No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    yep, boxing fans these days are some haters plain and simple. Can't even give a man some props and hell, 47 years old....it's not an easy task.

couldnt said it better myself. internet tough guys and critics left and right. bernard did what no other fighter has done, and these little kids are bltchin about him still. dude is 47 years old and gave a 29 year old one hell of a fight, but still cant get his props. its truly unbelievable what goes on in some peoples heads. theres probly like 5-6 people on here that know boxing, and that number gets less and less each day. if you cant respect bhop, then you should switch sports!

Comment

clash of heads happen. I didn't see anything deliberate. Hopkins goes forward with his head, this is known, same will happen to pacquiao on june 6th. Just the way it goes in some fights.

and the lunging in and jumping on Dawson's back/neck just happened as well. Hopkins is one of the dirtiest fighters of all time. 95% of his fights are boring foul fests filled with flopping and crying. The sport will be better without him,

Comment

Out of respect for Hopkins I hope he retires. He's accomplished enough and there's no use to him just becoming an opponent.

Comment

have you seen cloud vs campillo? cloud is absolutely LOST when his opponent uses movement. I'd favor a 48-49 year old hopkins over cloud. Come forward fighters = win for hopkins.
          I know I'm in the minority, I just don't think Hopkins is capable of keeping Cloud away. Campillo was tagging Cloud with five and six punches and still couldn't completely keep him away. Hopkins probably wouldn't be doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            top notch words from a top notch poster!!...respect man!!!

I feel the same Natas....almost shed a man tear watching him walk back to the dressing room ...no secret, he's my alltime fav....he took some and gave some....EARNED the respect of fighter young enough to be his son and good enough to be considered top 5-10 P4P.....thats one badass 47 yr old....the man the legend!!
            hopkins is an amazing fighter at 47 he gave one of the best talents a rough fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Nothing about that fight and the after match was even respectable for Hopkins
              the fact that he won some rounds, went the full 12 rounds, took some hard shots and dished out a few of his own certainly is. you see what you want to see. this boxing, lots of different aspects of the game then simply throw lots of punches.

Comment

Seriously. Boxingscene has some of the unintelligent and childish people i've ever come accross.

I dont know if it's an American thing or what. But alot of you internet-heroes clearly have never left your home town.

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
                  Proud of what? That he blatantly fouled most of the fight. Opened two cuts with headbutts?

Got outclassed more then he has ever been in 2-3 of those rds?
                  look at his birth certificate...and then do the math...and then understand that the sport of boxing is a young man's sport...ok?...that would be cool if you took certain ish into consideration....when Holmes beat Ali....ah forget it!!...no need for all this!!...enjoy yourself hating...thats what haters do!!...have fun man!!

smh @ the Hopkins haters in a Hopkins appreciation thread...you dudes can take the rest of the night off....go get laid or something!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I know I'm in the minority, I just don't think Hopkins is capable of keeping Cloud away. Campillo was tagging Cloud with five and six punches and still couldn't completely keep him away. Hopkins probably wouldn't be doing that.
                    I don't know man maybe cuz he's so old I just see what hopkins does against guys like cloud who have high out-put he tends to cut their out-put in half or more. I don't see cloud being able handle all the lateral movement. wont happen though

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      couldnt said it better myself. internet tough guys and critics left and right. bernard did what no other fighter has done, and these little kids are bltchin about him still. dude is 47 years old and gave a 29 year old one hell of a fight, but still cant get his props. its truly unbelievable what goes on in some peoples heads. theres probly like 5-6 people on here that know boxing, and that number gets less and less each day. if you cant respect bhop, then you should switch sports!
                      can't respect blatant cheating.. sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X