No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Please, God, Not Dawson-Ward: Review, Ratings Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    I don't think I said simmer. I don't think it will ever be a big $ fight minus whatever network subsidy they get. I am advocating they fight more aesthetically pleasing fights than each other period and, if they must fight, do it with some space from the Hopkins fights.

Dawson-Ward would be better than those, but not by enough to make me want to see it right now. If it happens, so be it. As noted, respect who and what they are as champions, but that doesn't make it necessary, especially considering how few dates, and how little relative $, there is.

This, if it happened now, would be the type of fight I love to see on PPV. let it be purchased by the interested because it likely won't make a single fan on subscriber budget.

sorry man i but i don't think that's reason at all to delay it and i have a good feeling you wont find many who do.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
      After their fight in 93, neither RJ or BHop lost for over a decade. So who's to say they weremt in their primes or physical peaks when they fought? And it was simply US that didn't recognize their greatness.
      Naw. Hopkins still had to go on the road and get dropped twice by Mercado before he really started pulling it all together. Jones potential was recognized easily by then. People were frustrated by how slow he was in developing because it was so obvious. Sorry, the most historically relevant fights of 1993 were things like Bowe-Holy II and Carbajal-Gonzalez. Jones-Hopkins is nice to have in the bag but almost no one thinks they were at their best yet...because they weren't. That takes away from the match.

This would be much more relevant. If it was going to cost HBO or Showtime what Jones-Hopkins did, I might be more for it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Dawson's the man at 175 and Ward is the man at 168.

Both are in their prime.

I'd love to see it right now. Whether it be boring or not it's a fight that needs to happen.

Down the line, or now.

exactly...

it's a boring fight in their primes..

let's wait a few years.

or it's a boring fight right now...
        lets wait two fights?

really?
        what the F#ck am i missing here

Comment

Meh, I rather see both have their clear supremacy in both respective division first.

I want to see Ward-Bute now, right now. That's the fight. Not Dawson, Ward-Bute. Without that fight there isn't any clear supremacy at 168.

I want to see Dawson vs the Winner of Cloud-Pascal first, right now. Not Ward. Winner of Cloud-Pascal. And, then maybe a Campillo. Or a Campillo first and then the winner of Cloud-Pascal.

Right now Ward-Bute and Dawson-Pascal/Cloud/Campillo are more important and meaningful fight than Ward-Dawson...I can wait for Ward-Dawon. Not sure if I can wait for Ward-Bute and Dawson-Pascal/Cloud/Campillo.

I'll pass on Ward-Dawson right now.

Comment

Personally I don't see how any true boxing fan couldn't want to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Personally I don't see how any true boxing fan couldn't want to see this fight.
              Because, there are better and more importantly meaningful fights out there for both fighters.

Comment

I wanna see Dawson fight a young elite dude in his prime....thats all!!..I don't care who it is!!....if he fights Ward..thats cool with me...if he does the Pascal-Cloud winner...thats cool as well

Comment

I'd like to see this fight. Another close ugly fight, 50-50 for me. Two of my favorite active fighters. Both are Ring Champions in their division, both in their 20s. The fight would most likely have more offense than B-Hop vs Dawson. They're only 1 weight class apart, Dawson says he would go down to 168 for the fight. It's just one of those fights that might be boring, but its better to see it than to not see it. In their prime too.

Devon vs Bradley was highly anticipated but it didn't live up to the hype, it was ugly. But we saw the fight. It happened in their prime, we saw who won. End of story. No "Devon ducked Bradley", "Bradley ducked Devon", childish arguments cause the fight happened.

Give me Ward vs Dawson on Showtime where the crew appreciates and praises all styles, unlike HBO. Give that match up over Mayweather-Cotto, Pacquaio-Margarito, Donaire-Mijares.

Comment

fans and boxing writers/reports (what ever) are full of ***** though, they complain about fighters not fighting the best but when Dawson wants to fight one of the best, I see/hear people complaining about it

Fans don't know WTF they want! I would love to see Dawson vs Ward, doesn't have to be the next fight for them but maybe sometime next year hopefully!

Ward gotta fight Bute if Bute beats Froch, then he has officially cleaned out the division, then after that maybe consider 175, but before fighting Dawson maybe try to get in a few fights at 175 FIRST, maybe fight Pascal or Cloud one of the other top contenders in that division...THEN FIGHT DAWSON!

But I think that fight would be much better fight because Ward would throw more punches then B-Hop did

Comment

**** Bute. The guy who fights top fighters coming off losses. ****ing Manny Pacquiao of the Super middleweight division, even more of a **** fighter. Both Dawson and Ward beat Bute. Bute should go on with his deal of 8 fights against Froch, 4 in Nottingham, 4 in Quebec. They can just kill eachother there, make a name for themselves fighting each other's bum a*ses.

Give me Dawson-Ward, Dirrell, Hopkins, Pascal, Campillo vs eachother.

Overhyped, whack a*s fighter. Same people hyping the guy up will say "He's not as good as I thought he was" once he has 1 loss. And it would be hilarious if Froch beats him.

Comment

Working...
                      X