No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    Slowing down by holding, head butting and fouling? He didn't do that by boxing.....Mayweather slows his opponents down with fundamental/skilled boxing and not by Continuous dirty tactics.....

I didnt expect anything from Hopkins that didn't happen last night.....

I am proud of Hopkins longevity but last night was just ugly and pathetic
    I expected Hopkins to use his experience, ring skills, counter punching, and outsmart Dawson. Instead he just fouled all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      I expected Hopkins to use his experience, ring skills, counter punching, and outsmart Dawson. Instead he just fouled all night.
      Hopkins power was non existent.....didn't effect Dawson at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        actually the cut over his right eye was caused by a punch, hbo showed the replay.
        What!?

I've been giving Hopkins major props for last nights performance, and was gonna come in here to praise him some more. But I read this. Hopkins clearly headbutted Dawson and rubbed his head on it.

A cut like that looks like a definite headbutt caused cut. That was no punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
          What!?

I've been giving Hopkins major props for last nights performance, and was gonna come in here to praise him some more. But I read this. Hopkins clearly headbutted Dawson and rubbed his head on it.

A cut like that looks like a definite headbutt caused cut. That was no punch.
          you're talking about his left eye. He had a small cut on his right eye that the HBO replay showed from a punch. The big cut on the other eye was clearly caused by the clash of heads. Dawson has scar tissue on that right eye from where he got that nasty cut from pascal.

maybe hbo was wrong but they showed a replay of a punch landed and said "here is where the cut started". again this was for the small cut, not the big cut.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 04-29-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
            Hopkins power was non existent.....didn't effect Dawson at all.
            His butting and wrestling is the only thing that did damage.
            If you can't do it anymore don't embarrass yourself.
            It is just going to damage his legacy like RJJ did to his.

Comment

you're talking about his left eye. He had a small cut on his right eye that the HBO replay showed from a punch. The big cut on the other eye was clearly caused by the clash of heads. Dawson has scar tissue on that right eye from where he got that nasty cut from pascal.

maybe hbo was wrong but they showed a replay of a punch landed and said "here is where the cut started". again this was for the small cut, not the big cut.
              Again, the replay didn't show that.

And, HBO were wrong. That punch did not open the cut you can clearly see he was cut before the punch landed.

However, I'm not sure what did cause the cut so I'm not ruling out it was a punch. But, it wasn't that punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Again, the replay didn't show that.

And, HBO were wrong. That punch did not open the cut you can clearly see he was cut before the punch landed.

However, I'm not sure what did cause the cut so I'm not ruling out it was a punch. But, it wasn't that punch.
                its possible I'm just going off the replay I saw live and what the hbo crew said. ill watch a replay eventually and see if I can spot the cut. hbo I wrong often enough so ill take your word for it.

Comment

its possible I'm just going off the replay I saw live and what the hbo crew said. ill watch a replay eventually and see if I can spot the cut. hbo I wrong often enough so ill take your word for it.
                  I haven't rewatched it either so I'm just going off the live showing so when you see it again let me know

I think the replay was of the quick jabs Hopkins threw (and landed) when he noticed Dawson was wiping his eye from the newly opened cut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    The guy is butting you, jumping on top of you and clinching every 1/2 sec. Chad probably suffered a concussion and it certainly wasnt from any of those good 3 punches hopkins landed all night
                    this poster, and many others on this site are just straight up pathetic moronic internet nerds. they have never competed at a high level in sports and they cum in their pants whenever they can rip on a fighter for something.

if you don't respect bernard hopkins, no one in boxing cares about your opinion. if clinching was cheating, every single fight would be a DQ because its a natural thing that happens in a fight especially if a guy has a head first lunging in style (Hopkins, Bradley, Ward, Pacquiao even, to name a few). none of Hops headbutts were deliberate, just watch he never pushed his head into Dawson, they just clash due to opposing movements.

Comment

• I thought Hopkins fought a great fight. When they touched gloves before round one I knew it was going to be a tough fight for BHop. Chad looked at least a weight division bigger, and proved to be way too strong; physically that is. Mentally, Chad looked vulnerable at times, which is what 'The Executioner' usually feasts on. Unfortunately, Hopkins just couldn't pull the trigger last night.

Hopkins can still compete with top light-heavies, but I hope he retires. He has nothing left to prove. War BHOP

Comment

Working...
                      X