tyson in with Oliver McCall was another good performance of his imo. the skill of even buster freaking douglas leaps out of the screen in those fights after watching some of the heavies around now.

Comment

Tyson was a 40-1 favorite.

But even though none of us followed boxing back when that happened, I'd still say Floyd. I've never seen a fighter as good as him as long as I've lived, and I just don't see him losing to anybody unless he were to go up to 160 or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
                  Tyson was a 40-1 favorite.

But even though none of us followed boxing back when that happened, I'd still say Floyd. I've never seen a fighter as good as him as long as I've lived, and I just don't see him losing to anybody unless he were to go up to 160 or higher.
                  I'm telling you. It's just hard for me to see Mayweather lose in the first by KO. Of course Tyson being knocked out was huge but Tyson's defense and jab deteriorated. Although I still couldn't see him losing although I wasn't familiar back then. I was like 6. Haha

Comment

Odds of a first round KO are very high is because you have a very small chance to guess an exact outcome in 1/12 of fights possible time against an undefeated and big favorite.

THink about it.

A 40-1 odds for KO is the first round doesnt compare to a str8 bet of who will win at 46-1

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Nothing will ever be as shocking as the Tyson KO
                      That was the day the Earth Stood Still for a couple seconds...
                      but a
                      Cotto 1st round Ko,
                      believe me
                      that will become an official holiday
                      in Puerto Rico...I'm serious

Comment

Working...
                      X