No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Unsure if Miguel Cotto is Actually a New Man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
    C'mon, you know a fighter is shot when all he does in the ring is jitter.
    Shane started jittering after he got knocked down by vernon I believe, and he still wasnt shot!...Fighting Floyd will potentially change ANY fighter, because they start thinking they have ti improve after fighting him....they dont need to improve, its just that Floyd's style is very spontanious, confusing, and frustrating...so IF Ortiz tries to change after the Floyd fight, it might ruin him ...he may not be the same brawler he was once before...what if he is a more patient fighter, because he's scared of getting countered from now on?..When in actuality, the only fighter who can do to him what Floyd did, was Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      well well welll !!! what do you mayweather fans have to say about this latest admiossion from floyd !!!!!! he basically admits he is only fighting cotto now because hes damaged goods !!!!!! when i said it , you floyd fans claimed i was just being a hater , but now that you heard it straigt from the horses mouth , how will you justifie it !!!!!!!!
      Quit being a hater!

Comment

• You really have no choice jr, you don't have the same speed and legs anymore. jr's only choice is to stand your grounds and fight. Cotto will outbox jr like Margarito. If Cotto can manage his stamina, he'll win otherwise Jr will steal this fight..****, it's mayweather's promotion!

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Again, someone just discrediting Floyd. Now Mosley took 2 years off? I missed that somewhere. How did he take 2 years off when he fought Margarito at the end of Jan of 09 and fought Floyd on the 1st of May in 10? That means he only took of 15 months, not 2 years. It was a year and 3 months, thats it.

My point to you about the JMM fight is what you just said. You think that fight with JMM was a joke so how did that even prepare Floyd? It was nothing, right? Before the Moslye fight Floyd had 1 fight in 2 and a half years and that was the fight you called a joke but Floyd was the active one that was way more prepard? Joke
          Shane was off that long because he was trying his hardest to get Manny in the ring before he took the Berto fight and it got cancelled because of the earth quake. Pac ducked the $h!t out of Mosley according to Oxn.... A shot Shane but later fought him after Floyd and Mora. But Pac gets props for that? When Shane jumped in the ring all the naysayers were talking about Floyd was scared of Shane and wouldn't fight him. Wasn't hearing nothing about Shane being shot from NO ONE. Roach even said that Floyd would never fight Shane. It's a bunch of B!tches on boxingscene for real.

Comment

• Originally posted by iloveboxing2 View Post
            You really have no choice jr, you don't have the same speed and legs anymore. jr's only choice is to stand your grounds and fight. Cotto will outbox jr like Margarito. If Cotto can manage his stamina, he'll win otherwise Jr will steal this fight..****, it's mayweather's promotion!
            He doesn't move because no one forces him to move. Let's see Miguel try to take Floyd off out of his comfort zone. I highly doubt he does it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              A Floyd fight is a MISMATCH...Every Floyd fight is a mismatch thats number 1..number 2, Martinez just struggled with Macklin...him vs Floyd is a SUPER mismatch..number 3...Floyd is not even Obligated to Fight Martinez! Thats a bonus fight!..Him fighting cotto at 54' is different from him fighting a 60lber at 54..number 4...Martinez had a fight with Macklin, and Floyd was buisy trying to call out pac, going to court, trying to make the pac fight...He didnt price himself out of the pac fight, he called him PERSONALLY...he tried to make the fight HIS WAY...BUT, Martinez has never been an option anyways...its so many angles I can spank ya azz, Im just all over the place with my reply!
              I don't agree that Floyd would be a mismatch for Martinez. Sure Floyd can win but I give Martinez a good shot at winning or making it a tough fight for Mayweather. People talk about Barker and Macklin and how he struggled but Martinez is KO'n these guys who are bigger and legit middle weights. Pac and Floyd ain't KO'n all of their opponents. Even Floyd said Martinez has a great fighting style so if he ain't belittling and over looking Martinez then no one else should. I'm a fan of Floyd the fighter and haven't seen anyone that can bring it to him until Sergio Martinez. Style makes fights and Martinez is a problem.
              Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-30-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Damm this convo is still going.

Final thought, If you buy the fight good for you, youre a sucka, but good for you.

Comment

• Its your perogitive if you want to get jipped. WHos to say what someone should like?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    I didn't think Mayweather would ever fight Cotto due to Pac already fighting him, but if he went up to 154 to fight him, when there was not a better fight available right now, I don't see the issue with it. I was right about Pac trying to rematch Cotto at 147 lbs though, even though he's at 154 now, I called that awhile ago. I didn't think Floyd would fight Cotto because he'd be leaving himself open to the morons saying "Look who's fighting leftovers now", but he has. Cotto was still the best fight, aside from Manny which wasn't happening and Sergio who had a fight in March, at this time.

Cotto's hasn't been prime since the 1st Margarito fight, that's always been the case. He's been past his prime-still good since. Manny will get more credit for beating Cotto because he did it first, but Floyd should get his due for beating a past prime-still good Cotto as well. It's the same thing when talking about Ricky Hatton. Floyd should absolutely get more credit for beating a prime Hatton because he did it first. But Manny should still get his due for beating a past prime-still good Hatton, and he does, rightfully so.

I would have had an issue if Floyd fought Cotto at 147 or 150, than it's pointless and bulls**t to drag Cotto back down to 147 that he doesn't fight at, or a bulls**T 150 CW for a title. Pac was more likely to do something like that, and I was right about that, because that was Pac's first option.

Both Floyd an Manny are doing good fights this time around. The bottom line is that Bradley is Manny's first absolute prime opponent since Jorge Solis, who's not even clsoe to Bradley's level in terms of what they've done. This is Manny's best opponent selection probably since Marquez in 08', and his first actual legit opponent selection since Cotto/Clottey. That's the hard truth. The only fight was not acceptable at the time that Floyd was his Marquez fight, his first fight back in 21 months. He dominated JMM at 144, where we though he couldn't fight well. An even older JMM proved last November that Floyd does in fact deserve some credit for absolutely dominating him at the same weight that he arguably just beat Manny at.

Floyd and Pac aren't that much different in size, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. If Floyd is just too big for Pac, than that means you don't give him any credit for beating him if he did. It's unfair to say Floyd-JMM at 144 was crap but then say Pac-JMM was legit, it just is. There's no way you can spin that.
                    Stop bringing up Manny. It has nothing to do with him whether this is a good fight or not. You dont need to keep bringing him into the convo to make a point.

On its own merits, its a less than stellar fight.

And how many times do this need to be repeated? When Floyd fought Marquez he literally jumped 2 weight classes to fight a 146 pounder who cheated the scale, but atleast with Manny he worked his way up, fight after fight.

I know you guys will spin it once again and say well 144 is 144, nahahayayayaa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                      Its your perogitive if you want to get jipped. WHos to say what someone should like?
                      Your gonna get jipped too, since ur buying it! All of us are!

Comment

Working...
                      X