Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Please, God, Not Dawson-Ward: Review, Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should fight, they're both the best in their divisions and this fight is the next logical step.

Ward is not going to fight Bute outside of Oakland and Bute is not going to fight Ward in Oakland. The rest of the division was already defeated during super 6, and also Ward doesn't want to fight Dirrell (who hasn't done anything to deserve a title shot IMO)

Dawson already beat Hopkins and lost against Pascal. Cloud is limited and only has a puncher chance. Campillo could be a good fight but I don't think they're going to give him a chance because it could be potentially a tricky fight.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
      You should have read the piece instead of just the headline. Also, no one thought Hopkins-Jones I would suck when it happened and it isn't that historically significant. It's more of a 'here's two great fighters facing off before they quite emerged' type thing.

Dawson-Ward is fine...later. At least a couple fights later than now.
      im sorry dude your scorecard was crap. hopkins won more then 2 rounds your not giving him credit for all those right hands. he did some damage and busted chad up. it was a tough fight but he wasnt fighting that dirty even the 1 accidental headbutt was preceded by a big right hand that could have caused the cut.

Comment

Did I step into another dimension where Pascal/Dawson didn't happen? I see people claiming Dawson is the best 175 lber but he lost to Pascal only 3 fights ago. Fuck is wrong with y'all...

Comment

I don't think I said simmer. I don't think it will ever be a big $ fight minus whatever network subsidy they get. I am advocating they fight more aesthetically pleasing fights than each other period and, if they must fight, do it with some space from the Hopkins fights.

Dawson-Ward would be better than those, but not by enough to make me want to see it right now. If it happens, so be it. As noted, respect who and what they are as champions, but that doesn't make it necessary, especially considering how few dates, and how little relative $, there is.

This, if it happened now, would be the type of fight I love to see on PPV. let it be purchased by the interested because it likely won't make a single fan on subscriber budget.
          first of all dawsons not guaranteed to get past 1 defense. pascal could take his title if he dont duck the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Did I step into another dimension where Pascal/Dawson didn't happen? I see people claiming Dawson is the best 175 lber but he lost to Pascal only 3 fights ago. Fuck is wrong with y'all...
            yeah he needs to fight him asap to prove hes the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              first of all dawsons not guaranteed to get past 1 defense. pascal could take his title if he dont duck the fight.
              Agree. He should definitely try to get revenge first. And Hopkins really didn't win more than 2-3 rounds unless one bends over backwards. He fouled like crazy. I mean, even a blatant tackle when under fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                im sorry dude your scorecard was crap. hopkins won more then 2 rounds your not giving him credit for all those right hands. he did some damage and busted chad up. it was a tough fight but he wasnt fighting that dirty even the 1 accidental headbutt was preceded by a big right hand that could have caused the cut.
                Hopkins won three rounds tops. Two seems more accurate. He was fighting not to get hurt the entire fight and was lucky to have a lenient referee. The only controversy is the incompetent judge who scored it a draw.

Comment

Agree. He should definitely try to get revenge first. And Hopkins really didn't win more than 2-3 rounds unless one bends over backwards. He fouled like crazy. I mean, even a blatant tackle when under fire.
                  Hopkins should have had points taken away, as is often the case. But the referees always seem to hold him to a lower standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Hopkins should have had points taken away, as is often the case. But the referees always seem to hold him to a lower standard.
                    It's like a messy room...where to start? A lot of what he does is stoill subtle so harder to call.

Comment

he didnt foul that much and he landed many sharp right hands. he was in with a big physical guy. much bigger then him. it was a ruff fight. hopkins did some damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X