Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather To Pacquiao: No 50-50 and I'm Not Budging!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ALG United View Post
    I don't know with you guys, but this whole argument of Floyd wanting more than 50/50 because he believes he earns more than Manny in a fight is pure ******ITY in favor of Floyd!!!
    We all know that in their last 5-6 years in price fighting they both tallied almost similar PPV buys, one may argue a couple of hundred k's in difference on both camps, but just the same they are the only TWO fighters that can generate a million-plus PPV buys per fight consistently, so in that regard they are equal...
    And the argument of Floyd that he earns more than Manny per fight is totally misleading, with common opponents they generate almost identical PPV buys and they command the bigger share among their opponents... The only difference is Floyd co-promotes his own fights, while Manny has Arum to take care of that dirty end... Floyd as a co-promoter shares some of the responsibilities, fight expenses with his counterpart, while Manny relegates all of them to his promoter, so in effect what Floyd gets as additional compensation is his share as co-promoter... So in reality as fighters, both of them gets almost identical amount of money...
    And the floydiots claim that Manny only gets 6mill per fight is totally absurd, in the Marquez fight alone that generates more than 1.4mill PPV buys, Manny's share of 20bucks per PPV buys gave him a whopping 28mill plus dollars, and that's on PPV alone, there is additional gate receipt and endorsements payments that will be added, Manny must have earned a total of 36mill big ones on this fight alone....
    So Floyd's offer of 40mill flat from a potential 200mill-plus dollars super-fight is downright unacceptable, only floydiots will see pass through Floyd's dirty scheme....!!!!
    Very well put! It is rare for people on these posts to use some critical thinking skills. Kudos to you good sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      Manny doesn't get paid as much as Mayweather does. If Pac wants the fight then he should at least make an attempt to negotiate.
      According to Forbes he does: http://www.forbes.com/2011/05/31/hig..._slide_26.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
        How can a poor performance lower your stock as far as I know Pacman got the win?

Every heard of Mike Tyson, and Oscar De La Hoya? Pacquiao lost before when he was a semi star and he still drew big numbers of fans.

Arturo Gatti is another example of someone with multiple losses who still had fans.
        because before the Marquez rematch a lot of people had Floyd vs Pac as a 50/50 fight but now most people have Mayweather as the favorite to win (and he would be the betting favorite too) after comparing how Floyd easily handled Marquez and how Pacquiao struggled with him..

its the old saying, you're only as good as your last fight..

Comment

• Anyone know what happened to Pacquiao's money that he was supposed to get from the Cotto fight?

Comment

• I don't know if it is straight ducking, but it definitely is ridiculous money-grabbing. People want to see BOTH fighters going at each other, so 50-50 (or winner takes more) is the only logical and fair solution.
            Floyd is only offering him a specific sum because he knows that this fight would generate some ridiculous money...

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Pacquiao's money that he was supposed to get from the Cotto fight?
              when is the 40 mil guarantee for floyd in a fight friend show me hahahha

Comment

• I dont see any active boxer right now who could bring in $100M to Floyd than Manny. Floyd needs Pacquiao so he can get his biggest paycheck too.

But then again we all know Floyd doesnt like the risk and he'll throw all forms of roadblocks. Even if Manny concedes to the no 50-50 split, Floyd will ask him not to train in the Philippines ( Floyd actually hinted on this earlier) and it wont stop there. It took more than a year to settle the drug testing issue and now this.

Floyd needs to use his money to buy him some balls.

Comment

• He got 40 mil fighting Ortiz and Mosley. I didn't say anything about his guarantee being 40 mil.

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Pacquiao's money that he was supposed to get from the Cotto fight?
                    You know one of these days you are going to have to do some research of your own, but luckily I got your back, so here is a link to his most current guarantees: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...iao-net-worth/ and just in case you are too lazy to look it says he made 35 million against Cotto.
                    Last edited by crex.af; 04-23-2012, 03:10 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

He got 40 mil fighting Ortiz and Mosley. I didn't say anything about his guarantee being 40 mil.
                      so u cant give me anything about what i asked floyd wont get any 40mil guarantee to any other boxer than pac..

Comment

Working...
                      X