No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
    hopkins looked pretty good other than chad not too many fighters i would pick to beat him at 175
    I'm sure a lot of people would disagree due to styles, but I think Tavoris Cloud would be the guy to stop Hopkins.

Comment

Proud of what? That he blatantly fouled most of the fight. Opened two cuts with headbutts?

Got outclassed more then he has ever been in 2-3 of those rds?

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
        Yea forreal. To the people in here *****ing, just STFU, I mean seriously. The man is 47 years old and hanged tough with a prime elite fighter and has beaten many others at his age. I mean, Christ can you people who do nothing but hate on him maybe show the man respect considering his career may be over? Nah, of course not given the fact most of Boxingscene these days is full of nothing but immature mentally challenged bandwagon jumpers.
        yep, boxing fans these days are some haters plain and simple. Can't even give a man some props and hell, 47 years old....it's not an easy task.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I'll stop the hate this night, he took the fight when he didn't have to, and he lost a guy he didn't have the tools to beat anymore. All the respect for an ATG career.

Whether he retires or not, he is a legend.
          top notch words from a top notch poster!!...respect man!!!

I feel the same Natas....almost shed a man tear watching him walk back to the dressing room ...no secret, he's my alltime fav....he took some and gave some....EARNED the respect of fighter young enough to be his son and good enough to be considered top 5-10 P4P.....thats one badass 47 yr old....the man the legend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
            Yea forreal. To the people in here *****ing, just STFU, I mean seriously. The man is 47 years old and hanged tough with a prime elite fighter and has beaten many others at his age. I mean, Christ can you people who do nothing but hate on him maybe show the man respect considering his career may be over? Nah, of course not given the fact most of Boxingscene these days is full of nothing but immature mentally challenged bandwagon jumpers.
            Lol you mad

And so is cry baby hopkins

Comment

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree due to styles, but I think Tavoris Cloud would be the guy to stop Hopkins.
              have you seen cloud vs campillo? cloud is absolutely LOST when his opponent uses movement. I'd favor a 48-49 year old hopkins over cloud. Come forward fighters = win for hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                he's old man, what do you expect? at least he didn't get stretched out like your boy against a bum
                Age doesnt matter to me, whether people wanting Canelo or hopkins to catch a break

You hold a belt so you're as equal as anybody else. Nothing about that fight and the after match was even respectable for Hopkins

Comment

Also, while I agree Dawson won, I didn't see this shut out dominant performance the HBO commentators saw and other people. Hopkins swiped a few rounds with good right hands and body shots. I don't know if some of you had a laggy/choppy stream or something but this fight was not some outclassing shut out by no means. Even the rounds Dawson won they were not clear cut, matter of fact I saw maybe 3 rounds where I said, that was a very good round for Dawson. Some of them were razor close considering the low punch output of both of them and the overall way the fight went down. I give Chad his due though, a good fighter no doubt.

Comment

really cloud???? cloud is extremely over rated

id pick hopkins in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      actually the cut over his right eye was caused by a punch, hbo showed the replay.
                      I'm sure it was helped by the numerous softening headbutts to the area.
                      What's good with that tackle and the repeated attempts at jumping on Dawson's back yet again?

Comment

Working...
                      X