Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
    LMAO, that's the best you can do after I OWNED you? SMH
    from what i remeber you said Pacq turned down the 50-50 offer. little do you know you just owned yourself dumbass!

Comment

• If they ever do fight it would be when it's pretty irrelevant ala Floyd-Cotto now and Pac-Mosley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        He said he'd take the lesser guarantee.
        whats up dirk. he actually never specified he just said he would take less to make the fight happen. and that was just another pr ploy devised by bob arum to make pac look like he really wanted the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          If they ever do fight it would be when it's pretty irrelevant ala Floyd-Cotto now and Pac-Mosley.
          i am afraid you may be right roman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I dont understand this new line about Manny losing to Marquez "killing the fight" because most of the Mayweather fans were crying bloody murder and duck when it seemed as though Pac was ducking the fight with Arum's excuses.

Now suddenly, they don't want the fight?
            No I want the fight, but the Marquez fight killed it for tons of people. I've just given up on the fight ever happening.....

Comment

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
              Your original point is that he formerly HAD tax problems, which is not true.

And it is indeed a small mistake because he still has tax problems. Even if he can cover it, it's still a big hit to him. It further validates the need for future big paydays. And paying past due taxes today are taxes from income at least before 2011. IRS hasn't even looked at 2011 yet. So I don't expect these problems to go away anytime soon.

And by the way, your original Floyd tax issue argument is dumb logic. Whether you or Floyd know or not, negotiating a 50-50 split is about the current market value of the fighters, NOT what Floyd owes or doesn't owe at the time. Using that argument only means you were supporting Floyd's ignorant point of view. Is that what you were doing? I hope not.

And since you were using that argument, do you know if Floyd's tax problems back in 2009 were more than 14 million? You should check because if they were much less, then you have no point. Even if he still owes 3mil in overdue taxes (and counting) and Pacquiao's market value is better than back in 2009 (which it is), then how are you going to argue that Floyd can play "hardball" now and offer less than 50-50?
              What I said is true he had very bad tax problems in the past, I didn't speak about his current situation except to say he is in better position, which he is~

3 million versus 14 million owed~ seems like a pretty big mistake to me when the one article which is linked to the one you posted made it clear the one was dealt with. Especially when you made a big deal about I back up what I say~

Are you really trying to argue this ****** tax shit, this isn't the IRS forum this is boxingscene. My point is clear and what I said is on point.

Negotiating is really about what position a person is in, if someone needs something they will settle while if they are in a better position they will try and get what they really want. That point is obviously lost on you. There are all kind of arguements that can get made, for example it is ****** that manny started at asking for 50/50 because that leaves no room to negotiate, usually the sides starts real high or low then meet somewhere inbetween.

So whatever bro, keep on spewing your garbage I'm done with you.
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

If they ever do fight it would be when it's pretty irrelevant ala Floyd-Cotto now and Pac-Mosley.
                Mayweather-Cotto > Pac-Mosley easily.

If Floyd beats Cotto, he still gets him on his resume while Cotto can still fight. After Mosley lost to Floyd, and proceeded to fight a draw with Mora, that meant NOTHING.

Comment

Yeah it's a dammed shame, after what Marquez just did to Pac and the fight happening in 2013 would mean very little.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                    Still shouldn't have said anything about taking lesser money, that was straight up dumb as hell.

I've given up on that fight, fights like Donaire-Rigondeaux, Donaire-Moreno, Ward-Bute, Mayweather-Sergio, are more interesting anyway, to me at least.

November 12, 2011 killed Mayweather-Pacquiao for most people.

I just doubt it'll happen.

How long does Manny have left on Top Rank??? I'm just asking because I have no idea.
                    it does not matter. pac is never leaving top rank. bob learned from losing oscar and floyd. he has pac locked into a slave contract. plus bob knowa all pacs secrets. and if pac ever come close to perhaps thinking about considering leaving top rank. bob will destroy him.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                      Yeah it's a dammed shame, after what Marquez just did to Pac and the fight happening in 2013 would mean very little.
                      It's not like Pac is past it or anything. If he beats Bradley down and than really actually convincingly beat Marquez in November, it's still a big fight.

The Marquez fight killed it for a lot of people, but it still means something.

Comment

Working...
                      X