Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    He got 40 mil fighting Mosley and Ortiz

He will get even more fighting Cotto
    lol link pls??????

Comment

• Originally posted by carts View Post
      lol link pls??????
      Mayweather received a guaranteed $22.5 Million for the fight, plus a bonus for PPV subscriptions which later amounted to around $40 million, while Mosley got $6.7 million.[7]
      Mayweather will be paid a guaranteed $25 million, which can go as high as $40 million depending on the pay per view numbers, and Ortiz will be paid $2 million.
      Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz generated buys from 1.25 million homes with a value of $78,440,000 in pay-per-view revenue. These numbers make the event the second highest grossing non-heavyweight pay-per-view event of all time.
      Simple search

Comment

• Originally posted by adp023 View Post
        Wait, how is it "hardball negotiating" when he ends up looking like the fool? By you saying he's playing hardball, you're validating his stance. If you say he's under "no pressure to make the deal", does that mean the pressure is all on Pacquiao? Hardly.

The majority of boxing writers and sports media in general have blamed Floyd for years for the fight not happening. I'd say that is indeed pressure....along with overdue taxes and going to jail! But you keep trying to explain his mindset and his right to take his stance lol.
        He is taking a hard line in negotiating, I don't care what you think of his position. He is trying to get the best possible deal and he feels he is in position to play the game as such.

We haven't talked about Manny at all and I don't care to bring him up as this has gotten nowhere. I am fine with him playing hardball also though, he should try and get the best possible deal also~

That is not real pressure as Floyd is doing just fine~ and will be just fine. Not to worried about how the man lives his life or the choices he makes~ everything will play out as it does no ammount of bitching or moaning changes that~

Comment

Simple search
          its not 40mil GUARANTEE!!

so he got it cuz of the ppv sales? now tell me my friend why on earth he doesnt want pac have a cut on the ppv sales if they fight???

Comment

so he got it cuz of the ppv sales? now tell me my friend why on earth he doesnt want pac have a cut on the ppv sales if they fight???
            In reality he should, what would Manny's motivation be to promote the fight if he got 0 out of it. Even lesser guys should always get a cut so they work harder on the promotion, a guy with a stake will always be more involved.

I know I wouldn't do jack promoting the fight if I got nothing out of it~

Comment

• I don't know with you guys, but this whole argument of Floyd wanting more than 50/50 because he believes he earns more than Manny in a fight is pure ******ITY in favor of Floyd!!!
              We all know that in their last 5-6 years in price fighting they both tallied almost similar PPV buys, one may argue a couple of hundred k's in difference on both camps, but just the same they are the only TWO fighters that can generate a million-plus PPV buys per fight consistently, so in that regard they are equal...
              And the argument of Floyd that he earns more than Manny per fight is totally misleading, with common opponents they generate almost identical PPV buys and they command the bigger share among their opponents... The only difference is Floyd co-promotes his own fights, while Manny has Arum to take care of that dirty end... Floyd as a co-promoter shares some of the responsibilities, fight expenses with his counterpart, while Manny relegates all of them to his promoter, so in effect what Floyd gets as additional compensation is his share as co-promoter... So in reality as fighters, both of them gets almost identical amount of money...
              And the floydiots claim that Manny only gets 6mill per fight is totally absurd, in the Marquez fight alone that generates more than 1.4mill PPV buys, Manny's share of 20bucks per PPV buys gave him a whopping 28mill plus dollars, and that's on PPV alone, there is additional gate receipt and endorsements payments that will be added, Manny must have earned a total of 36mill big ones on this fight alone....
              So Floyd's offer of 40mill flat from a potential 200mill-plus dollars super-fight is downright unacceptable, only floydiots will see pass through Floyd's dirty scheme....!!!!

Comment

Manny doesn't get paid as much as Mayweather does. If Pac wants the fight then he should at least make an attempt to negotiate.

Comment

Manny doesn't get paid as much as Mayweather does. If Pac wants the fight then he should at least make an attempt to negotiate.
                  Well that works both ways.

Comment

now ur talking about NEGOTIATION? ask floyd if he will first

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      Well that works both ways.
                      Negotiation doesn't work the FIomo way.

Comment

Working...
                      X